Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's my setup that I just completed.

Ronin Tactics 2 piece belt
Esstac tall 2x rifle kywi
Esstac 2x 'gap' pistol kywi
Black Rhino Concealment Holster for G19.5 w/TLR 7

Might add an IFAK once I know what to put in it

I really like the setup, it's stable without being too bulky. Super simple and fairly light, which is what I was going for.  Works great paired with the inner belt, and in a pinch can even work without the inner belt.  I kinda wish I went with the mid rise and 'naked' rifle kywi without the webbing, would have kept things a bit slicker and would be able to run 20's easier.  This was definitely a buy once, cry once, the gear was not cheap but its quality.

Pistol mags not correctly inserted

Link Posted: 6/12/2018 7:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#4]
as requested @TATBME

Attachment Attached File

Right now it's a TT belt, soon to be replaced with a Jones Tactical 2" w\webbing.

HSGI Bleeder
Esstac Pouches
Safariland holster
Some random multitool pouch, I can figure out what it is if anyone cares
Plastic carabiner with mechanix gloves (I bought some black keychain loop things from autozone so they go on and off easier)
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
as requested @TATBME

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221816/20180612_183217-573913.JPG

Right now it's a TT belt, soon to be replaced with a Jones Tactical 2" w\webbing.

HSGI Bleeder
Esstac Pouches
Safariland holster
Plastic carabiner with mechanix gloves (I bought some black keychain loop things from autozone so they go on and off easier)
View Quote
Thanks @bcauz3y, I like that simplistic setup, I currently use a Crye MRB. I’m thinking of setting up another belt almost exactly like that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]
as requested @TATBME

HSGI Bleeder
Esstac Pouches
Safariland holster
View Quote
T.O.E.S
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:00:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#7]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Thanks @bcauz3y, I like that simplistic setup, I currently use a Crye MRB. I’m thinking of setting up another belt almost exactly like that.
View Quote
My biggest reason for parking the molle padded belts is that they make it hard to dismount/mount for me. They push the pouches/gear too far away from my body so they flop around and hang up, plus adding an extra 1/2 inches to my waist.

That's why I like the idea of JT's 2" Molle Duty Belt.

https://squareup.com/store/jones-tactical-llc/item/molle-duty-belt
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TACTICAL:

T.O.E.S
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
as requested @TATBME

HSGI Bleeder
Esstac Pouches
Safariland holster
View Quote
Any reason you chose to use a blue TQ? Obviously it's made to the same standard, but blue just screams trainer to me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#10]
Originally Posted By SEK7562:

Any reason you chose to use a blue TQ? Obviously it's made to the same standard, but blue just screams trainer to me.
View Quote
Yessir - that's by design. It's set up for training right now. My instructors like to randomly yell "YOU JUST GOT SHOT IN THE RIGHT ARM FAGGOT, FIX IT AND GET IN THE FIGHT", while you're in the middle of a reload.

I got tired of retiring good TQs, so now I have a couple of blue ones that I wear on the range. They also get frayed a lot from rolling around in gravel and dirt.

ETA: I write "TR" on my training CATs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Yessir - that's by design. It's set up for training right now. My instructors like to randomly yell "YOU JUST GOT SHOT IN THE RIGHT ARM FAGGOT, FIX IT AND GET IN THE FIGHT", while you're in the middle of a reload.

I got tired of retiring good TQs, so now I have a couple of blue ones that I wear on the range. They also get frayed a lot from rolling around in gravel and dirt.

View Quote
I dig it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SEK7562:

I yelled the same thing to my wife while in the supermarket once.

The outcome was about what you'd expect.

But in my defense she carries, works pt in a gun store and is a first aid instructor instructor at her ft job. I thought she might participate.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I yelled the same thing to my wife while in the supermarket once.

The outcome was about what you'd expect.

But in my defense she carries, works pt in a gun store and is a first aid instructor instructor at her ft job. I thought she might participate.
View Quote
Sounds like mine. She'd just roll her eyes and put more fajita meat in the cart.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I do like the thinner belt set up. Not bulky and looks simple.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Wattles:

I really like the setup, it's stable without being too bulky. Super simple and fairly light, which is what I was going for.  Works great paired with the inner belt, and in a pinch can even work without the inner belt.  I kinda wish I went with the mid rise and 'naked' rifle kywi without the webbing, would have kept things a bit slicker and would be able to run 20's easier.  This was definitely a buy once, cry once, the gear was not cheap but its quality.

https://i.imgur.com/J8tDQFz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kfhPxCb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i3KAnAB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZDA13Qf.jpg
View Quote
@Wattles

Your setup looks ideal for my needs.  Is it meant for over your waistline outside pants or threaded through belt loops? If it goes over the top, how much extra on length of belt vs pant size?
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Nnelson9:

@Wattles

Your setup looks ideal for my needs.  Is it meant for over your waistline outside pants or threaded through belt loops? If it goes over the top, how much extra on length of belt vs pant size?
View Quote
It's a two-piece, inner goes through loops, outer Velcro's to inner belt. Can't speak to size because I don't have the ronin.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#17]
That makes sense. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#18]
@Nnelson9

not at home so I'm not sure the size but I know I was in-between sizes and Ronin told me to get the smaller of the sizes.  Still leaves me enough room to expand for thicker clothing.

