Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2018 11:23:41 AM EDT
Realized I might have put this in the wrong sub forum earlier. Perhaps more people in here have changed out Sig MCX triggers.

Ordered a new Larue MBT trigger for my Sig MCX Virtus for $87. Found out it doesn’t work in that gun. I had asked if it did and the employee thought it did but we later found out it won’t work. He said they don’t plan on making one work for just one gun either. So probably no MBT for the Sig Virtus ever.

I’m looking for a good trigger for hunting, home defense, and all around shooting.

I don’t want to spend Geissele money but if I have to I will. I know the Sig MCX version went on sale last year, perhaps they will go on sale again. Also not sure if the MCX version will work with the new and upgraded MCX’s.

I know you can get Sig’s Matchlite Duo trigger also. My rifle is a LE version so it doesn’t come with the better Matchlite Duo trigger. A poster suggested getting a hold of Sig for a different block, so I will look into that.

What is the best aftermarket trigger for the Sig MCX Virtus?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a "G" Stamped Firing Pin Latch to run an MBT on a MCX Gen 2. Just as you do with the similar Geissele SSA, or SSA-E.
I don't know if it will work with the Virtus, but its worth a try for the price & essentially the same trigger as an SSA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need a "G" Stamped Firing Pin Latch to run an MBT on a MCX Gen 2. Just as you do with the similar Geissele SSA, or SSA-E.
I don't know if it will work with the Virtus, but its worth a try for the price & essentially the same trigger as an SSA.
View Quote
Thanks.

I ended up getting a Geissele MCX SSA on Labor Day sale, so I'll go with that.

Apparently there are "G" and "S" stamped firing pin latches why the difference and is one better than the other because mine apparently comes standard with the "S"?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks.

I ended up getting a Geissele MCX SSA on Labor Day sale, so I'll go with that.

Apparently there are "G" and "S" stamped firing pin latches why the difference and is one better than the other because mine apparently comes standard with the "S"?
View Quote
It has to do with hammer height and profile. The "G" latch will get disengaged by lower triggers than the "S" latch.

You could also just remove the latch.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It has to do with hammer height and profile. The "G" latch will get disengaged by lower triggers than the "S" latch.

You could also just remove the latch.
View Quote
Was the "S" latch the original and the "G" latch made afterward to workw the lower triggers?

Is one of the latches superior to the other?
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have the MCX specific trigger, it will work with the S latch.

The G latch will be disengaged by aftermarket AR-style triggers. I would say that all of the latches should be G, but what do I know.

Sig used to send you the latch for free, but when I recently called, they wanted $50 for it. I believe it also comes with the firing pin and spring.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you have the MCX specific trigger, it will work with the S latch.

The G latch will be disengaged by aftermarket AR-style triggers. I would say that all of the latches should be G, but what do I know.

Sig used to send you the latch for free, but when I recently called, they wanted $50 for it. I believe it also comes with the firing pin and spring.
View Quote
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the spring different from a normal firing pin spring?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
OK GET THIS" I call Sig CS and ask about upgrading my old MCX as I never sent mine in. They said no problem just send the bolt group. OK I said I have a Wilson TTU installed and it wont work with the new bolt group. OK

He said just take out the safety latch and it will work with any trigger out there!  WTF!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Well yes it would...the safety lever is there to prevent slam fire.

Since the firing pin already has a spring in it (the redesigned BCG setup)...in semi auto...you shouldn't get any slam fires...so yes in theory...you can remove the latch and run whatever trigger you want.

When I had the MCX when they first got released...I never experienced any slam fire...and the early bolts didnt have a safety lever.

I run an ALG ACT in my standard latched lever...
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Since the firing pin already has a spring in it (the redesigned BCG setup)...in semi auto...you shouldn't get any slam fires...so yes in theory...you can remove the latch and run whatever trigger you want.

When I had the MCX when they first got released...I never experienced any slam fire...and the early bolts didnt have a safety lever.

View Quote
How does the ALG work with the S lever?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wasn’t the slam fire thing really only an issue with one or two specific makes of ammunition?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top