Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2022 8:03:02 AM EDT
Long story short, I'm close to "going all-in" on Griffin's EZ-LOK for my handguns. Unfortunately I own the Tirant 9M, and the EZ-LOK AAC piston is only for the Tirant 45 which is not compatible with the 9. So I wonder if I can replace the entire booster, perhaps with Griffin's booster + a Griffin EZ-LOK piston? That booster is for 1.2875x24 tube bodies, but I can't find the tube threading for the Tirant. ATM best I can do is use a measuring tape, and the outer threads are ROUGHLY 1-3/16" or 1-7/32" which comes close. Hoping someone happens to already know if this will work.

Also any comments about EZ-LOK are welcome. I have the Tirant and the SiCo Hybrid 46m, planning to order the CGS Mod-9. I will be hosting them on Glock 17's, a P320, a FNX-9, and maybe a Glock 21 for the Hybrid. Longterm plan is to get them all SBR'd and add USW conversion kits. My main attraction to the EZ-LOK system is retention and swapability.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out Ecco machine. They might have a booster that fits the TiRants native threads.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Ecco machine. They might have a booster that fits the TiRants native threads.
View Quote

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. AAC had to use a non-standard 1-5/16"x28 thread, therefore the booster is a regulated suppressor part. I have to send it in to Ecco for them to fit their booster and destroy my old one. Shoutout to AAC for documenting NONE of this and wasting a ton of my time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
To be fair to AAC, the TiRant was made several years before the standard threading thing came about.  However, the new AAC is making the 9M HD with the larger pistons.  They might be able to switch the assembly, worth a try at least.
View Quote

One of the cool things about the new Ti-RANT 9M-HD is it uses the Ti-Rant 45 backend, so you can use Ti-Rant 45 pistons, which means you can use Griffin EZ-LOK :)

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
To be fair to AAC, the TiRant was made several years before the standard threading thing came about.  However, the new AAC is making the 9M HD with the larger pistons.  They might be able to switch the assembly, worth a try at least.
View Quote

I get that but it'd be nice if they listed their threading somewhere. And if they were more clear on the different TiRant models. Currently the only tirant 9 pdf manual I can find has at least a page missing. And I can't find any info that clearly distinguishes between the 9, 9M, and 9M-HD, other than modularity, and the 9M-HD's have larger pistons. But I'll call them and give it a shot, thanks for the idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top