Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2023 9:54:59 AM EDT
With all the talk of exactly what's engraved, what do you guys do for Aero Precision M4E1 lowers? The engraving is "MOD M4E1." Soooooooo, is the model name "MOD M4E1" or just "M4E1"? I get it the MOD stands for model but what do the examiners think? Same for the Aero M5, only that one spells out "MODEL M5." The fine-tooth comb bullshit of the NFA branch is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Just put M4E1
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
M4E1
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You might be over thinking this a little bit

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might be over thinking this a little bit

https://i.imgur.com/oTxMglwl.png

View Quote
Yeah... but you, know. NFA examiners are the pickiest in the world.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah... but you, know. NFA examiners are the pickiest in the world.
View Quote

Rejections are all inshallah.

Back in the day I've had them kick back for corrections some verbiage in the header of my Trust to be added to the name. I guess they thought they were screwing me over on engraving?

I've never had an issue with knowing Make, Model, Serial Number or knowing to truncate "SN:" or whatever... but look at how many guys show off their approval dates and have a Catalog Number listed on their F1 instead of a Model Number for the item.

BATFE has no clue what they are doing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I just put M4E1. Was approved a couple weeks ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top