Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2018 5:51:16 PM EDT
Anyone know of someone that offers this as a service? I've tried the MFI's, and they are ok, but I'm looking for something more rugged. There is a lot of slop in the MFI's and the housings being made out of cast aluminum kind of bugs me. I'm kind of leary of having a local weld shop try it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know of someone that offers this as a service? I've tried the MFI's, and they are ok, but I'm looking for something more rugged. There is a lot of slop in the MFI's and the housings being made out of cast aluminum kind of bugs me. I'm kind of leary of having a local weld shop try it.
View Quote
I have a local fella that does laser weld,, he does all kind of stuff for tool & die,, mold repair, and has a FFL/SOT on the side..

Dont see where you from, we be in Dayton Ohio area,,  and if you do Facebook,, here is his 2 pages if you wish to see what kind of stuff he does via photos

Wicked Weapons

Wicked Welding
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a try.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Jason at Investment Grade Firearms did mine, and he did a fantastic job.  I would post pics for you but I am behind enemy lines right now in MA and won't be seeing my guns for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
i did this years ago on my 553 clone.  it's really not that hard to do , especially if you have a diopter housing in the white.  the hardest part for me was getting the diopter housing off the demilled receiver without damaging the feet.

i used to have some pics i took of the process but i can't seem to find them , that was a long time ago.  if i can dig them up out of my old photobucket album i'll post them here. i'll see if i can find a closer pic of the diopter but here's my p556 upper i did the diopter swap on

Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks good. I'm waiting on a response from IGF, and hopefully he can do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top