Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2018 10:52:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That's an FAL receiver and lower receiver. Depends on how much. I'd buy it, parts kits are 700-500$
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
So I would need to add $700 - $500 in parts or it is worth that right now as is?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I would need to add $700 - $500 in parts or it is worth that right now as is?
View Quote
Yea, it depends on whether the receiver is an inch pattern or a metric pattern receiver. I'm not too well versed in FALs, but I know British kits are around 700, while Imbel kits are 500.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
A LOT less than that I think.  Most of its there.  Buy it or offer it to a deserving Arfcomer (not me though.  I'm broke).

Check DS Arms for parts.  Or Apex gun parts for used .
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok then...  Thank you
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
It's an Imbel FAL upper receiver, so I'd snag it if the price is right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd buy it; I only have one para FAL.
Looks like an Imbel non-gear-logo upper receiver (metric, of course) on an apparently complete para lower. The NGL Imbels were mostly imported by Century ("CAI") and Pacific ("PAC"), but they will say "Imbel" on them. Imbel is "tier one" for FAL upper receivers.
It will need the front end parts (barrel, gas assembly, handguards, etc.), BCG / locking shoulder, and para topcover / springs to complete it.
The para stock can be swapped for a standard fixed stock, but the usual (easier) route is to swap complete lowers.
As it sits, going rate is probably $500 +/- (depends on the lower receiver manufacturer), with maybe another $300 in parts to complete it, depending on how much mix 'n match you want to do with parts. FALs are not quite like ARs in the Lego sense, but there are numerous variants, and most parts (or at least subassemblies) will interchange, even between Inch and metric versions.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]
It is a CAI by Imbel from the stamping.  It’s marked C1A1 so I do believe it has some inch cuts.  They varied in combination what was cut inch style; charging handle for sure, then mag cut sometimes, tab top cover cuts sometimes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top