Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 10:37:30 PM EDT
I can potentially acquire a Kriss Vector carbine in 45 ACP for just under MSRP - some availability in local stores. I reload 45 ACP so ammo is available without markups, just with more effort by me. Not something I need, but a PCC in a caliber I actually have could be nice. So... why is this a terrible plan?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing wrong with it, although a lot of people think the operating system is wasted on the semi only firearms. I've had a 9mm SBR now for years, still stupid fun to shoot. Sight height over bore is a little annoying sometimes, but not the biggest deal.

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for it if you want it.

Cool guns. Really shine in not semiauto allegedly.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SBR in .45 and it is great. The function of the extended mags is hit or miss though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing wrong with it.  As previously noted, the ergonomics and function are a little different.  If you like the platform, find an opportunity to test fire it and decide if it works for you.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
What's MSRP on it???

Prefer my ghm45, even though mags are expensive.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's MSRP on it???

Prefer my ghm45, even though mags are expensive.
View Quote

The MSRP on a Vector SDP (pistol) is $1,445 and for an SBR is $1,625.

My GHM45 gets a lot more range time.  I wish the GHM had a more sturdy folding stock (like the Kriss) even though I haven't had any issues with it.  I know there is an updated Gen 2 GHM stock, but I prefer the straight cheek rest area.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold my Gen 2 9mm pistol with tailhook brace.  It is heavy, hard to field strip for cleaning, and it’s prone to breaking firing pins.  

It really shines with a vertical grip, but I couldn’t add one to my pistol without making it an AOW, so I had to live with the built in angled grip.

There isn’t a lot of aftermarket support for them and I much prefer my Sig MPXs and Scorpion Micro over it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I love mine. It is compact. I use G21 mags with the Vector extensions. Best to only fill with 28rnds. Have not had a problem out of it. Has been through approximately 800rnds. Keep it lubed and clean.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like mine, especially since I'm only in it about $600. A lot of fun, doubly so with a can.

Pistol or SBR is the way to go IMO. The carbines are obnoxiously heavy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the SBR and its a cool little weapon.  It does however get a little unreliable after it gets fairly dirty.  Unsuppressed that takes a while but suppressed she gets dirty quick.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I have owned a gen 2 in 45 thats an SBR for couple of years and probably 2K rounds. Only issues I had were light strikes on winchester primers, no problems with federal and their extensions don't always work great but ETS magazines have been 100%.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]
For me, it was reliability, and I felt like I was shooting a toaster.   Just not for me.

If it floats your boat, go for it.

Doc
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I sold my Gen 2 9mm pistol with tailhook brace.  It is heavy, hard to field strip for cleaning, and it’s prone to breaking firing pins.  

It really shines with a vertical grip, but I couldn’t add one to my pistol without making it an AOW, so I had to live with the built in angled grip.

There isn’t a lot of aftermarket support for them and I much prefer my Sig MPXs and Scorpion Micro over it.
View Quote

So was it a problematic firearm or did you just want something else?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Play escape from Tarkov you will enjoy it.. The 9mm plays better than the 45acp.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Love having a carbine rifle that takes my 45 ACP Glock 21 magazines. I have some Kriss extensions. The Kriss carbine has been totally reliable in the few hundred rounds I've fired using my Glock 21 230 gr. reloads. Don't shoot as much since we sold our farm.  The unique thing having carbine rifle pistol calibers is how much more accurate they are  than my pistol shooting and at longer ranges.  It's  unconventional looking but I recommend it. Add a good red dot and have fun. I get turned off by today's high prices and glad my inventory both guns and reloading supplies were pre-panic prices.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can potentially acquire a Kriss Vector carbine in 45 ACP for just under MSRP - some availability in local stores. I reload 45 ACP so ammo is available without markups, just with more effort by me. Not something I need, but a PCC in a caliber I actually have could be nice. So... why is this a terrible plan?
View Quote

I have the carbine in 9mm and it is a good PCC.  Trigger is decent.  Reliability is 100% so far.  Mine has that fake suppressor that adds a bit of weight to the front end, this is where I wish I had bought the pistol version instead.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
because they are made to be FA and we lack the freedom to own said full auto.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I have 3 vectors 9mm, 10mm & .45.  Some of my thoughts:

- Erognomics kind of suck.
 + Reloads are a bit awkward because mag release is not near dominant hand.
 + Needs vertical grip in front to keep me from occasionally hitting the bolt catch lever, causing malfunctions.
 + Can only have vertical grip on my SBR, not my pistols.
 + Ambi-safety lever digs into dominant hand when firing, flip that thing 180degrees to avoid this.
- Carbine with 16" barrel seems to have more recoil than the sbr or pistol.
- Charging handle was really hard to pull back on early models
- Can't really do caliber conversions because serial number is on lower assembly with the barrel/bolt/magwell.
 + I have SBR, and i can not legally swap calibers on it because of serial# location.
- Mag extensions can occasionally cause malfunctions on g21 mags.
- Low recoil platform is kind of wasted on semi-auto.

