Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2021 7:36:56 PM EDT
Building a 11.5" barrel AR & not sure what buffer & spring to go with in your standard adj 6 pos buffer tube.

Also, plan to build a 7.5" barrel AR as well. Anyone have suggestions on what to go with there?
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If you already have a standard carbine buffer tube run a H2 buffer and a sprinco spring. sprinco has a guide on choosing.

https://www.sprinco.com/ar-buffer.html

I ran an H2 and a white Sprinco in my 10.5 carbine before I changed over to Vltor parts.

go with Vltor if you don't yet have a buffer tube. Sprinco green rifle length spring and H2 Vltor buffer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I run an H3 with a standard spring. Ballistic Advantage 11.5" gov profile barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a red Sprinco with a H2 in a 4.5" and 6.5" 556 and both run great with that combo.  I think having barrel/gas-block from the same mfg that are meant to be run together makes a big difference.  I've run both of these uppers with std spring and buffer, and all kinds of combinations of weights (spring and buffer) and they have always run fine.  I just like the recoil impulse and the ejection pattern with the heavier weights better.

ymmv

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The standard milspec spring BCM sells, all mine run the same with an H / H2 / H3 buffer… but I haven’t fucked with the gas at all.

Gassy? Definitely. Reliable? Completely.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I run a Sprinco Blue and an H2 in my Colt 6933
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run a Sprinco Blue and an H2 in my Colt 6933
View Quote

I too am a fan of the SpringCo Blue and H2 buffer setup.  I also use SpringCo Red and White with Carbine, H, and H1 buffers depending on how gassy the rifle is.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
u run an h3 with a chrome silicon spring from damage industries
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 2:31:44 AM EDT
[#8]
H2 and Sprinco White.  Tamed my seriously overgassed 10.5 down nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top