Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2018 9:38:10 PM EDT
I initially posted this in my Washington Hometown forum as it was State related. So far....no help.

My Form 1 for an RPG-7 has been returned today. Submitted thru Silencer Shop....and the Section 4j wasn't filled out (Indicate Firearm or Explosive)...easy enough.

But...also the approver states "I must provide or reference the State Law that allows destructive devices in the state of WA". I've looked. I know DD's are legal. Any help please? I have until December 28th to respond.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be in the Washington state revised statuettes.
I don't know if that's spelled right.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Generally things are legal because there's no law against them, not a law allowing them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Generally things are legal because there's no law against them, not a law allowing them.
View Quote
Yes. Laws don't make things legal, just illegal.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't find any mention but the definitions of rifle and shotgun don't give a barrel diameter.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/firearmsstatutesandcodes-washingtonpdf/download

Maybe give them 9.41.190 (2)
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It should be in the Washington state revised statuettes.
I don't know if that's spelled right.
View Quote
It isn't unfortunately. No mention of Destructive Devises.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry OP...

I have an interest in an rpg as well.

Is 4j "firearm"?

Are you getting push back because of your state laws or the fact it is an rpg?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry OP...

I have an interest in an rpg as well.

Is 4j "firearm"?

Are you getting push back because of your state laws or the fact it is an rpg?
View Quote
Yep. 4j will be "Firearm". (Edited to add...) Also Barrel Length can not equal overall length. I just measured the "Barrel" from the muzzle to the rear end of the heat shield. Overall length included the rear forcing cone.

I picked up one of the 7.62x39 VH7 (Vlozna Hlaven 7) subcal rocket inserts. Figured it would make for a little more challenging ground squirrel hunt.

Push back because Washington State doesn't mention Destructive Devices in their State Statues like they do SBRs, Suppressors, MGs, etc...

Just heard back from a former Washington State Class III dealer who handled DD's. From what he told me, I should be good to go after my conversation with the approver.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks man!  Especially the tips on barrel vs OAL.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top