Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2020 2:32:42 PM EDT
I saw a sling type case for these AOW that I think would work good for transporting but curious what you all use
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Crusader Gear case designed for takedown AR 15's. Works great for a Tac 14 or 13. Pouch that will hold a few extra shells plus has backpack straps. Expensive but good quality..
https://www.crusadergearllc.com/ar-15-take-down-bag/
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
A umbrella bag; in the door of my 3500 dually

Keeps the moisture off the gun when I open the door and when caring between truck and house. It can also be engaged and fired while in the bag. Cheap too!

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I use the exact same case for my Shockwave. It works pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I was gifted the DeSantis scabbard for mine.  The shoulder strap is a little dinky and you have to remove the front sling plate on the TAC-14 for it to fit, but other than that it's a pretty neat way to carry my 14 around.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I already had two TAC-14s (one for each end of the house) but when they came out with the hard wood (in deed) version, I had to get one.

I still feel compelled to cover the grip with tape a la The Book of Eli.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/18716/86E890F2-45DF-49A1-AE17-06AD1B3FAE5E-1358520.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I already had two TAC-14s (one for each end of the house) but when they came out with the hard wood (in deed) version, I had to get one.

I still feel compelled to cover the grip with tape a la The Book of Eli.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/18716/86E890F2-45DF-49A1-AE17-06AD1B3FAE5E-1358520.jpg

Attachment Attached File

Raquetball tape for the win!
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#9]
A cheep Coleman can cooler to not raise a eye while going thru gate at work, or people going to there vehicle...
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Voodoo tactical scabbard. Works great and also hangs over the post on my bed headboard.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
VooDoo Tactical makes a breacher scabbard which will work with the Shockwave/TAC-14, but reviews say it is a little too short to be 100% secure.
View Quote

I have one and it doesn’t work very well. With the weight or the gun it tries to turn upside down.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Voodoo Tactial scabbard with a 25 round molle attached round holder

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Big Red Rocket- does that scabbard cover the trigger guard? I am now interested in that one for travel bag.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a 249 SAW barrel bag
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really like that; going to get me one.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Big Red Rocket- does that scabbard cover the trigger guard? I am now interested in that one for travel bag.
View Quote

NO, it does NOT cover the trigger guard completely.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Small violin case.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Where did you get that?
View All Quotes

Look on Ebay for soprano saxophone case.   I've got the same one!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#22]
A ukulele bag is another option.  Can find them on Amazon for pretty cheap with nice Hawaiian patterns.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought my clarinet case from Amazon. Cost is $18.99

Andoer 1680D Clarinet Bag Case
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

$20
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The DeSantis scabbard is very cool.

I’ve been thinking of a shock wave or Tac-14 for some time.

But mostly I’ve been trying to figure out what I would actually do with one after I played in the woods with one.

This scabbard got me thinking of sending it out for choke tubes and using it for shooting turkeys.

Not having a long and bulky shotgun in your hands while running and gunning for turkeys would be cool. You might have to shoot off sticks to ensure accuracy and hit the bird in head. You shoot while sitting so they could be short sticks and easy to carry.

I don’t think anyone would want to shoot 31/2” mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was gifted the DeSantis scabbard for mine.  The shoulder strap is a little dinky and you have to remove the front sling plate on the TAC-14 for it to fit, but other than that it's a pretty neat way to carry my 14 around.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-r31ah3s0ci/images/stencil/1024x1024/products/472/1165/A88-Kurz_Case-OnBody-Across__79312.1547439573.jpg?c=2

But mostly I’ve been trying to figure out what I would actually do with one after I played in the woods with one.

This scabbard got me thinking of sending it out for choke tubes and using it for shooting turkeys.

Not having a long and bulky shotgun in your hands while running and gunning for turkeys would be cool. You might have to shoot off sticks to ensure accuracy and hit the bird in head. You shoot while sitting so they could be short sticks and easy to carry.

Ive hunted turkeys in a bunch of states. They've all been explicit in that you are not to stalk, track, or chase turkeys in the spring.

But regardless. I hunt with mine. I didn't get any deer or bears but i did get pheasants, squirrels, rabbits etc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Ive hunted turkeys in a bunch of states. They've all been explicit in that you are not to stalk, track, or chase turkeys in the spring.

View Quote

Illinois and Missouri do not have any rules like that
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Huh, thought illinois did. Ive only hunted ct and ri the last 10 years and they do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Running and gunning for turkeys has nothing to do with what you describe.

It involves setting up and calling waiting to see if you get any gobbles and moving on if it’s quiet. I’ve been hunting turkeys for damn near 40 years and running and gunning is the predominant method of hunting turkeys in the north east.