I really like the setup though, lightweight enough and stiff enough for a what I have on there and I'm sure a bit more.  The Ronin is nice but pricey. I'm sure Esstac's double belt setup works great too for less money, but the loops that connect gear to the belt blocks some of the velcro contact because it goes over the outside belt and not attached to outside molle
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey, how did you drop the pistol (in the war belt thread) for the Safariland holster with the MOLLE? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:08:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Halfbreed_83] [#20]

Velocity Systems, Operator Utility Belt Gen 2

Works okay as an inner/outer system.  I'm probably going to switch to back to my HSGI War Belt or try out a RONIN or Stormrider Belt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
updated my setup after a few months. Switched from a small hsgi slim grip to medium laser slim grip. added a dump pouch, kydex cat holder, and trying out some pig gloves
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By skd127:
updated my setup after a few months. Switched from a small hsgi slim grip to medium laser slim grip. added a dump pouch, kydex cat holder, and trying out some pig gloves
https://i.imgur.com/gR7qvLy.jpg
View Quote
Stage your tourniquet for self-application.  The windlass clip should be open.
How to Stage and Prepare a CAT Tourniquet
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:58:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Wattles:

https://i.imgur.com/J8tDQFz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kfhPxCb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i3KAnAB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZDA13Qf.jpg
View Quote
What gloves?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Everythingisawesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfq1HkZnKnE
View Quote
Good info there.  I've also read that prolonged exposure to the sun can degrade the material, and that nylon or a similar holder that will cover the entire tourniquet will do a better job of protecting it.  Now if you're not standing out in the sun for hours on end every day, it's probably not an issue.  Just something to consider.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everythingisawesome] [#25]
Originally Posted By vjf915:

Good info there.  I've also read that prolonged exposure to the sun can degrade the material, and that nylon or a similar holder that will cover the entire tourniquet will do a better job of protecting it.  Now if you're not standing out in the sun for hours on end every day, it's probably not an issue.  Just something to consider.
View Quote
Gen7 CATs are gtg with UV exposure, as are the SOF-T-Ws.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:

What gloves?
View Quote
Just some mechanix flex fit.  In coyote, of course!
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Gen7 CATs are gtg with UV exposure, as are the SOF-T-Ws.
View Quote
My bad.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By vjf915:
View Quote
Exposure to dust and grit will still degrade them, so a fully-enclosed pouch is the best choice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:13:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PineappleDevil] [#29]

IFAK and tourniquets are on plate carrier
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By lew:

Exposure to dust and grit will still degrade them, so a fully-enclosed pouch is the best choice.
View Quote
Agreed. Not to derail thread, but I keep a strict schedule of replacing first aid equipment
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Work Rig. Makes it nice and easy to flip between my IOTV and TAP gear without having to move my dump pouch, IFAK, and nalgene pouch (which I use for NOD's and batteries)

Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:56:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#32]

View Quote
I do SOFT-Ts mounted on the outside, CATs inside IFAKs and pouches.  At work I wear one CAT exposed for one handed use but I have a virtually unlimited supply to replace them every couple months.  The SOFT-Ts so real well outside my kit getting beat up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
I do SOFT-Ts mounted on the outside, CATs inside IFAKs and pouches.  At work I wear one CAT exposed for one handed use but I have a virtually unlimited supply to replace them every couple months.  The SOFT-Ts so real well outside my kit getting beat up.
View Quote
Good to know. Thanks! I have two TQ's on my belt, and a bunch in the med bag that stays in the truck.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#34]
Super simple belt setup that works well for me

Melder Practical OWB holster & pistol magazine pouches
Hard Point Tactical Orion battle belt
USMC IFAK pouch
Safariland AR/M4 magazine pouch
TQ holder with field modded CAT

Simple, old school, kinda ugly, but it flat out works. I'm currently looking for a better solution (double stack) for rifle magazines but no rush, it works well as is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#35]
My biggest reason for parking the molle padded belts is that they make it hard to dismount/mount for me. They push the pouches/gear too far away from my body so they flop around and hang up, plus adding an extra 1/2 inches to my waist.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TATBME:

My last tour that had a lot of time riding in NTVs I ended up doing the same thing with an Emdom belt instead of my VTAC
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:31:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#36]
Most recent picture of my belt includes my chest rig-

Volund micro V3 keeping it simple with a Tactical Tailor double magna-mag pistol pouch, single rifle pouch, roll-up dump pouch, and Safariland ALS holster.

Chest rig is Tactical Tailor Mini-mav with triple rifle/magna-mag pistol and a vertical accessory pouch.

I've used this set up for a few Run N Gun events now and am so happy with it I don't think I've changed anything for the last 2 or 3.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BPR:
Most recent picture of my belt includes my chest rig-

Volund micro V3 keeping it simple with a Tactical Tailor double magna-mag pistol pouch, single rifle pouch, roll-up dump pouch, and Safariland ALS holster.

