Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2020 9:50:30 AM EDT
After doing some research on the straight blow black systems, I've learned that a 5.5 oz buffer is one of the best reliable systems you can run on a AR9. I have a Blitzkrieg Components / CTS 9mm AR-15 AKTIVE Buffer that is 5.5 oz on one of my 9's and a 8oz SS buffer on another, and have battery issues with the 8oz same BCG on booth. I have some more range testing to do but if 124 grain keeps failing I will try a spare H3 that I have with two dollars in quarters, until I can get my hands on a hydrolic buffer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
H buffers came around to address cycling issues in carbines. Colt used a heavier buffer to improve reliability.
Different calibers and gas systems required different buffers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt started having bolt bounce issue on full auto with the socom profile barrels.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two 9mm blow back PCC's one is a QC10 glock and the other is Colt style CMMG MK9....both are running perfect with 5.5 RRA buffers and standard CAR springs...……….that said, I should only 115 ball most of the time, some 124 but with no issues as well...…….That QC10 is the most reliable firearm I believe Ive ever owned. never a hiccup of any kind...…..thousands of rounds down range in the last three years...…...the LRBHO sucks and I removed it awhile back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top