Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/23/2022 8:28:09 AM EDT
Why did you buy your first bullpup?

After owning one (or more) did it change your thinking about them? Were you initially disappointed or impressed?  

Do you still own them for the same reasons?

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I have three and they've been with me for many years (23+ for the 1st one) There was a 4th, a FS2000 (the tuna) but silly me I sold it.

Always liked them, especially the look of the SA80 and AUG. Growing up as a kid in the 70's the bullpup
was supposed to be the next thing in small arms, and the AUG came out about the same time as the
1st Star Wars movie, so, you know.... lol, the future and Jedi's!!

Still enjoy them, and will add another one day, either a Tavor or a VHS?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I wanted something that could be as small as possible for travel and meet decent ballistics. Tried a tavor sar and that led me to buying a tavor x95. Shot great but I'm so used to the AR platform I didn't want to put in the training required to make this my go-to weapon. Decided to standardize on AR controls, locations, etc. Switched to sig Rattler. Gave up some ballistics and distance BUT it fits unobtrusively into my life.

the tavor still needed an obvious rifle case and weighed more.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve almost always had a bullpup. Wanted the more compact form factor. Aug, STG-E4, RDB, Tavor SAR, M17, and then back to the RDB again.

There was a 1 year time period I stuck with a 10.5” AR SBR, but after a while I started to hate the weight distribution. With optics, light, IR laser, and suppressor it was just so damn front heavy. That’s when I went back to the RDB. It’s a about 5oz heavier than my SBR, but feels much lighter on the shoulder. RDB is also just a bit longer with the suppressor then the naked SBR.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]
3.5 AUGs(waiting on a receiver&barrel) and tow Tavors.

I like short barreled weapons, but not enough to stamp them. Same with pistols: g45, commander, beretta Centurion.

Still got them all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly - I got into them because I love the aesthetics. While I'm primarily a C&R collector, there's just something awesome about SPACE GAT.

That said, I keep them because I find them useful. Getting a full-length barrel in SBR OAL without involving the NFA is remarkably handy, particularly for HD.

ETA: Have a Tavor SAR and a VHS-2 at this point, and want to add an AUG.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Forgot to mention my K&M m17s in 556.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a used AUG A3 in 2010 just to try it out. That was my first bullpup. Years before purchasing I had held one once at a gun show (AUG A1) and it felt ok (but weird), and I had also worked in a shop that got a couple MSARs in (as transfers) so I got to check those out a little better, but I didn't commit because I wasn't sure if the quality matched Steyr's, or if support would last for them, so I passed. I was pleased when I heard Steyr would be offering them in the US again.

The Sabre A3 I got in 2010 was the first AUG I fired. I liked it immediately, and after getting used to its manual of arms I liked it much more.
During the 2013 panic I sold the Sabre A3 but replaced it later with the A3 pictured below. (I also sourced another Sabre A3 barrel after realizing I had given up the superior barrel.)

Later I bought a used F2000 Tactical and I like it too, just not as much as the AUG. I kept it because it's rare, and I know if I sell it I'll never find another one for $1100.

I bought a second Steyr, and it's a USR but I reassembled it with an A3 stock/pack and an old Austrian A2 barrel with tulip and hex nut. It's classic and I really like the old 1.5x integrated optic for daytime shooting. I like how it's lighter than the A3 also, but nighttime use necessitates rails and the additional weight (and battery-powered accessories).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Young guy I used to work with was trying to dump his collection and had a Tavor with Midwest rail and G trigger and I made him a stupid offer. He took it and I became part of the bullpup crowd.

On a side note I missed his HK416 for a ridiculous price just moments before because I was not fast enough on the text.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Long ago I took a three day carbine course with a 20" Hbar.  I was struggling with the front end weight the second day when someone let me shoot their Aug.  The skies cleared and I could hear a choir.  Why would you want to shoot any other type of firearm?  
    I still have AR's because they're fun to build and beat on, but I have a color palate of bullpups to match whatever I'm wearing that day.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Why?
Because I've been loving the Steyr AUG since childhood. It is just a beautiful gun.
My very first airsoft was a Steyr AUG. My current favorite gun is the Steyr AUG.

Do I still own bullpups?
Yes, of course!
Many AUGs and a few more bullpups of different designs.
I like the bullpup design very much and I'd rather take a bullpup over a traditional design.
I do train and shoot drills with my bullpups. No issue, love them.
And yes, I do have a lot of non-bullpup guns as well, I like having them and I enjoy them all.

