Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2021 11:14:05 PM EDT
Hey guys, pump action Weatherby, PA-08, made in Turkey for Weatherby.  Has a shotgun plug limiting to 2 rounds.  Plug is held in by a lock ring, only 2 rounds.  Take the lock ring out, the spacer is still held in by the magazine tube end cap, and the magazine spring is held in by a plastic piece that does not come out due to a rounded lip on the end of the magazine tube.  Take the plug out and put the lock ring in, it seats 4 rounds, with the last round only an 1/8" from seating.  Take out the lock ring and it seats 5 in the tube.  There is an archived thread here about removing the magazine tube lip and using Nordic components to extend the mag capacity.

Seems to be a solid gun from first impression.  Had to google up the manual for assembly since the bolt and action bars didn't want to go together, but apparently you have to put the barrel on while the bolt and action bars are still partially out of the receiver and the long barrel hood pushed down the parts necessary to let the bolt and action bars slide into the receiver smoothly.

Anyone have one?  What's your experience or impressions?  I think I found an 18.5 barrel with rifle sights I might pick up and then have the option of running the gun either as a riot style or clay/hunting.

Hope to take it out next week to see how it breaks clays and feels while shooting.

EDIT:  Always think of more after clicking submit.  I think the biggest weak link in the gun is the way the action bars are attached to the forearm tube.  They are two separate pieces attached by a spring ring which holds them in place, which in turn is held in place (sort-of) by the fore-end itself.  I may take that to a buddy with a welder and weld them in place to remove the weak point.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Have the semi-auto Weatherby, SA-459.  Solid shotgun, no complaints at all.  The Turks can make nice stuff.  It's all a question of what price point an importer wants.  Takes Benelli/Beretta choke tubes, of which I have a lot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have the semi-auto Weatherby, SA-459.  Solid shotgun, no complaints at all.  The Turks can make nice stuff.  It's all a question of what price point an importer wants.  Takes Benelli/Beretta choke tubes, of which I have a lot.
View Quote

Interesting, mine seems to have a Win choke, but several google returns claim it uses Rem Chokes.

Found a riot barrel for it already but going to take it shooting before I buy more stuff for it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Had one for a few years, was nice but sold it. Got something better. Field use and HD most likely will work just fine, trap not so much. When it heats up from constant shooting from the line the action binds up pretty tight making it almost unusable. It fits a purpose, clays isn't one of them.I had the wood furniture on mine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had one for a few years, was nice but sold it. Got something better. Field use and HD most likely will work just fine, trap not so much. When it heats up from constant shooting from the line the action binds up pretty tight making it almost unusable. It fits a purpose, clays isn't one of them.I had the wood furniture on mine.
View Quote
Hmm, hoping to put some rounds through it this weekend.  The action doesn't seem tight at all, but I'll see what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top