Chest rig is Tactical Tailor Mini-mav with triple rifle/magna-mag pistol and a vertical accessory pouch.

I've used this set up for a few Run N Gun events now and am so happy with it I don't think I've changed anything for the last 2 or 3.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/44835/IMG_0433_resize-675329.JPG
View Quote
What are you using as shoulder pads for your mini mav?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Hoosier_Home:

What are you using as shoulder pads for your mini mav?
View Quote
Those are from Tactical Tailor too.  https://www.tacticaltailor.com/shoulderpad.aspx
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#39]
So it seems to be universally accepted that suspenders are not needed with a war belt?
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 2:25:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#40]
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:
So it seems to be universally accepted that suspenders are not needed with a war belt?
View Quote
Not at all. One of the pros of a good MOLLE belt is being able to do without braces. In fact, I tried suspenders- Blue Force Gear- and hated them. Quality was excellent, as usual, but the piece was not needed. Reorganizing my belt order and trimming down the gear proved to be the solution rather than a superfluous piece of equipment. Your hips are better at supporting weight than your shoulders. That goes double if you have a PC or a chest rig in addition to carrying a long arm: your shoulders are already busy.

ETA: On my belt- HSGI Sure Grip- I have the following pouches: KYWI AR mag, BFG admin, Tactical Tailor Nalgene, TT Accessory Pouch 1H, BFG Trauma Kit NOW!, TT Holster, TT TQ, and a double pistol KYWI. I frequently hike with this belt, with or without a pack (SKD gRUNT). No need for suspenders.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#41]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfq1HkZnKnE
View Quote
Hate when people don’t stage there TQ.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#42]
G Code belt
G Code Scorpion soft shells
G Code rti holster
Safariland mid ride with G Code RTI adaptor and G Code leg strap
BFG Micro TKN (Tq on PC) prob should add one to the belt
BFG dump pouch
Colonel blade
Gerber blade on leg strap
Pig Gloves

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Not at all. One of the pros of a good MOLLE belt is being able to do without braces. In fact, I tried suspenders- Blue Force Gear- and hated them. Quality was excellent, as usual, but the piece was not needed. Reorganizing my belt order and trimming down the gear proved to be the solution rather than a superfluous piece of equipment. Your hips are better at supporting weight than your shoulders. That goes double if you have a PC or a chest rig in addition to carrying a long arm: your shoulders are already busy.

ETA: On my belt- HSGI Sure Grip- I have the following pouches: KYWI AR mag, BFG admin, Tactical Tailor Nalgene, TT Accessory Pouch 1H, BFG Trauma Kit NOW!, TT Holster, TT TQ, and a double pistol KYWI. I frequently hike with this belt, with or without a pack (SKD gRUNT). No need for suspenders.
View Quote
This. If there was a way that I could get my PC weight on my hips I would.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By NVjunkie:

View Quote
Problem has been dealt with by some companies, solution relying on frames to hang the carrier to the belt (which is thicker and stiffer).

Crye STKSS, London Bridge Trading CASS , Mystery Ranch BASE, Sotech viper load lifter, the general issue UK VIRTUS system too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone else using a Grey Ghost Gear UGF as their base? It has two rows of molle that don't have the normal spacing between them. Looking for the best solution to attach a pistol holster for an M&P.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

IIRC, there's some company out there providing just a piece of equipment that transfers the PC weight to the hips. How well it works, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I am on information overload. Need a war belt for,range use, and a class. So many choices. Just a holster for my M&P Pro 5”, a couple mags, AR mag, small IFAK/ TQ, multi tool. I have been wanting to buy one for 2 years. Just worried I will buy something, not work and have to buy more gear. I am on a budget no more than $200 and can buy more later.

Can anyone help point me to a solution/? If you have something laying around IM me and I will buy. I like the inner belt with Velcro but again no idea and budget.

Thanks for any advise.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evile] [#48]
Upgraded my kit.  Still using the condor pc with Cati level III plates and condor  tripple mag pouch

The big change up was the belt. Just got it today still playing With placement

Wilder tactical belt pad (ordered xl but it's a little big not as fat as I thought)
Generic cobra 1.5in belt
Safariland 7ts als M&P 9 w/tlr1
Special ops tactical accessory pouch
G-code soft shell scorpion mag holsters
Sog seal pup

Needs a med kit still and a another scorpion for a flashlight

Link Posted: 10/18/2018 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Call me boring but i run a basic duty style belt i got for work years ago.  A G17 with a TLR-1HL in a Safari land ALS.  Basic Molle style mag pouches(from skd maybe?)  Basic open top pistol mag holder with adjustable tension(blackhawk)  A dump pouch with a Leather men super tool 300 in the side.  ANd a LA Police gear Recon-1 rechargeable flashlight in a leather holster.  Then i have my belt keepers, and a key holder.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Slight update to my belt. Added two more mag pouchs and moved the knife.

Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top