In the end it is just personal preference. Find what works for you and stick to it, but don't be scared to try something new...
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 12:35:25 AM EDT
[#14]
The AUG’s appearance in the Counter-Strike game was what opened the door.  It was so weird and different.  That would have been ~2000-ish for me, so post-Import Ban and pre-Sunset.  As a broke college student, it was just a cool thing to look at.  There was that old remtek website that had pictures of all the variants that I really liked.

My memory is super fuzzy on the order of things now.  Had to dig through my email history.    Many years later I was a less broke gun nerd.  Sometime in 2006, FN was starting to import the PS90 - another Counter-Strike grail gun for me.  I found a dealer doing preorders and got on his list.  He asked if I wanted one of the FS2000 rifles they were importing as well.  He said I could cancel if I changed my mind, so I said sure.  So that was an expensive year.  

I loved the quirkiness of the FS2000 and how FN approached different design issues in its construction.  It’s been a highly reliable gun over the years, though I confess it hasn’t been out for a while.

A year or so later, Kent/TPD started on their AUG clone, the AXR, same time that MSAR was working on the STG.  At the time, it didn’t look like Steyr was ever coming back; after much deliberation I sent a dude I met on the internet a USPS MO for $1000 to hold my place in line for one of the AXRs.  Risky business but it worked out. My AXR was perfect and scratched that AUG itch.  Kent was a super nice guy too and I enjoyed talking with him over the years.  Not bad for a stuntman.

Anyway, then Steyr came back, and IWI showed up, and we finally get the HS Produkt VHS-2.  Keltec is there too, I suppose.

It comes down to the quirkiness for me.  Most of the time these are pedigreed military rifles that are designed for very particular RFPs.  Each one solves those issues in somewhat unique ways.

I have ARs and AKs and enjoy them too but a lot of the time it’s a Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V operation on designing them.  Bullpups tend to be fairly different and strange.  And I like that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I think my first bullpup was an M17..May have even been before Bushmaster made them. Edindine??? That was a very long time ago. Had 2 over time.

Had a mossberg 12 Guage 8 shot bullpup. Holy shit that thing kicked. Later Had a 6 shot Maverick version.

Had a High Standard model 10A. The one with the detachable Maglite, not the one that was built in.

Had a muzzlelite bullpup kit for the 10/22 and later the mini-30...horrible.

Had a Steyr USR in the ban days.

Had a Microtech MSAR or whatever the letters are.

Had a Keltec RDB.

Had a keltec KSG.

Had a Jard 10/22 bullpup.

Had 2 different PS90s.

Had an X95 .300BLK.

Still have:

X95 5.56, X95 9mm, Tavor 7, Keltec KSG and Tavor TS12.

Thinking I may need a Keltec RDB-S.

For me, I love short rifles and long pistols.

The bullpup gives me the shortest rifle with a 16" barrel. Love the compact-ness.

Die Hard helped my obsession.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:02:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Always wanted them..

Started off with a Muzzlite stock for my Mini 14.. While it was light and had the right form factor...It..kinda sucked in everything else..So I sold the mini 14..

Then I started doing security work..Most of which had me get in an out of vehicles..At that time. There was really only the Augs..and Fs2000..Both were too spendy for me
After handling an Fs2000..I didnt want it..But that gave me the silly Idea about looking for a 308 Bullpup..Right around that time Keltec launched their RFB18.
Which was cool because it took Fal mags and I ended up with a rifle that was SBR sized in 308. My Fav 308 bullpup so far.

Why do I still own them?
Cuz I like Space guns...Ive Shot a Tavor Sar, X95, Ps90 and the original M17s.

Ive added 2 more since (Rdb17 and MDRX) and plan on getting all of them in 308 before moving onto 556 :p

Praying I can afford the Beratta Genesis..
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 2:55:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I’m not a bullpup guy and got my first and only AUG A1 mostly for collection.. like I got my Galil as I’m not an AK guy.

Still have it and really like it.
It’s always nice to have multiple design and be able to test first hand other platforms.

The NATO stock make it even more enjoyable to bring to the range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I just always thought they looked cool but could never afford one.
At least until the RDB came along.
It was great until it accidentally fell into a crusher.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]
For me, I've always liked the look and the logic that went into them...it's probably like when the first ARs came out...it was radically different and yet made perfect sense.  Since then, in addition to a lot of the reasons others have mentioned, I've added one more:  it isn't an AR.  Yes, I like the AR, but right now it's like the class slut who even the last guy in class to get a date has gotten to show her his "O" face; everyone has one.  Bullpups...they're a little more exclusive in part due to the price which keeps people away.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I've looked at them over the years. I first got an interest in them around 2009 or 2010 but only had AR's or AK's.

