Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2018 11:46:26 PM EDT
Well if I go missing you all know why

Was out on the back deck relaxing and playing with themal....noticed a plane and was watching it...then I notice a circle shapped object trailing behind the plane...it seams like it's following perfectly but then speeds up and starts to loop around the side of the plane...and then speeds off and it's gone...I'm like wtf was that...

Video evidence:
https://youtu.be/XGumd6MK6Eg

Bonus points to anyone who knows what it was...it took me a few minutes (and watching some other video I took) to figure it out....but until I did it was a UFO to me
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Moon and star FTW...

Maybe Santa will bring you a tripod if you're nice...
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Wasn't as frantic as the bats I see here, flying at astonishing heights where I wrongly used to assume that clouds of insects don't go.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Balloon?  Looks like around the 00:16 mark a satellite streaked through by the plane in the distance too?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I second the tripod comment. Lol

Nice video OP. I like seeing different things with thermal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The small bright spots are definitely bats.  The large faint circular object about 16 seconds is what took me a while to figure out.

I have a tripod...didn't use it  

Here is some more bat video.  I feel kinda dumb, have had thermal for years and never sat back and looked at the sky long enough to realise there is more to see!  Better late then never though.
https://youtu.be/KDMSEbv85nw
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Lens flare. It doesn't seem to move with the plane, but with your lens

But, im one that thinks we are alone
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Austin powers - it looks like a giant.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:A bug or a lens flare off of another object.
View Quote
This is the conclusion I came to....most likely a bug within a few feet of the lens causing it to be out of focus and appear larger.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top