Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 12:23:37 AM EDT
I called a few makers and have no luck so far.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Just about any AR-based PCC that uses an M16 style bolt should work with a DIAS.  There may be some proprietary bolts out there that do not but most I've seen are profiled the same as an M16 carrier.  No reason those shouldn't work as long as the sear trip face is in the same spot as an M16.  Now if you're talking MPX, Scorpion, etc...yeah those won't work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just about any AR-based PCC that uses an M16 style bolt should work with a DIAS.  There may be some proprietary bolts out there that do not but most I've seen are profiled the same as an M16 carrier.  No reason those shouldn't work as long as the sear trip face is in the same spot as an M16.  Now if you're talking MPX, Scorpion, etc...yeah those won't work.
View Quote
+1.   Pretty much spot on.  
However, I assume OP is concerned whether or not the lower is milled out to 'low shelf' dimensions to accept the RDIAS and that could hit or miss depending on the MFG.
I know the CMMG 9mm Guard is drop in.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Evidently there are mainly non-standard bolt carriers in these rifles.  I think CMMG was one of the ones I called and they said no.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Extar EP9?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Evidently there are mainly non-standard bolt carriers in these rifles.  I think CMMG was one of the ones I called and they said no.
View Quote
CMMG said no because of their bolts/carriers?  The Guard carrier isn't a "standard" carrier but it most certainly works with a DIAS.  Same for their regular blowback bolts.  Both have M16 sear trip faces.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I will get back on this project in a few weeks.  Will get back with you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Macon uses a standard M16 carrier.  It works sweet with my Echo II.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.  Was not aware of Macon.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
The New Frontier Armory AR-9mm standard bolt carrier is also M-16 configured as it has the sear-trip at the rear of the bolt carrier.

Therefore it would conceivably be rather easy to mill out one of their 7075 C-9 80% billet 9mm lowers to the low-shelf configuration to accommodate a RDIAS that would work with the New Frontier Armory bolt carrier.

It goes without saying that all National Firearms Act regulations apply in such a situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top