Not sure what it was, but about a month and a half ago? I got the idea that I wanted a Steyr AUG. I had heard about their reliability and how you can have a rifle with a 16" barrel about the size of a 10.5" AR. Thought it would make a great "trunk" gun and all around handy rifle.

After I dropped my son off down south, I decided to stop into a gun shop that usually has a good selection of firearms. And there it was, a Steyr AUG NATO version. I couldn't believe it.

When Springfield debuted the Hellion, I wasn't sure what to think. Did some more research on it and started to like it more and more. Knowing I probably wouldn't find one, I had my sights set on a Tavor. Right after buying the AUG, I went to another shop when I was down for my sons basketball game. I walked in and there was a Hellion. Seemed like I was having good luck with finding what I wanted. Compared the Tavor and Hellion and went with the Hellion. I haven't shot it yet but its definitely becoming one of my favorite rifles. Think I have it set up just the way I want.

I like them and own them because they seem to be a very reliable platform and I like how compact they are.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the interesting comments guys!

For me, I liked the idea of a longer barrel length in a short SBR like OAL.

My first was a 20" barreled Kel-Tec RDB "Hunter" purchased in spring of 2020, just to dip my toe in the waters without investing too much money. I knew there were ergo and manipulation issues with bullpups, but I wanted to try one out. After playing around with it, I really liked it a lot. So much so that I bought a Kel-Tec RDB Survival due to it being very compact and light weight. Probably the lightest and most compact non-SBR centerfire rifle bullpup on the market.

The next BP I got was a Desert Tech MDRX, purchased last year. I liked the ability to shoot 308 and felt that it had good control ergonomics and well as potential for decent accuracy. I have a little buyers remorse with this one since it had issues right away with the magazine catch and had to go back to the mothership even before I fired it. I kind of wish I would have purchased a Tavor 7 instead, but time will tell. It seems to be G2G now, so maybe I will eventually forget my initial disappointment.

A couple months ago, I got serious and decided to buy something more durable and military proven. After doing some research, the X95 appealed to me. I like the control ergos, and the fact that it has a good aftermarket for accessories.  Finally, just a week ago I got an AUG.

I'm really happy with Bullpups. I like how compact and handy they are. I like the short OAL and rear weight balance with 16+" barrel lengths for added velocity. I look forward to doing more testing and training with them. I'm ready to make both the AUG and X95 my primary HD carbines.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#22]
When I saw an AUG in a gun store (mid 80's)
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
always wanted a AUG just didn't want to spend 3k on a 30+ year old gun.

When they released the 40th anny edition i jumped.

Got everything i wanted in a pre 89 gun.
Same optic but removable
20 inch barrel
New gun cheaper price.

I wanted the 20 inch to make full use of the ballistics

It fast became my favorite rifle.

Was going to buy a new modern  AUG last week but I found a action arms uzi pistol complete for 2k so I bought that instead.
Been looking for the OG pistol for 2+ years but didn't want to spend the 5k asking price.

Oh well start saving again for another AUG.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally my interest in bullpups was due to the compact size with full size ballistics as well as excellent handling. I was especially impressed with the modularity of the stire AUG.

I have owned a few different bullpups including the Mossberg factory bullpup a Norinco 86 a k var aku94 Bushmaster m17 Kel-Tec RFB and multiple ogs and clones.

The one I have always liked best and come back to and the one that I have more than one of now is the AUG.

Several years ago I had a severe LOD injury and almost lost use of my left arm. It is still really jacked up. I got A renewed appreciation for bullpups due to the rearward balance as I have severe difficulty holding the front of a rifle up with my left arm.

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#25]
My first bullpup was an AKU-94 conversion K-Var sold back in the day for an Egyptian Maadi I had. HATED that conversion!  Trigger guard was tiny and the trigger pull was horrible!  Then I became an instructor at the Special Operations school at Hurlburt Field when I was in AFSOC.  We had an actual select fire AUG and I loved doing our shooting demonstrations with both the AUG and my absolute favorite, a Swedish K sub machine gun. Later when I got out and went to work for the railroad, I wanted to get either an AUG or Tagore.  I found the Tavor first bought that. I liked it so much that later I found a 40th anniversary AUG and finally got the AUG I always wanted. Later when I had an ex-fiancé, she was left handed so I bought a Kel-Tec RDB for her to use since it was lefty friendly. Kicked that cheating “individual” to the curb but kept both the RDB and Beretta AR100.  Good deal for me!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Watching Die Hard as a kid got me into the AUG. Always knew I’d own one.

