Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2022 10:08:17 PM EDT
Came across a British Osprey MK3 plate carrier system for a good price and thought it was cool and would work as a backup plate carrier. I don't have it in hand yet, but am having trouble finding what plate cut/size it takes?

Also curious if anyone has tried dyeing one of the MK3s or MK4s? I prefer Ranger Green, but the MK3 is a desert camo color. Also have a couple MK4 accessories coming that are multicam that I would rather be Ranger Green or at least multicam black.

Lastly, is there anywhere to source the shoulder armor? I admit not needed or practical for me, but the full set sure does look interesting.

Appreciate the help!

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the UK nomenclature, but I got to handle some of the Osprey armor a while back.

If I remember correctly, the Osprey plates are both a unique shape with the front being asymmetric to favor a right handed shooter.  I don't recall if there are different sizes, and I dont know if the plate pockets will accept our SAPI shape or not.

Let us know what it looks like when you get it.

ETA:
The Osprey vest I had my hands on was an IOTV-like armor carrier with the soft armor and plates.  I don't think I've seen an Osprey plate carrier yet, it could be different.

The vest I saw took these plates:
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I couldn’t find the original plates so I used regular plates and filled the space remaining in the pouch with a kevlar panel

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
What chest rig is that on the left?
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What chest rig is that on the left?
View Quote

Northern Ireland/British DPM chest rig

SAS used them a lot in the conflict. There use to be a bunch on eBay
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#5]
@JonathanwFL

What brand/size of regular plates did u go with?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@JonathanwFL

What brand/size of regular plates did u go with?
View Quote

I just had some old plates laying around, equivalent to a large sapi in size

The kevlar panals were taken from surplus police vests, one just happened to be the right size for the front and rear vests. To fill out the pouch, I used a kevlar vest panal and stuffed it in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top