Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2020 3:26:31 PM EDT
What are your favorite knives?  

Please include WHAT PURPOSE the knife serves (for example: EDC in my pocket).

Some of my favorites include ...

Swamp Rat RMD ... battle belt
Scrap Yard 711 ... survival knife
Busse Active Duty Battle Grade ... fixed blade / belt carried EDC
Spyderco Para 2 ... EDC pocket carry

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Switchblades.
To look at.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Switchblades.
To look at.
View Quote

Fairbairn Sykes judging by numbers.
Looking for the best/decent one.

On the other hand I do have more Bowie (clip point bladed) styles than daggers if we're speaking more generically.
If my gun wasn't around I'd grab almost any of the Bowie type knives I have before I'd select the best FS I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Microtech combat troodon for edc
Mora bushcraft for general homeowner fuckery
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Puma White Hunter. it does everything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
My dad’s Randall #1 that I had made for him, a signed Pat Crawford titanium Combat Tanto and my SwissChamp, which I EDC.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a knife-amateur…I have an ESEE-3HM that's my only "real" knife, and I use it for everything and love it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Randall
Benchmade Infidel
Extrema Ratio

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Randall 1-7
Bark River knives
Spyderco
Although I did just order a TK Steingass Presentation Grade Panhandle Fighter, which is a Loveless homage knife. Kind of an early birthday present to myself. I can't wait to get it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
EDC

Getting fancy

Last one that will ever go
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, where to start.

My very first “tactical” folder was the Benchmade-Emerson CQC-7 collaboration that I purchased in when I first got to Fort Bragg, NC around 1994; still have, but it was eventually replaced by an Emerson CQC-8, which has been one of my favorite duty folders.

For some reason, with close to a 100 folders to choose from for EDC, the Benchmade Arcane assisted flipper.  I just like the size for office-EDC and the blade profile has been just about perfect.  Good little knife (bought before the Benchmade idiocy exposure).

At times I’ll carry a second folder for weak-hand use and for some reason my MT Ultratech continues to end up in my pocket; one of the best OTFs on the market.

The folder I’ve been using the heck out of recently around the house is the CRKT Slacker, a Wharncliffe designed knife with their “field strip” design.  I’ve been doing a ton of landscaping stuff, and it’s been excellent and easy to sharpen.  I’m “meh” on the field strip design, but it did come in handy when it was covered in sand and I needed to clean it out.

Before I retired, I carried a Mad Dog Pygmy ATAK daily as part of my EDC when in uniform.  I carried it for over 10 years.

When I was a contractor, I needed something a little more svelte as a fixed blade, and I found the TOPS CUT 4.0, carried horizontally, was an excellent design.  My alternative was an ESEE 3 with a Armatus horizontal sheath.  

As a strictly self-defensive knife, the one that will routinely find space on my battle belt is the Colonel by Colonel knives.  A simple, but effective and easy to use punch-knife design.

At home and when in civilian clothes, if I feel the need to carry a small fixed blade, I often grab my Spydeco Perrin Street Beat.

Two of my favorite small fixed blades have been Fallkniven’s WM-1, often carried in a figure-8 should harness (ala MercHarness); the other is my Mora #2/0 which is my chosen backpacking companion for longer backpacking trips.

For basic outdoors use, I simply love Martin Knives.  I have a few but the one I’ve used the most is his Bushcraft-Tactical fixed blade.

When I get serious about bushcraft, I actually fall back on the Habilus Bush Tool, but a close second would be my Skookum Bush Tool from Rod Garcia; both are excellent tools where the Skookum is more wood-centric and the Habilus is an odd, but very versatile tool.

I also have a bunch of large knives and machetes, but the one that really gets used routinely around the house clearing brambles and thorns by the lake or cutting down grape vines and kudzu is the Condor Knife and Tool Swamp Master Machete.

If I actually choose a large knife for the back country, I often will choose my TOPS-made Hoodlum II knife (later made by Buck).  It’s not a heavy duty chopper, but still effective for what I need a longer blade for and it’s one of the lighter options if I’m really planning to hike in a distance to a more remote area.

