Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 10:18:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Do the two numbers match? I can't add much about these but man are they... unique looking.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#3]
In the January 2021 issue of "Firearms News", author Leroy Thompson submitted an informative article about the Webley & Scott semi auto pistols, with photos and illustrations of all the variations. All show numbers located on the frame exactly like your specimen. Maybe corresponding with Mr. Thompson could result in the answer to your question.
Gary
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out this article on the Webley auto's.  https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/WSAP3/wsap3.html#WSM1912-455

"On military pistols, the serial number is stamped on the bottom of the frame just in front of the trigger guard. Commercial pistols have the serial number on the grip tang, just in front of the hammer."

Oh, and have fun finding ammo for it.  In case you weren't aware, .455 Webley and .455 Webley Auto ammunition is not interchangeable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Made a few holsters for the 455 Auto in the day

A mate collects them. as do a few of my other mates, customers, etc.
The serious collector has all sorts of versions, in several calibers

Nice guns
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Huh, interesting.  I'd read it was the number on the frontstrap.

So now I wonder what that number is

Brass is available, though expensive. I don't imagine shooting it a ton, at any rate.  And it's an excuse to buy a .455 1911 to round out the .455 collection
View Quote

I would love to find a couple of .455 auto's for my collection.  Wallet can't afford it at this point.  

You might post a picture of the front strap number and see if anybody has any ideas.  It's possible that it was purchased by a police dept and the number is a rack number or something similar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top