Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2022 3:34:58 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

The top one is 5 by 8. The bottom one is 8 by 10.
The label says, "Bullet stopper plate" on the top line and "www.sleg.net" on the bottom.

I think they are either 3A or some sort of STP.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The wayback machine and their website only says
"Insert this 5" x 8" 12 oz. Bullet Stopper Plate into your vest for increased threat level protection"
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like Aramaic hieroglyphs. I would start at a local community college anthropology science dept. They might be able to help.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely give em a try!  
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Stops most pellet rifles and other stuff. Seriously give them to a buddy and say I bet you…
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Also, it appears ancient in this instance dates back to around 2004 or so.

It looks like a plate used to increase the threat protection of a vest. There are many such things still being made today. For example, the Protech IMPAC.

These plates basically increases the threat protection of your vest in the area chosen. 5x7, 5x8, 7x9, etc., They add weight, thick, bulkiness, etc., but do provide more protection. My understanding is that some cops who may not have/want to carry full plate carriers can carry a plate like this that they can easily slide into place when they can anticipate needing the additional protection (serving a higher risk arrest warrant, etc.)

The one linked adds protection against higher end pistol threats, but rifle rated plates like this also exist that can be slid into a kevlar vest insert.

Hard to say what protection the one you showed provides.

Personally, I wouldn't trust them for anything (for myself or family) given their age and what little we know about the manufacturer, or even what they claim it provides. If it were me, I'd probably throw in the doomsday vault. If you ever decide to help a neighbor they can ducktape them to their chests for some makeshift armor. It's probably better than the ceramic tile options I've seen
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies.   My Google fu is weak. I couldn't find anything. I bought them for a song and despite the wear marks,  they feel sound.   When you tap them together they sound like ceramic rifle plates. Obviously they are not. I think the doomsday locker is probably a good idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top