Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2023 1:52:41 AM EDT
Broke the SCAR down tonight to clean it. Probably hasn’t been cleaned in a year and it’s has at least 2,000 rounds through it in that time. Mostly suppressed. So this sucker was DIRTY.

After cleaning the bolt carrier up I noticed this weird discoloring on a portion of the bolt carrier. It’s very obvious. And it is not excess oil. Fully wiped it dry before I took this pictures. I’ve had no issues with the gun and I see no cracks or issues on the carrier besides the coloring.

Just a blemish?
Bad heat treating?
Something else?
Anyone else seen this on their SCAR?

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:19:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#1]
completely normal
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I've seen it before. Figured it's just a part of the manufacturing process of the carrier.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My 17s had the same thing on the carrier.  Nothing to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top