Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2018 10:35:10 PM EDT
Prices seem to be all over the map on Gunbroker and other sites:  anywhere from $1100 to $2500 for what look like guns in similar condition.  I have a Tula 1941 and trying to figure out how much to insure it for...
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Re-fiurbed or original? Matching numbers?

Re-furbs seem to be going $1200 to $1500...

Un re-furbed original, likely $1800 and up...
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
$1200-1400 seems to be about where they have been hovering around here.
That said they are like a lot of rifles where their prices are all over the place depending on the arsenal, year, refurbishment, import marked.
If I recall Tula 41 is the most common so I would guess it would be in the lower end of the prices.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Original, matching, in pretty good shape except for the bolt which appears to be "in the white".  Small import mark on the underside of the barrel.  Thanks, looks like this was a decent investment.  Had no idea they were actually going for that much now--I thought the ones I saw were just massively overpriced.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
They were one of the rifles caught up in the "Sporting Rifle" Import laws. Seeing as they are a "military rifle" they haven't been imported since the 90s so they just keep going up.
Too bad too, it seem like new ones show up in Canada about every time we get a new import of mosins, and theirs were only 600-900 last I knew.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I gave $650.00 for this refurbed '41 Tula a bit better than two years ago. The refurbs were fetching (going by completed auctions on GB) at least $1100 back then.

LOL.....I had a extra Soviet mag for some years I picked-up at a pawn shop before I had a rifle for it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gave $650.00 for this refurbed '41 Tula a bit better than two years ago. The refurbs were fetching (going by completed auctions on GB) at least $1100 back then.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/1j1zdi.jpg

LOL.....I had a extra Soviet mag for some years I picked-up at a pawn shop before I had a rifle for it.
View Quote
Nice score!  Man, you always find awesome deals!  Mags used to be 100 bucks a couple of years ago--man it looks like they are close to double that now.

ETA:  I love shooting mine--it is a blast.  I still have some Czech silvertip from when I bought it and that stuff is great!  It's one of the few rifles that I'll never sell, simply because it is just fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: Too bad too, it seem like new ones show up in Canada about every time we get a new import of mosins, and theirs were only 600-900 last I knew.
View Quote
We haven't seen any significant importation of SVTs for a few years -- importers tell me that it's increasingly complicated, expensive or both to import out of the former Eastern Bloc.

That's why SVTs have doubled (or more) in price in just three or so years up here...when you can find them. All I know is you'll take mine from my cold, dead hands.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Re-fiurbed or original? Matching numbers?

Re-furbs seem to be going $1200 to $1500...

Un re-furbed original, likely $1800 and up...
View Quote
accurate for Central Va as well,

I've sold several over the past couple years,

one barreled action , cannot remember what I got for it,

one refurb that was blanked, restocked in a commercial walnut stock,  we sold for $1200,

2 refurbs, one with a sewer bore, both sold at $1300
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
My SVT40 is not import marked, but it does have a Finn SA stamp on it.  How does that impact the value?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My SVT40 is not import marked, but it does have a Finn SA stamp on it.  How does that impact the value?
View Quote
Both of those things increase the collector value.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I’ll post pics tonight.  I’d like to know what you guys think.  I have owned it for about 10 years.  I purchased it together with a Finn marked New England Westinghouse M91.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most Finnish Capture SVT 40 rifles are “mix-masters”, meaning that very few to none of the serial numbers match. The Finns used and abused the SVT 40 rifles in their fighting against the Soviets, and would cannibalize parts from unserviceable rifles to keep other rifles shooting. The Finn SVT 40 rifles typically have very worn and often corroded bores.

The good thing is that the Finn SVT 40 rifles were imported into the U.S. prior to GCA ‘68, and therefore do not have import marks. Also, the Finns didn’t usually refinish these rifles, so even though the rifle isn’t original, its metal and wood finish often is.

The value of a Finn SVT 40 is usually similar to a Soviet refurb’ed rifle. While both rifles will be mismatched serial numbers, the Soviet refurbs will have electro pencilled “matching” numbers, not original stamped matching numbers. The bore condition of a Soviet refurb will usually be significantly better than a Finn, and the metal and wood on the refurbs will be re-arsenaled to look new-ish.

Both the Finn Capture and Soviet refurb rifles have their own pro’s and con’s. They fill the void for most people who want an SVT 40 but don’t want to spend $5,000 for an exceedingly rare, matching-numbered original specimen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’ll post pics tonight.  I’d like to know what you guys think.  I have owned it for about 10 years.  I purchased it together with a Finn marked New England Westinghouse M91.
View Quote
$1500 would be a good ballpark,
pending pics and details,

on the NEW, look at the receiver, if it  has the Fox Arms logo on the top flat,  that will bring good money

I sold one 5yrs ago (SA finned NEW that was basically complete NEW) for $800
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Reviving this thread since I am curious what they are going for as well.

Picked this one up at a Florida gun show 10-15 years ago.  The very first table after you pay for your ticket.

It's a Soviet refurb.

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Reviving this thread since I am curious what they are going for as well.

Picked this one up at a Florida gun show 10-15 years ago.  The very first table after you pay for your ticket.

It's a Soviet refurb.
https://i.imgur.com/kVnbuRD.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/PgyM9bk.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/8TJru71.jpg
View Quote
$1300+ in this area
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top