Sitting in a blind for hours works on farms and TV. But when you hunt in the woods you have to be nimble. But in the end you still have to call the bird to you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-r31ah3s0ci/images/stencil/1024x1024/products/472/1165/A88-Kurz_Case-OnBody-Across__79312.1547439573.jpg?c=2

But regardless. I hunt with mine. I didn't get any deer or bears but i did get pheasants, squirrels, rabbits etc.

Running and gunning for turkeys has nothing to do with what you describe.

It involves setting up and calling waiting to see if you get any gobbles and moving on if it’s quiet. I’ve been hunting turkeys for damn near 40 years and running and gunning is the predominant method of hunting turkeys in the north east.

Sitting in a blind for hours works on farms and TV. But when you hunt in the woods you have to be nimble. But in the end you still have to call the bird to you.  

Thats how i hunt, i just wouldn't use "running and gunning" to describe it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#33]
well I'll try another photo
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't have one of these, but I've been looking for a way to back pack a Tac 14 or SBS and found this from Beez Combat Systems in Utah. Short Barrel Scabbard  This is a back back style scabbard with two shoulder straps, a chest strap, and waist strap to keep the scabbard centered and keep it from bouncing around when hiking, etc.  It's not inexpensive, but looks a hell of a lot better than the cheap Amazon scabbards (I have one and it's a POS).  They also have a longer version for shotguns with longer barrels.   There is a review of the short barrel scabbard here.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't have one of these, but I've been looking for a way to back pack a Tac 14 or SBS and found this from Beez Combat Systems in Utah. Short Barrel Scabbard  This is a back back style scabbard with two shoulder straps, a chest strap, and waist strap to keep the scabbard centered and keep it from bouncing around when hiking, etc.  It's not inexpensive, but looks a hell of a lot better than the cheap Amazon scabbards (I have one and it's a POS).  They also have a longer version for shotguns with longer barrels.   There is a review of the short barrel scabbard here.  
View Quote

That looks kinda promising. I may have to try one
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered one today.  They make them when ordered so it will take a few weeks, but I will report back once I get it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I use a pool cue case for one and a 6 can tube cooler for another. Very stealthy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A umbrella bag; in the door of my 3500 dually

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xlFLeR6PkztG92i0YgMvgATjrlHMhqUCyhzlqbFKGzsE1C00dOAceyhefh-XGzzXSJf5bUu5ENxb_ZOivXgX7tBwTXBenqcpB97f-qIDiYzjuOq5fAcFKyXs0fR61jXGnPOwJqEuxQ=w2400

Keeps the moisture off the gun when I open the door and when caring between truck and house. It can also be engaged and fired while in the bag. Cheap too!

Regards

Rod
View Quote
Does that trap moisture/condensation in the bag? Seems like a good way to get rust going.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

$20
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

$20

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#42]
What is the OAL of a Tac14 with an SB Tactical BSA3 brace?  I am still waiting on my Tac14 to arrive, but I have the Mesa adapter and have the SBA set to it's shortest possible configuration to comply with LOP rulings of braces.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sixnine:
Does that trap moisture/condensation in the bag? Seems like a good way to get rust going.
View Quote

No more than if you leave it in a case or scabbard all the time. It comes out of the bag nearly every night. I slip it in the bag every morning before work and place it in the door on the drivers side. It conceals the profile when the door is open; no one even notices when they glance my direction while at the gas station, grocery store etc. The best thing about the bag, when seconds count,  I don't have to fight a carry case or scabbard to engage the firearm. The bag is fragile and the slide , safety and trigger can be operated through the bag. After the first or second shot, tear the bag away and you are gtg. It's replaceable and it offers protection from the elements when I open the door. Like any firearm, clean and oil regularly. Win, win on all fronts.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I bought a Wilson tennis racket case at Walmart. Pretty cool for $10. Carries my @12” 870 AOW right nice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
I use the exact same case for my Shockwave. It works pretty good.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
I use the exact same case for my Shockwave. It works pretty good.

I use a different clarinet case but very similar design.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks Yamadog35 for the link. Just ordered the Grid. A little more useful than my Crusader Gear scabbard but I like the Crusader. One for my Tac 14 and the new one for my Tac 13 with lase-light  The Desantis scabbard looks nice and I have some of their products but I find some of their leather products are too tight? Don't think a Tac with any accessories would fit??
https://beezcombatsystems.com/Short-Barrel-Scabbard-BCS-SBS-1000.htm
https://www.crusadergearllc.com/ar-15-take-down-bag/
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I carry my Shockwave in one of these Charlie Delta scabbards. Nice construction and covers the trigger assembly.  https://www.wantitall.co.za/charlie-delta-tactical-shockwave-scabbard-olive-drab__b07bgvgmg6
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top