+ Fullauto vector in 9mm is fucking amazing to shoot.
* high cyclic rate
* easy to manage recoil
* Un-obtanium unless you hang out with LEOs or machinegun manufacturers
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I have an early KRISS Vector in 45 that I SBR’d.

It is a fun PCC. It suppresses well.

It gets dirty when shooting suppressed (what doesn’t?!), but it gets less reliable when it gets dirty. You will need to keep applying oil, which makes a filthy mess. I shot 800rds suppressed in one afternoon. It took me DAYS to clean it!! But it kept cycling as long as we kept it wet.

I was also shooting an MPX-K suppressed, which did not need any extra lubrication and never jammed in over 800rds that same afternoon. Probably closer to 1k rounds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#20]
The .45 Kriss recoil is very violent. Slow motion video shows how rough it is. 2rd burst is kinda useful but full auto is useless. It is terrible in full auto.

An over gassed M4 is much more controllable.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Controls are poorly placed for a lefty, terrible in fact.

I have a 9&45 SBR, I love them.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with it, although a lot of people think the operating system is wasted on the semi only firearms. I've had a 9mm SBR now for years, still stupid fun to shoot. Sight height over bore is a little annoying sometimes, but not the biggest deal.

https://i.imgur.com/FHQ8ZaIh.jpg?1
View Quote

@firepyro515, that is an excellent set up.

I was thinking about a Vector in 45 with the Mk5 rail and was also wondering how well a TLR7 would tuck up on the top to replicate the light placement from the early vectors. I was happy to find this thread and see you already did it and it looks great!

What rail section did you use on the top of the Mk5 rail to mount the light?

Also, how far is the muzzle inside the Mk5 rail with the 5.5” barrel? I was also going to run a can and let it tuck in a bit like that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#23]
FPNI

Why buy a vector when other reliable cheaper options are available?  
In FA, hell yeah, I'd take a vector over traditional systems.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting concept for short action.

The one full auto video I've seen, the recoil looks...erratic, I'm guessing because the recoiling mass in moving in two dimensions.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#25]
My 9mm is fun to shoot.  Is very reliable even with cheap Korean mags.  I have no complaints.  Its not the best PCC out there but everyone has different tastes.  I think the Scorpion EVO is hard to beat for the money.  I have many other PCCs I wanted this to round out the collection as it is very unique.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#26]
My 9mm carbine had reliability issues (bullet setback/feed failure, probably steep ramp). My 10mm pistol has been good so far but not shot a lot.

Wildly impractical but cool curiosity. Even in FA, the cyclic rate is too fast. The 2 rd burst would be good.

Long story short, fun gun, cool conversation piece. Sort of like the Calico. If I needed to grab a PCC for defensive purposes, I would choose something else.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, I know, three month old thread but the question needs to be answered:

What is so unreliable about the Kriss Vector specifically in 9mm? No one has said what the reliability issue/s is/are! Let’s hear facts not fiction or video game BS. Everything I’ve read about it just complains about the ergonomics and the fact that you can’t run +P rounds through it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For me, it was reliability, and I felt like I was shooting a toaster.   Just not for me.

If it floats your boat, go for it.

Doc
View Quote

This and the wonky controls
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This and the wonky controls
View Quote

I understand that and it’s been dead horse whipped but I want SPECIFIC reliability issues! I am starting to doubt it has any since everyone is fixated on the “wonky” controls and the sight over bore gap. Come on you apes, this is a tech forum, not GD!
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Kriss  Vectors have been available here more frequently than any other PCC, at least close to the Rugers.  I didn't get one because I really don't like the way they look.  I prefer the Banshee look, so those are my PCC
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rube Goldberg design….
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I understand that and it’s been dead horse whipped but I want SPECIFIC reliability issues! I am starting to doubt it has any since everyone is fixated on the “wonky” controls and the sight over bore gap. Come on you apes, this is a tech forum, not GD!
View Quote

