Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2020 12:30:28 PM EDT
Waited an hour, got a further review with transaction number provided, then waited another hour for nics examiner and call got disconnected before a response was given.  First time this has happened what are you supposed to do? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Waited an hour, got a further review with transaction number provided, then waited another hour for nics examiner and call got disconnected before a response was given.  First time this has happened what are you supposed to do? Thanks for any help.
View Quote
What do you think you do? What are you going to write in 19.c?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Well obviously not proceed.  Possibly canceled or delayed.  Researching on atf and fbi/nics website right now cant find any clear instructions other then "do not create a new transaction number or void it"
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Two options:

1. Call back, tell the CSR that you were disconnected before a status was given.
The CSR will connect you with a NICS Examiner. Cross your fingers.
2. Cancel that transaction. start a new transaction and use FBI NICS E-check to run your background check.

If you are in a state that uses a state point of contact and not the FBI NICS....your on your own.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well obviously not proceed.  Possibly canceled or delayed.  Researching on atf and fbi/nics website right now cant find any clear instructions other then "do not create a new transaction number or void it"
Thanks for your help.
View Quote
You can cancel a transaction at any time for any reason.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Two options:

1. Call back, tell the CSR that you were disconnected before a status was given.
The CSR will connect you with a NICS Examiner. Cross your fingers.
2. Cancel that transaction. start a new transaction and use FBI NICS E-check to run your background check.

If you are in a state that uses a state point of contact and not the FBI NICS....your on your own.
View Quote
Is checking "delayed" an option?? We already submitted the "Receiving a Status on a Disconnected Call" form on the fbi website https://forms.fbi.gov/assistance-with-nics-processing-issues
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is checking "delayed" an option?? We already submitted the "Receiving a Status on a Disconnected Call" form on the fbi website https://forms.fbi.gov/assistance-with-nics-processing-issues
View Quote

Were you delayed? No....so don't check it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that the response NICS provided?

19.c. The response initially (first) provided by NICS or the appropriate State agency was:
Proceed
Denied
Cancelled
Delayed

It is frightening what your books/4473 might look like if you cannot figure this out. I suggest you call one of those services that come out and perform a self-audit for you before your next inspection comes. You can thank me later.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is that the response NICS provided?

19.c. The response initially (first) provided by NICS or the appropriate State agency was:
Proceed
Denied
Cancelled
Delayed

It is frightening what your books/4473 might look like if you cannot figure this out. I suggest you call one of those services that come out and perform a self-audit for you before your next inspection comes. You can thank me later.
View Quote

No, No initial response was given.  Because as I said above I was disconnected when transferred for further review.   Just had a audit from atf last December, said best books and one of the quickest hes had.  (not sure why i'm wasting energy to even address this)  Stop being such a dick, genuinely looking for advice have never had this happen.  Was finally able to contact help desk and once I was able to unlock e-checks and sign in I was able to see it was in a "delayed" state.  Blows my mind how you want me to assume this is what happens when you get transferred to further review and get disconnected.  Noted, Im stupid for not knowing this is the default status for when getting disconnected on a further review.   According to the most recent publications and per ATF you are supposed to fill the  "Receiving a Status on a Disconnected Call" form here - https://forms.fbi.gov/assistance-with-nics-processing-issues.  It is frightening what your books/4473 might look like if you did not know that.   Thank you to all who actually answered and tried to genuinely help because it did.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Were you delayed? No....so don't check it.
View Quote

No, No response was given since it was disconnected.  A Transaction number had been given and was a further review.  Was Disconnected while waiting for further review.  Got it all figured out now.  And yes annotating this as a "delayed" is the correct thing to do.  So those who cancel or resubmit are apparently delaying the process more.  Who knows.  But here is the link -

Once the FFL receives an NTN, the transaction •will be processed. In the event you are disconnected during the transfer or must hang up—IF you have already been provided an NTN—please do not void or call in a new transaction as this causes duplicate work. These transactions will automatically be sent to the NICS delay queue to be processed. In the event this does happen, mark the Form 4473 “delayed.” Then the transfer date can be established by going to the NICS FFL Web site at www.fbi.gov/ nics-ffl and choosing “A NICS Delay” under “NICS Information.”
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top