Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2018 12:11:42 PM EDT
I'm trying to get a fairly minimalist setup going with a pistol and two ar mags on my pc. I was looking to see what everyone is running for your pistol holsters on the pc.

Thanks for your feedback!

V
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is your IFAK on this rig? And where are you putting mags for your secondary? There are reasons to put a handgun on your chest, vehicle based ops, or wearing armor carriers that don't allow for a proper draw from the belt, but I don't think your setup is one of them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If you really want to mount a pistol to your chest, a solid way to go is a Safariland retention holster with a MOLLE attachment fork.

As mentioned above, unless you're working in super confined quarters, there's a reason why you rarely see anyone running a pistol on their chest these days. Would like to hear more about your minimalist setup...with lo-pro belts available (Ronin Senshi, Tyr Assaulter, etc.), you can have a really slick and scalable setup.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the option to move my Safariland to my chest but its only temporary. Its huge and unwieldy. It belongs on a belt. There is nothing slim, minimalist, or lowprofile about a PC mounted handgun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the option to move my Safariland to my chest but its only temporary. Its huge and unwieldy. It belongs on a belt. There is nothing slim, minimalist, or lowprofile about a PC mounted handgun.
View Quote
This is true, especially with a light bearing retention holster. Bulky as hell. I have used the Safariland MLS forks and the Blackhawk molle panels for Serpa holsters but with lightweight slimmer kydex holsters I have made myself to save weight and bulk. They require a bungee for any real retention though which make access a little more difficult
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top