Oh, for multitools, my main go-to is the Victorinox Spirit-X and a close second (and often paired with) is the Leatherman Crunch.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow. Nice knives.  Apparently I’m way behind the times.  I like my Case and Swiss Army slip joint pocket knives.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Esse 6 - survival/camping
Entrek javelina - hiking/belt
Crkt pilar large - edc
Crkt m16-14t - edc when I need a little bit more than the pilar
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Tag.

my current edc is a Kershaw launch 5 that I currently can't find
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#14]
zt450cf is summer edc

zt452cf is winter edc

Artisan Shark in the center console (its super stabby ??)

sanrenmu folders in all of my tackle boxes plus a filet knife or 2

Gryphon M10 is my only fixed blade right now and its a great LBE or Ruck knife

Might have a Kukri or 2 in the camper

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Delica, EDC.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#16]
At least 150 pounds of knives on hand.

EDC at 9 o'clock open carried recently have included the Becker 18, Spyderco  Pygmy Warrior, ESEE 4, CRKT C/K Dragon, and the original USA made Cold Steel Recon Tanto.  Pretty much anything around 5 inches of blade that I can wear with the handle high on the belt so while sitting/driving it's not digging into the seat.  My backpack for traveling wears a SOG Tsunami with a Leatherman Sidekick multitool in the pouch.

Paladin
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Half Face Blades Crow Scout. Field/Hunting
Chris Reeve Neil Roberts Warrior. Collector/Safe Queen
Microtech Scarab OTF. EDC
Hinderer folders. EDC
Benchmade. EDC
Mora Kniv. Field/Hunting
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Cold Steel gen1 large clip point Voyagers with the steel clip.  i have three of them (2 in VG1) & am always looking for another.
they are light, slim, fit my hand & sharp as snot. I like every thing about them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a knife-amateur…I have an ESEE-3HM that's my only "real" knife, and I use it for everything and love it.
View Quote

And an excellent knife.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#20]
My favorite's don't necessarily have a purpose or a role to play, other than making me happy while sitting around a fire smoking my pipe. I'll make the odd fire or make a featherstick.
Favorites  (a lot different than what I carry and use most)
1)  Fiddleback Forge Hunter
2) LT Wright Genesis
3) Fiddleback Forge bushfinger

EDC
1)Spyderco Manix 2 XL  
2) ESEE CR 2.5
3) ESEE 3HM (I only sometimes have this one nearby at work)
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Chris Reeve
Opinel
Victorinox
Buck
Ontario Knife Co.
Bud Neely
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Camp/ survival.    Essee 6
Battle belt.            Essee 4
Chest rig.              Essee 4
EDC.                    Emerson CQC7
Multi tool.              Leather man Mutt
Short list.               Emerson Skinner and Appalachian
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#24]
My pocket knives have been the old (real) Schrade stainless steel knives for almost 40 years.  I'd lose them crawling around in the brush/tall grass sneaking up on ground hogs or working on a car/truck in the yard.  I'd buy another one and maybe lose it.  Then they started making those knives that clipped to a key ring and I got one of those and never lost another knife.  I'd hear the keys fall out where I couldn't hear a knife fall in the grass.

For belt carry it was always a Schrade LB7.  Easy/quick to put a shaving sharp edge on it and the edge lasted way better/longer than some other popular brands.

Now they're gone, but I got a box of the pocket knives from Tennessee Knife Works before they were all gone.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Benchmade Mini griptilian
Benchmade Griptilian
Spyderco Caly3
Spyderco Sage 2
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#26]
EDC pocket:
Spyderco Delica, Endura, Para3 lightweight, Tasman salt.
Emerson Persian, Kwaiken.
CRJB Gobi
Cold Steel mini tuff lite, gunsite voyager
CRKT James Williams folders (all of them)

Camp kitchen and fire prep:
Becker BK-16

Kitchen duty:
Victorinox and Spyderco.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#27]
For EDC- Whatever semi-serrated assisted Kershaw is on closeout. Currently a Burst.

On the gear belt- Polish wz.92.

On the bug-out/in bag- Gerber Strongarm, semi-serrated.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Kershaw auto assist opening, non serrated.

They're not fancy, but I don't  cry when I lose one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What are your favorite knives?  

Please include WHAT PURPOSE the knife serves (for example: EDC in my pocket).

Some of my favorites include ...

Spyderco Para 2 ... EDC pocket carry

View Quote

That is/was my EDC also.  Had one for years and a few weeks ago left it at a rest stop in ND.  I was an hour down the road before I realized it.  My only hope is that someone that appreciates knives picks it up and uses it and appreciates as much as I did.  I have a new one on order and should be here soon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I carried this today... So I guess it's my favorite today. Tomorrow I'm sure it'll be something different.

" />
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top