Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2020 6:28:22 PM EDT
Anyone recommend a inexpensive scope for a Henry lever action? My son bought a Henry and I'd like to get a scope for him for his birthday.
I'm considering this Simmons.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, that’s a decent low cost scope IMHO. I usually recommend the Bushnell A17, but that may be overkill on a lever action.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a simmons on a marlin m60.
So far it has held up to being beaten to death strapped to a snogo and in a boat.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I have that exact scope on a Savage .22 bolt. Great scope for the price
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, that's a decent low cost scope IMHO. I usually recommend the Bushnell A17, but that may be overkill on a lever action.
View Quote
Maybe I'll get that one for his girlfriends 10/22. What rings and mount though?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Scope on a lever gun is like pineapple on pizza or fruit in beer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Scope on a lever gun is like pineapple on pizza or fruit in beer.
View Quote

Or to keep beautiful women with horrible eyesight happy.

I got her a vintage Leupold 4x rimfire. Had to go used from the gun show to find a high gloss to match the Golden boy's deep blue. A matte scope would just be wrong.

A leupold 1.5-4 freedom would be fitting for a quick hunting rifle. I'm happy with it on the TCR22. Especially for how light/small the total package is. Light isn't going to happen on a Henry, but at least you can stay small and keep the weight down, if you can live with a matte finish.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of those 22 Mags, IM me if you are interested I'll make you a deal.  

It came on a gun I bought, worked Okay but I much prefer something along the lines of older Leupold M8's like a 4X or a 6X on sporting rimfires.  Which is why said scope is surplus.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Nikon 3x9 with BDC. Don't remember the model. Nikon used good glass
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Burris Full Field II 2x-7x on my both my Henry .22 rimfire rifles. Both scopes have the German #4 reticle.
Gary
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a Burris Full Field II 2x-7x on my both my Henry .22 rimfire rifles. Both scopes have the German #4 reticle.
Gary
View Quote

Came here to suggest a 2-7x variable.  There are lots of choices.  Be sure to get the rimfire version, as centerfire versions will have incorrect parallax setting of 100 yards ir even 150.  Rimfire needs 50 yard parallax settinh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top