Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2022 4:58:44 PM EDT
I've been seeing things online that make me wonder whether Steiner and L3 are no longer going to make their civilian LAMs available for the foreseeable future.  What's the word on availability of civilian legal IR laser/illuminator devices from L3 and Steiner going forward?

Thanks for any intel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Any word on the LAM coming from EOTech?  Apparently they have their own in the works to replace the ATPIAL-C in their lineup.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any word on the LAM coming from EOTech?  Apparently they have their own in the works to replace the ATPIAL-C in their lineup.
View Quote

I don't think anyone is going to spill the beans right now so we will have to see.  I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping that we get to see something exciting in the civilian realm come Shot Show.

If whoever owns the rights to the ATPIAL (I can't keep track) would simply put a vscel illuminator into that unit I would buy three right now provided they're under 2k.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone is going to spill the beans right now so we will have to see.  I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping that we get to see something exciting in the civilian realm come Shot Show.

If whoever owns the rights to the ATPIAL (I can't keep track) would simply put a vscel illuminator into that unit I would buy three right now provided they're under 2k.
View Quote

Fair enough, but the fact that EOTech has a unit in the works isn't any secret.  Their own customer service said it was coming when I inquired about the ATPIAL-C.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The ATPIAL is and always has been an L-3 Technologies / Insight product, EOTech was simply a distributor whilst still under the L-3 umbrella, however they were divested shortly after the L-3 / Harris merger, and it was decided not to retain any dealer or distribution relationship, hence why EOTech has "revamped" its whole Night Vision and VAS product line and established a distribution relationship with Theon Sensors.

As I mentioned, laser components, including diodes have been rising in price--there have already been a couple price increases this year across the board on various different laser systems.

Other than that, I can't comment much more on what programs are or may be in the works.

~Augee
View Quote

Thanks Augee.

I think the people I was hearing and reading things from over the past few months have been freaking out about the inventory drying up at so many retailers along with many listing them as "discontinued" on their websites. For example, T-Rex Arms did carry the ATPIAL-C, but they've removed it entirely from their website, doesn't even show up there anymore as "out-of-stock."  
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks Augee.

I think the people I was hearing and reading things from over the past few months have been freaking out about the inventory drying up at so many retailers along with many listing them as "discontinued" on their websites. For example, T-Rex Arms did carry the ATPIAL-C, but they've removed it entirely from their website, doesn't even show up there anymore as "out-of-stock."  
View Quote

That and Kosher Surplus said on IG they purchased all the remaining dbals that Steiner had. And DVor was blowing what they had instock out about a month ago. I just assumed that they were making way for new SKUs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That and Kosher Surplus said on IG they purchased all the remaining dbals that Steiner had. And DVor was blowing what they had instock out about a month ago. I just assumed that they were making way for new SKUs.
View Quote

Damn, I missed that
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Damn, I missed that
View Quote

Prices were good. D2 was like $1100 if I remember correctly the i2 was like $550 I think. Could be wrong, but seemed like it was close to $300 off normal price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top