Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2022 3:58:03 PM EDT
I'm brand new to this game. Gonna establish my first trust. I could see me probably having half a dozen cans and a couple of sbr's on it... a MG would be a distant dream. You guys got any recommendations for which trust service and trust setup I should go with?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked the same question a few weeks ago. I used nationalguntrusts.com. unbelievably easy, and they are VERY quick and responsive. Even got answers on a Sunday.

I thought a national company like that would mean less attention and longer response times. I was wrong. I 100% recommend them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I asked the same question a few weeks ago. I used nationalguntrusts.com. unbelievably easy, and they are VERY quick and responsive. Even got answers on a Sunday.

I thought a national company like that would mean less attention and longer response times. I was wrong. I 100% recommend them.
View Quote

Good to know! Thank you! Is the form pretty self explanatory once you get into it? And how soon are you able to add a silencer to it once you've filled out the form?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the Gun Trust Guru after doing a lot of research. He writes these up very intelligently, making changes etc. as easy as possible for the settlor. I'm sure there are other good ones but I'm satisfied.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a local lawyer who is also a gun guy do mine.  Multiple people have copied it and just changed the names.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good to know! Thank you! Is the form pretty self explanatory once you get into it? And how soon are you able to add a silencer to it once you've filled out the form?
View Quote

After you purchase it, you essentially start filling out sections of it. It's all very self explanatory. Once you fill everything out, they check it over and send it back to you. Very easy process.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a family issue come up with a member of my trust, and I was sued.

I was able to keep all of my NFA items, remove that member of the trust, and counter-sue for no cost to me.

If you're a single guy with no assets an internet trust is great, but I am glad I went with an experienced trust attorney.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone used SilencerShop?

I guess it's one stop shopping. They sell trusts, the tax stamp, and silencers all on the same website. My LGS has one of their machines for doing fingerprints. Their trust runs $130. I presume that's a decent price.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess it's one stop shopping. They sell trusts, the tax sramo, and silencers all on the same website. My LGS has one of their machines for doing fingerprints. Their trust runs $130. I presume that's a decent price.
View Quote

Nationalguntrusts.com is $59... so Silencershop is a bit more expensive.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
National gun trusts.

Very responsive to any questions you might have.  Highly recommend them.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I guess it's one stop shopping. They sell trusts, the tax stamp, and silencers all on the same website. My LGS has one of their machines for doing fingerprints. Their trust runs $130. I presume that's a decent price.
View Quote

If I recall correctly, that $130 pays for an unlimited number of trusts.
A single trust is $25
Silencer Shop uses one trust per suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I need to get one set up.  I believe trust rules have changed since I last looked a couple of years ago, so I'm looking for current suggestions.  Tagging to keep from archiving.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the one from Silencer Shop and have no issues. I probably got mine at least 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#14]
You are in MN, you should use Ben Rust. He has long been the NFA lawyer to use.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you plan to buy 5 or more cans, get the unlimited trust. I've put 8 cans in jail with it and its been relatively painless: of course the e form transition was an absolute mess with SS/ATF, but that's to be expected with anything new with the govt.

One tip if you go this route: I've noticed is SS doesn't have 100% accurate stock on their site for local dealers. Go in and verify what you want is in stock. The last 3 deadair cans I bought all said they were OOS on SS' site yet they were on the shelves.

Another tip: use a competent dealer. It really helps to have people who know what theyre doing on your side.

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for National Gun Trusts.  Quick to respond with any questions.  They have alot of helpful how to guides on their webpage for a variety of topics.  Especially one to walk you through doing a form 1 submission.  I have no problem recommending them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I went with silencershop’s NFA trust over the unlimited trust for the option of adding a SBR too. I don’t think you can do a SBR with the unlimited trust but could be wrong.  
I can’t speak to how well it works as my first can is still in jail.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I have one that was done by a local lawyer with multiple things on it and 15 SS single shots. For me they are all the same with the caveat that the single shots are easier to add kids to as they get old enough.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I used these guys... https://nfalawyers.com/ and I'm happy with the product and pre/post sales support. I have used the trust they created for me for multiple transfers now with no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top