Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2021 2:54:15 AM EDT
I was outback with my dog playing night fetch and when we came back in I noticed there's what looks like a hair or something but both front and back lens are clean. Any idea what is going on here

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a small hair either on the inside, either on the eye objective/tube surface or on the IIT front window. And, assume it's a PVS-14. If you not comfortable taking it apart yourself, send it to one of the vendors on here to get cleaned and re-purged.

---
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I reached out to the company I got it from today and waiting to hear back from them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m going to say they used a Qtip instead of a foam swab to clean the lens and that got left over.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a return label yesterday and it's on the way back to the manufacturer. Told my wife this is why I need two pvs 14's
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m going to say they used a Qtip instead of a foam swab to clean the lens and that got left over.
View Quote

Got an update on my pvs 14, you were right it was a Qtip fiber on the lens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top