Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2021 11:52:38 PM EDT

Didn't think I would win the bid on gunbroker but I did.

Another trip down the rabbit hole.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.
Guarantee you won't regret it. There's also those Lage uppers if you want to do something different.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#3]

You’ll love it! Lage everything... if you don’t already know.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#4]

I've been doing some research and this M10 is Ingram/RPB stamped. So I'm assuming it's an earlier receiver. The suppressor serial number matches the gun also.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!

You’re next step will be finding your favorite lage upgrades
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been doing some research and this M10 is Ingram/RPB stamped. So I'm assuming it's an earlier receiver. The suppressor serial number matches the gun also.
View Quote

It is a later receiver MAC did not finish building out before they went bankrupt. RPB bought it at auction and finished it, then complemented it with a silencer.

Whatever you do, do not recore your RPB can.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is a later receiver MAC did not finish building out before they went bankrupt. RPB bought it at auction and finished it, then complemented it with a silencer.

View Quote

Earlier receiver. Powder Springs, not Marietta which came later.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Earlier receiver. Powder Springs, not Marietta which came later.
View Quote

OK I thought he meant early vs late Powder Spring Receivers.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have other suppressors, but what's so special about the RPB/SIONICS can?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have other suppressors, but what's so special about the RPB/SIONICS can?
View Quote

The number of factory original with matching serial numbers is pretty low.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I really want one of those with a slow fire bolt. I love the 80’s look
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice! Congrats! THAT is exactly what I’d like to eventually get....45 M-10 with original Sionics suppressor... ala McQ!
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
He might have meant that though the PS location wasn't used for long. Maybe a few years before moving. Then not long after that it all went down hill and MAC dissolved.

I wouldn't be able to date the receiver without a MAC SN.

Yes, likely a late PS receiver that was never used, maybe because it said Ingram and not MAC when Ingram was forced out of MAC. My PS is dated mid to late 1973. I'd hazard a guess of September thru November build.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice score with the original suppressor ! I had a M11/9 fall into my lap about a month ago and I’m just a few weeks into my Form 4 wait.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice score! You got a nice setup.

You will love it.

I got into MACs and other than the expense of feeding it - love it!

The Lage uppers offer some enhancements for shooting much better - but I still love the simple retro feel and looks of the original config with factory suppressor.

I find they aren't as difficult to shoot as advertised in original configuration and can hold a "group"(pattern?) and short bursts in original config- but some have difficulty - with time and careful handling /familiarity you can hit (large targets  at closer ranges) with it decently.

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Well, off to find some M3 mags for a decent price.

Got the Mac Man book. Great info.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, off to find some M3 mags for a decent price.

Got the Mac Man book. Great info.
View Quote

Good luck on GG mags! They have gotten expensive!

That is a fantastic book. Lots of great info!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#18]

I just purchased a couple GG mags off the EE.

Looking in the Mac Man book it says .625 needs to be machined off the lock catch and side tangs.

Over 1/2" seems like alot (I don't have the gun and mags in hand), I'm thinking the decimal point is off???

I've heard about a 1/16 needs to be removed but .625?????

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#19]
There is a dual catch. It will lock in both standard or modified Grease Gun magazines.

Scott
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Lage dual catch is where it's at. You might need to file in the catch as I did but well worth not having to modify a bunch of mags.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lage dual catch is where it's at. You might need to file in the catch as I did but well worth not having to modify a bunch of mags.
View Quote

Well damn. My boss has this grip on his M10 and I was already going to buy one. I never read the product description
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My first MG back in 1983 still have it.Paid 350.00 NIB
View Quote

Damn. I was 8 in 1983...

38 years in between then and now and I paid 7k for everything pictured. Not including tax, shipping, 2 tax stamps, etc.

That's a 20X price increase!!!

I was offered a M11 9mm about 10 years ago for 3K and passed on it
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Y'all are old! I was -9 in 1983! Wish my dad would have gotten into the NFA/MG game back then.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Y'all are old! I was -9 in 1983! Wish my dad would have gotten into the NFA/MG game back then.
View Quote

When I was 14 I tried to get my parents to let me buy an Uzi for 3k . I had a job and the money to buy it . I was told absolutely no. Now they are 4 times that price and all I have is a Sten and a Nambu
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was wrong. The serial numbers are 717 and 727. Off by 10.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who are you calling old????