I rented one at a range the .45 version. I hated it but it was accurate and functioned 100%. It seemed to be pretty clapped out being a range gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought one in 9mm months ago. The only thing I don't like is it slaps the fucking shit out of my cheek with a brace/stock. I only ran a few mags through and it was sore for days after. My buddy had the same problem
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#34]
They're super nice the way they absorb recoil when shooting, but when you look at the barrel length, you're literally getting handgun ballistics out of something way bigger than it needs to be. Not a huge fan of the stock or charging handle either. I think there are way better PCCs out there but whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#35]
So I fully understand the personal cons of the firearm and from what I am hearing at the least is no one has had a reliability issue with the 9mm version other than one reported and one that was not a problem with the platform itself (shit magazines and ammo issues). I have had some range time with the 9mm Vector in SBR and have not experienced any reliability issues. I also have not noticed any cheek slapping nor have had a problem with the size of the Vector. Every gun has its little quirks. I own a CZ Scorpion and a Stribog and they have their own quirky bits but I enjoy shooting them equally. I enjoyed the Vector and am seeking one now to SBR and use with a suppressor. I want to thank those who explained what they did not like about the Vector and not just trashed the gun only based upon speculation and just down right uneducated hate. The one thing I hate is people making baseless claims about a gun they never touched let alone ever shot and just parrot what they heard on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#36]
That’s cool man get a Vector if it makes you happy. I still think the ancient MP5 platform is a better option.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So I fully understand the personal cons of the firearm and from what I am hearing at the least is no one has had a reliability issue with the 9mm version other than one reported and one that was not a problem with the platform itself (shit magazines and ammo issues). I have had some range time with the 9mm Vector in SBR and have not experienced any reliability issues. I also have not noticed any cheek slapping nor have had a problem with the size of the Vector. Every gun has its little quirks. I own a CZ Scorpion and a Stribog and they have their own quirky bits but I enjoy shooting them equally. I enjoyed the Vector and am seeking one now to SBR and use with a suppressor. I want to thank those who explained what they did not like about the Vector and not just trashed the gun only based upon speculation and just down right uneducated hate. The one thing I hate is people making baseless claims about a gun they never touched let alone ever shot and just parrot what they heard on the internet.
View Quote

My Vector is the first of many different PCCs I later picked up.  Including B&T, MP5 clone, Banshee.  I don't get into the "this is better than that" debate.  I don't care, because I'm interested in the personality of the gun and the uniqueness of it.  I have bought all of the other options I wanted, and I don't regret any of them.  The Vector recoil is very similar to the APC9.  It happens fast and you end up back on target easily enough.  Since I only have semi-auto, they are equal in the sense that they return to POA at about the same rate.  The Vector is best as a SBR.  It has a super high height-over-bore that rivals other guns like the G36.  Some optics may be struggling at their adjustment limit.

Thinking back to how the Vector gets trashed... there is a primary/secondary podcast that goes over PCCs.  They dog the Vector, but I don't remember any specifics... like it was supposed to be a given that they did not work.  They at least got specific about the MPX, referring to higher round counts without cleaning.  But nothing useful about the Vector "issues."  *shrug*
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a gen 1 in 45acp pistol with brace. I love it, it's a super cool gun. Makes me smile every time time I shoot it. With a can and the subsonic nature of 45acp it is an awesome HD gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haven't shot one in years, but I used to work for a SOT which had a full auto.    It ran OK w/ the Glock 21 factory mags but wouldn't run worth shit w/ the extensions on them.    I didn't see much point to a 13 round MG.    

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a Vector that I SBR’d years ago.  I installed a Double Tap trigger module that rocks at about 600 rounds per minute.  Now feels more like a Vector should and like it was originally designed to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Kriss has the gen 2 hinged uppers back in stock. Black as of 30 min ago. I bought a black one. I want to get a double tap trigger but didn’t want to send mine in as I sbr’d it and didn’t want to chance messing up the oem trigger. It’s $400 for the new double tap or $250 for the trigger mod on your trigger. So the swap out will save me more than half of the new upper cost by sending in the trigger from the new upper and I’ll have an extra upper and can easily swap between assembly’s.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, I just bought a Gen 2 SDP in 9mm with the hinged upper - should arrive next week.  Then immediately spent $500 more in accessories for it.  Stock to SBR it, the MLOK front handguard thing, a tri-lug adapter, some Glock 33rd mags, some rails, ambi controls delete and a few other things.  Been wanting one for a while and hope it lives up to what I hope it is.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Nothing Wrong with my 9mm Pistol.  I understand it isn't necessarily better than other PCC designs, but I am a collector and shooter and like the unique features it has.  It works well and reliable with Glock 9mm mags of all flavors - and is great for a collector shooter.  No problems with mine.  I feel its a worthy addition to a collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top