It’s a neat design. My AUGs are not my go-to rifles, but I enjoy shooting them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#27]
While I was never a "bullpup" guy, I do appreciate the reasoning behind them. However, I ALWAYS felt they were overpriced and really didn't fit in to what I thought I needed or wanted.

Even after being able to shoot shoot various bullpups, they just never tickled my fancy for one reason or another.

Then about a year ago, I an absolutely absurd deal came my way on a hardly used X95. (About a third of MSRP of a new one.) I bought it, thinking I would really give it a honest effort to appreciate it, but deep down I figured I would just sell it.

But after a few range trips and finding some after market components to address some of my perceived limitations of the design, I have found I REALLY like it A LOT! And I have NO intentions of ever getting rid of it.

My X95 set up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Compactness

Shot a few and ended up with the x95
Mag compatiblity
Accuracy after the Optimus install is wonderful
Trigger is awesome with Geissele
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:34:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw the AUG in Die Hard
View Quote
^^^
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been intrigued by bullpups ever since seeing my first one (maybe a FAMAS, maybe the AUG in Die hard, who knows).  Once I learned of their existence, they seemed to be the next logical step in firearms design, eliminating any "wasted space".

Always wanted any bullpup used by a military, particularly the FAMAS and SA80 for some reason.  I was hugely underwhelmed by an AUG, the FS2000 was always absurdly expensive (still kicking myself for not buying one), I could never afford the "whole hog" transition to 5.7.  

For whatever reason the Tavor always spoke to me, and when they were introduced onto the US market it was all just a matter of time.  Now I own and love my SAR.

But I kinda want a VHS, as it reminds me of a FAMAS
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I took note when the IDF started using TAR 21 bullpup rifles.   When IWI started importing the Tavor SAR I was really interested in the features.   I got to look at a Couple Tavors in a gun shop and decided I wanted one.  I found one for sale used for a fair price and bought it.   The only real change for me has been a Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack.  I’d like to try a Manticore butt plate but I have never tried one in person.  

I tried the Steyr AUG but the ergos never worked for me whereas the Tavor just fit me better.   I like the short overall length and handling qualities for use in vehicles and cqb.   Here is a picture of my SAR next to my 12” 6.5 Grendel with the brace extended.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Seen an article on the Tavor when it first came out and had to have one. Added a Geissele trigger pack, Lightning Bow and MI handgaurd and I was hooked. I've put a lot of rounds through it and it's never had any issues whatsoever. Out of all my AR/AK style rifles my Tavor is still my favorite. And naturally after being so happy with the Tavor I had to get an RDB when it came out. This is my first post and I haven't quite figured out how to post pics yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Seen an article on the Tavor when it first came out and had to have one. Added a Geissele trigger pack, Lightning Bow and MI handgaurd and I was hooked. I've put a lot of rounds through it and it's never had any issues whatsoever. Out of all my AR/AK style rifles my Tavor is still my favorite. And naturally after being so happy with the Tavor I had to get an RDB when it came out. This is my first post and I haven't quite figured out how to post pics yet.
View Quote

Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#35]
The X95 made bullpups appealing to me. Everything prior had ergonomic shortcomings that I couldn't justify spending the money on. When I bought my first x95, I was thrilled. It pointed and balanced so well. The short length and maneuverability without jumping through any extra laws or pistol braces, and retaining the muzzle velocity was really appealing. I loved that gun, but foolishly sold it when I felt some financial pressure. I bought the latest gen of the X95 recently to replace it and I'm still in love with it. Some manticore parts and it's even better than before.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Harley Davidson & the Marlboro man.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#37]
The suppressor bug is why I recently got my Tavor 7. Carrying a suppressed AR-10 through the woods is cumbersome. The T7 weighs more than most Ar-10's but the short length and rearward weight distribution make it easier to carry and handle while running a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#38]
RDB17 in OD Green. Just got my handguard and bolt release from Lucky Irishman Tactical yesterday. Much better than factoryhandguard.

Attachment Attached File

Have a Nomad 30 Ti in jail since June for it.

Eta..and yes I paid more for the can than the rifle. Think I paid $699 at PSA for the RDB. Softest shooting recoil rifle I own in 5.56 with that long stroke gas piston system. Very accurate too.

