Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 10:19:13 AM EDT
I’ve been eyeing handheld thermals recently and wanted some type of recommendations from people who have them.  I like the pulsar thermonuclear scope but I’m not sure if their handhelds are up to task. Can anyone recommend me one that won’t break the bank yet be good quality?   Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’ve been eyeing handheld thermals recently and wanted some type of recommendations from people who have them.  I like the pulsar thermonuclear scope but I’m not sure if their handhelds are up to task. Can anyone recommend me one that won’t break the bank yet be good quality?   Thanks
View Quote

Pulsar thermonuclear sounds fun! Jk.

I have good luck with their helion series.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that information. Do they take the same batteries as the thermion xp50 scope? Do they also have the same kind of internal memory and Wi-Fi?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for that information. Do they take the same batteries as the thermion xp50 scope? Do they also have the same kind of internal memory and Wi-Fi?
View Quote

The Helion and the Trail and Trail2 share batteries.

The Helions are decent. I have owned a Pulsar Helion XP38 and a XP50. However, I sold both of them when the Bering Optics Phenom 640 res, 12 µm scanner released. The image is absolutely stunning. It has a good FOV at 13° x 10°. It does have internal video (no audio) and wifi (Android only). It also has a very interesting mode called Target Hot. Under normal conditions, the image isn't great, but when you are in really bad weather like heavy fog, snow, etc it typically produces a thermal image when nothing else will. The Bering Phenom also has a 4 year transferrable warranty vs the standard 3-year Pulsar warranty. The Phenom has a 6-hour rated internal battery, but it also can be powered by a 5V battery pack which is what I do so I can scan all night. Night Goggles has the 12 µm for sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top