6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 6/29/2018 1:57:09 AM EDT
2-3 hundred yards
coyote hunting
I have an ATN Xsight
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 3:12:26 AM EDT
Streamlight super tac ir
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:35:59 AM EDT
I've used Evolva T20's which are cheap Amazon stuff. The tape swiches are breaking. They are now backups.
I've switched to a TNVC Torch with surefire tape switch, works great.
I have a couple Surefire M952V for shorter range work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:43:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2018 10:14:16 AM EDT by rlltd42]
I had the torch and illumination wise it was my favorite but it's big. I've been pleasantly surprised by an armasight one XLR-IR850

If I had to pick it would be one of those. I haven't tried the supertac personally to be fair.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:09:41 PM EDT
I got an extra armasight xlr-850 and can confirm it's bright af
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:57:00 AM EDT
Another vote for the armasight for the money
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:18:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2018 10:19:05 AM EDT by rlltd42]
The armasight illuminator is great, a little red glow but on par with most other illuminators. Their rotating switch adjustable tailcap is interesting depending on what you are using it for. I personally dug around in my box of spare flashlight parts and found a Blackhawk clicky tailcap that fits so now I have a simple on/off setup. I actually ended up selling my torch because the armasight provided almost as much illumination in a much smaller package.

A bit OT but the torch is cool because you can one of their 3x adapters and then, instead of screwing in a 3x magnifier, screw in an IR filter to really cut down on the glow.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:40:26 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gmc454:
Streamlight super tac ir
View Quote
This. I've used a bunch and this one is, by far, the most cost effective LED IR illuminator I am aware of. I have not tried the Armasight but everything I have used from that company felt cheaply built. YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:06:28 PM EDT
I vote TNVC torch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:47:56 PM EDT
Armasight illuminator. I have the streamlight super tac one as well and although it is damn good, is not as bright as the Armasight one. I have used the rotating tailcap in a lot of different situations, mainly using the lowest setting to preserve battery life and increasing the gain on night vision since it's battery life is significantly longer. I also have the doubler and that makes for a badass system for some long range.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 4:15:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gmc454:
Streamlight super tac ir
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 5:37:28 PM EDT
So does anyone have a comparison between the TNVC Torch and the Streamlight tac IR?

I need to be able to pick up eyes at 500yds easily, so the torch and the adjustable beam is very appealing to me, plus the fact that it had high and low beam, and can swap out for higher frequency bulbs. All of that seems very tough to best.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 6:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2018 6:46:13 PM EDT by TNVC]
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:08:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TNVC:
Plus add if we may the fact the Torch can utilize Surefire tailcaps as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
So does anyone have a comparison between the TNVC Torch and the Streamlight tac IR?

I need to be able to pick up eyes at 500yds easily, so the torch and the adjustable beam is very appealing to me, plus the fact that it had high and low beam, and can swap out for higher frequency bulbs. All of that seems very tough to best.
Dang, I'm not seeing any negatives for me, I'll have to get one ordered.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:47:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:28:10 PM EDT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@boxofrox

Email sent.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:11:50 PM EDT

View Quote
I don't have the newer variable power torch but I have spent time with mine and my hunting buddy has the supertac ir. The supertac is a better flashlight with tons of spill and a pretty strong hotspot for range. It will not touch the torch for focusing on something at range. For general use I like the supertac better but there is more visible red glow.

I'll take the armasight over both though. Focuses down tight or extremely wide and blows both out of the water on power and has 3 or 4 settings.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:15:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:35:40 PM EDT
I had the original torch, variable torch, and torch pro in addition to the SuperTac IR (and many others). I have not owned a torch pro mk2. If you will be shooting mostly prone then get something with variable focus, otherwise ground splash can wreck your ability to see anything. I have found the SuperTac IR to be the ideal solution for coverage and range. I liked all of them but sold all but the Streamlight. The fact that it is also silly cheap was just icing on the cake. Streamlight makes good stuff, "no ragerts" here. Surefire for life though on white lights
Top Top