ETA..change pic with a erased serial number
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Was a kid when the Aug A1 was banned from import, tried to convince my dad to buy one but no go...

Had a Muzzlite kit for a Mini14 at one point...not good- sold it.  

Shot the FS2000...unimpressed.  
Shot a F/A AUG...burned my hand.  Trigger was interesting...
Shot the Tavor.  Was OK.  

Finally bought an A3 AUG.  basically it was everything I was hoping it would be.  Probably will add a second at some point.  Still burned my hand at least once...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:50:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I remember vividly when I got the bullpup bug. Was in a Gun Shop in CA, that also did Class 3 stuff for LEOs / had just a cool collection of guns to lure customers in.

On the wall was a 20" AUG A1 with optic. I asked to see it - just for cool factor, not expecting much - and it was like a revelation. The balance...it was unreal, perfectly neutral weight distribution. Had to have one.

When I moved to a free state, the AUG was my first purchase, and its by far my favorite rifle design. And every time I pick it up I'm a bit amazed by how short and well balanced it is; also amazed, having been in CA so long, that I could own such a gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I had the Muzzlelite 10/22 kit

I wish I could get a L85

I got the 870 bullpup and Steyr AUG.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why did you buy your first bullpup?
View Quote

MSAR STG556 because I always wanted an AUG. Thanks Die Hard!

Quoted:
After owning one (or more) did it change your thinking about them? Were you initially disappointed or impressed?
View Quote

For me it proved the concept. I immediately became a fan of them and continued to be impressed generally speaking. The only one that really disappointed me was the PS90, it is kind of boring.

Quoted:
Do you still own them for the same reasons?
View Quote

I still believe in the concept but the AR15 is superior. I wouldn't feel outgunned at all with any of my bullpups, especially the X95 and the AUG. I still love the FS2000, though it is awkward and a failure. I still own them because they are so different, so unusual, they typically are well made and shoot like it, and lastly they are good investments. Look at the prices nowadays for AUGs and FS2000s, is there any semi-auto that sells for more than the uber rare FAMAS?

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Still one on yes. X95

First one that I shot was a Microtech Arms Aug Clone.

There was one, Microtech, for sale but if I get an AUG it will be the real thing. But I can't decide on the NATO or AUG style magazines
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The suppressor bug is why I recently got my Tavor 7. Carrying a suppressed AR-10 through the woods is cumbersome. The T7 weighs more than most Ar-10's but the short length and rearward weight distribution make it easier to carry and handle while running a suppressor.
View Quote
Suppressors are what got me into bullpups as well. The extra length and extra weight on the end of the barrel is a lot less noticeable on a bullpup than it is on a carbine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought the tavor SAR when they 1st came out and absolutely loved it.  The ergonomics were odd at first and it was a little bit difficult to learn to run a new gun. But afterward, it's almost 2nd nature to any AR I own.   I sold it to keep a roof over my family's head but recently picked this up...

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ve always had a love affair with compact personal defense weapons. I carry micro [9mm or 45acp] pistols and all my rifles have collapsible or foldable stocks.  

My MSAR is an incredible addition to my armory and it’s in a league of its own!

Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Die Hard, and "yes," I still own it having bought one two years ago.  Considering Paco at FALFiles did a couple comparisons of all his unneutered bullpups and the AUG came out pretty much on top over the FAMAS and L85A1 (a total POS that broke plastic furniture just in range use), I really didn't have much desire to try anything else anyhow and he didn't care for Tavors enough to own any despite shooting them for work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I read an article on the TAR-21 in a gun magazine in 1998 or 1999.  I told myself if they ever imported a verison of it I'd buy one.  I got one of the first 10,000 imported based on serial number and after owning it, I knew I needed more.  Picked up a few AUGs in 2017 or so, but had to sell them off during Covid for cash.  Lost a lot of money on them, but kept all my mags.  Just ordered a replacement standard magazine AUG.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#50]
I was always attracted to the aesthetics of them.  Die Hard and La Femme Nikita (the  French version) didn't hurt either.  Once I bought an AUG a few years ago I found out that it suited my short stature and arms very well.  I haven't got to shoot it much but I really like it.  I also picked up a Tavor and it fits me pretty good too.  The fact that they are something "different" is also fun.  When I have friends over to shoot they get a lot of attention.  If I had to thin the heard down I would make sure that I kept one of them although I'm pretty sure my son is going to "borrow" the Tavor one day and that will be the last I see of it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top