Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2020 12:40:20 AM EDT
At some point back in the magical and maskless land of 2019, @Mageever mentioned the Wolfman was quieter than a Nomad on a 300 black. I set my pennies aside for awhile and ordered one back in March, and was lucky enough to pick it up today from my SOT.

Any thoughts on long vs short?

Where should my expectations be set? For comparable cans I’ve got an S, L, Rex 358, and now the new toy. Of the three the L and 358 seem to do the best with subs so far to my ear.

Anything else worth noting?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You reload? Find a load that cycles with h110 or VV N110. Makes all the difference in the world.

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You reload? Find a load that cycles with h110 or VV N110. Makes all the difference in the world.

View Quote

No reloading here...I’d like to start if the BS ever ends. I have shot S&B and Hornady subs through this gun, at this point I’d shoot pretty much any sub through it
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
ive ran the wolfman with a 3 lug in the long configuration on my 300 blk (fiocchi 200g subs) and my 9mm radial delay blowback upper (147g lawman) back to back and they are so close in sound its hard to tell if one is quieter than the other. i just ran the same 300 blk with the nomad side by side against the 9mm with the wolfman and the nomad sounded quieter. not scientific, but at least at the shooters ear, the nomad seems better. the wolfman is noticeably quieter in the long vs. short configuration. wipes seem less effective than a little ultrasound gel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top