Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 1:32:31 PM EDT
I've got a Haley Strategic D3CRX for my 5.56 that I have pretty dialed in.  Just received the Haley Strategic D3CR Heavy chest rig to run with my HK G3K (mild flex).  The D3CRH is a slightly different configuration than my other rig so I'm reconsidering how I set this chest rig up.  I've seen a great example in another thread I have but I'm curious how you have your chest rig configured. I understand "mission dictates loadout".  What do you consider "essential" in your chest rig?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Mags and an extra TQ. Comms if you have people to talk to, and then whatever isn't on your belt. But mags, tq, and comms are all I'd consider "essential" (I'm a fan of IFAK on the belt).

I'm using the D3CRM right now and it's holding (including the cumberbund since it's on a plate carrier and I'd use expansion wings if it wasn't) 4x 30rd AR mags, 2x 24rd glock mags, Baofeng BF-F8HP, IWA M14 smoke, TQ on a hanger, and Steiner AZ 8x30's for when it's playing with the RECCE rig. If I switched to the 300blk PDW, the binos would get replaced by 2x 20rd mags with subs/supers (whichever is the opposite of what I have in the 30rd mags for the task at hand).

Keep it clean and simple. Mags are a given and TQ is because you have space so there's no reason not to, but if you don't need anything else don't feel a need to strap stuff on just to fill up empty pockets.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Random stuff mostly for administrative/non-shooting purposes. Outside of magazines, of course.

Extra TQ, some 550 cord, some rolled up duct tape, a few bandaids, two AAs and two CR123s, a waterproof notebook, and a thin point sharpie. Pretty simple and light stuff that doesn't impede my ability to move or go prone.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Random stuff mostly for administrative/non-shooting purposes. Outside of magazines, of course.

Extra TQ, some 550 cord, some rolled up duct tape, a few bandaids, two AAs and two CR123s, a waterproof notebook, and a thin point sharpie. Pretty simple and light stuff that doesn't impede my ability to move or go prone.
View Quote

Pretty much this but also a leather man and some snacks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
For 5.56, two BFG double mag pouches and a Tyr mesh bottle pouch (this is AZ, after all). For 7.62, four Ten Speed mag pouches. Everything else is on my belt.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
My chest and below it a big bag of.....peanuts
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve got a Rhodesian, so I can put a plate in there if I want.

It’s also got a flat zipper pouch for map/protractor, 9Line cards (MEDEVAC, CAS, UXO/IED), OPSKED, other mission items, pens pencils markers.

Frag elevator on the side holds 2 frags, IFAK, GP Pouch, 2x tourniquets, rifle mags (holds 6 across the front in a single row so I can go prone), VS17 panel, firefly in the admin pouch, spare batteries, signal mirror, fire starting material and bandaids, and a holder for my Garmin. No pistol mags, those go on my belt. My chest rig has an interior pouch sized for a 152.

If I’m not in need of grenades, I’ll swap the grenade elevator out with an HSGI 1L water bottle taco.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#8]
All good ideas fellas, keep ‘em coming.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Don’t have a chest rig- tried split-front, FLC, panel-style, PC, high speed range belt, and still prefer the LC-2 rig.

9 or 6 Mags (depending 5.56 or .308)
2 canteens, cup and stove (for coffee)
Knife
Radio
Compass
Then stuff like TQ, Modular Bandage, boresnake, 550, headlamp, poncho (doubles as shelter), trail mix, socks all in the Buttpack.

Edit: No pistol because I use an M7 shoulder holster with 2-mag pouch worn under the LBE. Easier that trying to cram that on the belt and keeps it out of the way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
My chest rig only carries:
Mags
IFAK
Radio
Compass

All the other crap goes in an assault pack.

I use a belt kit most of the time and only switch to a chest rig in the bowels of winter to allow me to use a big-assed ruck with a good hip belt.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]
9 line, fires plan, range card, CFF, pointee talkee, reports books - SALUTE, GOTWA, EPW, NBC on cards I can write on, comms info, etc + map markers

IR strobe, GPS (foretrex) if not worn, compass for backup polar CFF

$500 american cash

beef snack or HOOAH bar from MRE

bic mini to set things on fire

semi dirty photo of an ex GF I think is still floating around the map compartment
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
TT Split MAV - Mine is light as hell. 3 rifle mags, IFAK, and a tiny admin pouch with bandaids, 550, some duct tape, and a couple CR123s. Everything else is in a pack.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Attached to a flatpack for hydro and sustainment needs
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]

it is coming together.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/0UMAFuj.jpg

it is coming together.
View Quote

But what's in it?

Very very close to the setup I'm working towards!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But what's in it?

Very very close to the setup I'm working towards!
View Quote

still waiting on a couple of small parts for the large GP to keep the gun running, but you see the surefire echo fixed blade,4 HK G3K mags + 2 HK USP .45 mags.  The small GP has a small surefire light and multitool, large GP has foam ear plugs, lighter, compass, spare CR123 batteries and 2 chem lights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Which one? You don't have several

My range rig or what could be used for "low profile" field use:

Spiritus bank robber rig:
2 M4 mags
1 Walky talky (or my mobile device)
1 compact wound dressing
1 CAT TQ

For use under field conditions, I've got an eagle RRV, as mentioned above it's nice that I can stick a plate in there if I needed:
2-4 M4 mags
1 Walky talky
Pair of M24 Binoculars
Fully stocked IFAK
Admin pouch with a write-in-the-rain pad, a multi-tool, flashlight, maps, comms tables, etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

still waiting on a couple of small parts for the large GP to keep the gun running, but you see the surefire echo fixed blade,4 HK G3K mags + 2 HK USP .45 mags.  The small GP has a small surefire light and multitool, large GP has foam ear plugs, lighter, compass, spare CR123 batteries and 2 chem lights.
View Quote

Looking good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top