Matching numbers where they count.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
StG-58 kit build on a post ban Imbel receiver ..... 12-1400
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a nice rifle. I sold a Imbel/STG build for $1200 about 10 years ago.  In current market should go for more.  People have been bidding up kit guns on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
In the current market I’d say $1800-$2200. Nuts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joguwa86:
View Quote

Id agree with this pricerange
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Stripped gear logo Imbel receivers have been going for crazy money lately. Been seeing them sell on GunBroker for $1000+ regularly.
Coworker had to have an Imbel gear receiver. He paid $1200 for it. Then a Chilean kit he found locally for $1200.
He asked (begged) me to sell him one of my $99 FAL Files kits. I still have 2 left unbuilt. Not turning loose of them for now.
He has been buying mags off of GunBroker for around $20-$25 each. Someone had 5 aluminum mags in one of the lots they sold him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Stripped gear logo Imbel receivers have been going for crazy money lately. Been seeing them sell on GunBroker for $1000+ regularly.
View Quote

That's fucking ridiculous when forged DSAs are half the price. I had a couple gear logos and they were fine, but nothing exceptional. I actually had more problems with those than any of the half dozen DSAs I've built.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Odinforever2000:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Odinforever2000:

No way, unless it came with the original Austrian parts and furniture. Finish on the lower doesn't look correct for Austrian parts, so not sure if it is original/matching - if not, that's another hit.

At that upper end of the price range you'd be better off looking for a Springfield import rather than a parts gun that is more than likely homebuilt.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:39:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joguwa86] [#8]
Originally Posted By Apec:

No way, unless it came with the original Austrian parts and furniture. Finish on the lower doesn't look correct for Austrian parts, so not sure if it is original/matching - if not, that's another hit.

At that upper end of the price range you'd be better off looking for a Springfield import rather than a parts gun that is more than likely homebuilt.
View Quote

Have you looked at Gunbroker “sold” prices lately? I’m just calling it as I see it. I still see Imbel FAL’s as $800 rifles, but it’s no longer even close to reality. Hell, a stripped Imbel receiver went for nearly $1200 recently.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:32:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#9]

Have you looked at Gunbroker “sold” prices lately? I’m just calling it as I see it. I still see Imbel FAL’s as $800 rifles, but it’s no longer even close to reality. Hell, a stripped Imbel receiver went for nearly $1200 recently.
View Quote

From what perspective are we looking at? The buy or sell side? This changes things considerably.

As someone who sells often on gunbroker, I will say that gunbroker is very volatile. Just because X item sold for some crazy amount, doesn't mean that selling something similar or the exact same product is going to net anywhere close what the past ones did. I've posted rare items for sale at lower prices than comparable past auctions and got nothing but tirekickers and lowballers.

There was a past auction for a matching #s STG58 on an Imbel receiver with 3 mags for $2K starting bid. It got no hits at closing.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/930304601

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay, that is fair. When I go on gunbroker these days it’s mostly when people send me “wow look how much this sold for” links.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Apec:

From what perspective are we looking at? The buy or sell side? This changes things considerably.

As someone who sells often on gunbroker, I will say that gunbroker is very volatile. Just because X item sold for some crazy amount, doesn't mean that selling something similar or the exact same product is going to net anywhere close what the past ones did. I've posted rare items for sale at lower prices than comparable past auctions and got nothing but tirekickers and lowballers.

There was a past auction for a matching #s STG58 on an Imbel receiver with 3 mags for $2K starting bid. It got no hits at closing.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/930304601

View Quote

Just an Imbel parts kit goes for almost a G matching and good condition
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice FAL,is that a rattle can camo on furniture,did you do it your self.Looks good.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I've always liked the FAL. I know 308 is hotter than 7.62x51 but it should handle 308 ok.  Still see 308 on the shelf at our local Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lew:

That's fucking ridiculous when forged DSAs are half the price. I had a couple gear logos and they were fine, but nothing exceptional. I actually had more problems with those than any of the half dozen DSAs I've built.
View Quote

Keep in mind that Imbels are actually forged, but the dimensions are from the cast Type 3 design.  So they are heavy duty receivers, and probably as a result better than anything DSA ever sold.  Why Imbel went that route who knows, but that is how they made them- no lightening cuts on their uppers.  (Unlike the type 1 forged, which was changed for F/A use to Type 2 due to some receivers cracking in heavy duty usage.)

So I might not consider an Imbel twice the receiver a current DSA is, but it probably is stronger, plus you can match an Imbel kit up to it and be more “correct” than with any of the DSA receivers.  

I am kind of a snob- only LMT made DSA’s and Imbels for me...
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tac556:
I am kind of a snob- only LMT made DSA’s and Imbels for me...
View Quote

I've had a half dozen of each DSA type and two IMBELs. They've all worked, but I've had minor issues with all of them. I wouldn't pay a premium for any type.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Didn’t pay a premium on mine either- just bought a bunch of Imbel and LMT made DSA’s long ago, built some, and still have plenty of projects to use the rest on.  Back then the receivers cost more than the kits.  

Only real issue I have had was my kid had his one piece ejector block shear off the ejector recently.  DSA is warranty fixing it,  with a 2 piece block, saving me from trying to fit one of my surplus blocks to it.  My one big concern is how many other receivers do I have from the same batch...hmmmm.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tac556:
Didn’t pay a premium on mine either- just bought a bunch of Imbel and LMT made DSA’s long ago, built some, and still have plenty of projects to use the rest on.  Back then the receivers cost more than the kits.
View Quote

I miss those days dearly. Paid $389 for my IMBEL receiver, and DSA's were around $450. I paid $99-$120 for my Rhodesian kits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top