User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2021 4:38:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Atlas
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can afford a SCAR 17 you should just get an Atlas.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I own an atlas. This will be my next bipod.

https://www.evolutionbipod.com/
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Atlas on my SCAR 20, and have also run a Harris on all of my SCARs at some time or another.  I don’t own a Magpul bipod, but I recently shot someone’s suppressed 6.5CM Bergara off one and it was great.  I don’t see anything wrong with it.

For what I do, Harris is my first choice for ease of deployment and the ability to easily cant (BRM-S, or S-BRM).  The Magpul is also as capable and about the same price.  The Atlas is very well built, but it annoys me in that you have to individually deploy each leg and put it in the notch you want.  For me, being able to quickly deploy both legs of the Harris with gross motor skills works better, and I just manipulate the length of the legs and the rifle itself to get on target from there.  I will probably buy a Magpul for my next bipod.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a Magpul setup....keyword...had...
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I am interested to know more, because I was really thinking about trying one out.  Don’t want to buy something that is a disappointment.  What made you get rid of yours, if you don’t mind sharing?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am interested to know more, because I was really thinking about trying one out.  Don’t want to buy something that is a disappointment.  What made you get rid of yours, if you don’t mind sharing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the amount you pay they are not a disappointment.  I have used one do not own one currently but if I was going to buy a new bi-pod they have a lot of neat features in the price bracket they are in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
My biggest issue was not being able to lock out the swivel no matter how hard I tightened down the knob.

They make pan lockout easy...

I think for a plinking gun or even 3-gun it would be good to go.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a bummer because I want to lock for positions.  Wonder why they did that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Atlas.

Buy Once, Cry Once.

Put the Magpul on a 10/22.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a Magpul......now on an Atlas.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't be a pussy and get a magpul. I have one on my beltfed. I load that thing like a bitch, no problems. And it weighs nothing - and takes Atlas feet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:15:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The magpul bipod is awesome with the scar if you are inclined to modify it a bit.  You can make the legs tuck right up between the bottom rails and the side rails.  It looks like it was actually designed with the rifle and is out of the way but works well when deployed.  I had a thread on how to do it a while back but it’s probably gone to archive.  Will post a pic tomorrow if I remember.

I hate having a bunch of shit sticking out all over like it was tacked on as an afterthought.
View Quote

I’m interested in seeing this modification.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Basically involved removing the normal mounting hardware on the Magpul bipod and milling out the inside of it a bit so it could fit around the front of the bottom rail.  The normal screw that secures the rail to the lower barrel support I replaced with a new longer screw that I fabricated.  Basically it still has the countersunk bit in the middle and can be torqued correctly with a stud that the bipod mounts to.  I used a wave spring washer so the bipod can move slightly on the stud but just a very small amount.

I don’t know what the “professionals” might think of it but the bipod works really well for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493593/0E540DF2-9E83-49E0-9001-6C0EA234AE7F_jpe-1891955.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493593/788C7051-09D1-475F-87B7-8AF7D4780B94_jpe-1891956.JPG
View Quote

Thats actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had nothing but good experiences with Magpul bipods.  I have an Atlas as well and like it too.

As for the SCAR mod, that is very clean.  I'll have to give it a try.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've had nothing but good experiences with Magpul bipods.  I have an Atlas as well and like it too.

As for the SCAR mod, that is very clean.  I'll have to give it a try.
View Quote

You gotta trim some off the sides of the rail mount on the magpul grip and I think I slightly shaved the legs of the bipod to make it all fit nice and tidy, but it’s not enough to effect the integrity of them.

It would be nice if manufacturers made stuff like this that worked better with the design of guns.  If I’m shooting bench rest guns it’s not a big deal to have a bipod hanging off the bottom but for a “using” rifle I like to avoid a having a bunch of stuff to get tangled up.

One of my favorite bipods is the BM59 which just tucks up really nicely into the handguard similar to the way they can on FAL or HK91.  Difference is BM59 bipod is all aluminum and really light.  Downside is that none of those “legacy” rifles have adjustable bipods.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:07:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a couple atlas, Harris, and Magpul. Gonna grab an accutac next.

The look and feel of the atlas is amazing, especially with the scar and especially with the KDG rail which I have on it.

BUT I do end up running the Magpul on my scar. The ability to deploy both legs super fast is worth it for me.

Guess it depends if you want the ability to deploy the legs with the swipe of your hand super fast, or hit the buttons. I can deploy the legs down and go from standing to prone in a pretty fast smooth transition where as with the atlas I can’t.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top