I'm 45 and in my prime!!!

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Who are you calling old????

I'm 45 and in my prime!!!

View Quote

You are 16 years more seasoned than I am!
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Where is the shooting report - Is this at a Class 02/03 that has a range so you are allowed to have conjugal visits with and shoot while its in NFA jail?

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Where is the shooting report - Is this at a Class 02/03 that has a range so you are allowed to have conjugal visits with and shoot while its in NFA jail?

View Quote

Yes. It's at my dealer who has a range, but it's 2 hours from me. I was going to shoot it when I went there to do the forms but they were crazy busy on a Saturday. Indoor ranges in Arizona during the summer practicly require an appointment.

https://scottsdalegunclub.com/

I just got an email from Silecer Shop today my checks were cashed on 7/9.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Lage had some issues with their website not allowing me to get on the waiting list for a MAX 10/31K so I emailed them.

Got a response the next day, #71 on the list. Aprx 6 month wait.

I was able to find 4 Suomi drums in like new condition for $65 each which I believe is a good deal. Good thing because I  got absolutely raped on 4 coffin mags on GB a couple weeks later.

My fault though. I hadn't found any for sale after 2 weeks of searching so I jumped on them and got into a bidding war with one other buyer.

All 4 are in 90%+ condition with a loader, but I PAID for them.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#32]
That was a steal at $7k. Nice work!
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Congrats!

You’re next step will be finding your favorite lage upgrades
View Quote

Don't monkey with it. Leave it as is. Only new wipes are needed, and some shoelace eyelets.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

They shoot fast. I've got an M11a1 .380. That's about it, not much else to report.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Don't monkey with it. Leave it as is. Only new wipes are needed, and some shoelace eyelets.
View Quote

Lage makes uppers and their uppers are BA.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you say this? What is wrong with the core upgrade?
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of those original Suppressor parts are around and inherited from one collector to the next.  I would do this if you want original.

An 02/07 SOT has inherited some of them and is doing rebuilds with original vintage parts.  http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26122-mac-swd-cobray-sionics-swd-suppressor-rebuilds/

Hard Times Armory in Atlanta had a bunch of the original suppressor parts, and hand-me-downs from the original SIONICS operation run by Werbel.  The collection and some of the collectible guns have been in a quiet community of MAC collector /Dealers/SOT Mfrs.

Its probably a last chance to get a rebuild with original parts. Too bad an owner can't stockpile spare parts (unless your a Mfr/02-07)  Stupid laws.  I already own the suppressor why wouldn't i be able to own matching spare parts?  My worry is a baffle strike if the suppressor loosens (they do easily if you don't hold them with those coarse threads)

Frankly given the condition of the OP gun, I doubt it needs rebuilding anytime soon.

My acquired 9mm can was made in 72, used by MAC as a demo, sold to Atlanta PD for use - internally is in great condition except dirty and needs wipes.
I think these hold up better than expected.

My 45 can has seen more use than the 9mm over the decades - but again holds up great except the wipes.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Some of those original Suppressor parts are around and inherited from one collector to the next....  The collection...have been in a quiet community of MAC collector /Dealers/SOT Mfrs...
View Quote

I should hope that it goes without saying it's a quiet community.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#39]
These are the modifications needed to the sides and back of a standard M-3 magazine. A milling machine is easiest, but a dremel type tool works well too. Just take a little off at a time till you have proper fit in magwell.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
These are the modifications needed to the sides and back of a standard M-3 magazine. A milling machine is easiest, but a dremel type tool works well too. Just take a little off at a time till you have proper fit in magwell.
https://i.postimg.cc/nrr7vvcB/M10-Mag002.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/262hbHmC/M10-Mag003.jpg

View Quote

Uhh... The side thing isn't necessary and just buy the Lage double mag catch and stop screwing up perfectly good M3 mags.

I run untouched M3 mags in my Ingram M10 with the Lage dual mag catch. Nothing else. None of my ~50 mags have the side cuts. They are unnecessary and I've never seen them before. Some.of my mags are cut for Mac (some good, some poorly) but the majority are untouched M3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top