Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:

I have both for different purposes:

Esstac for range belt- holster, pistol mags, ready rifle mag, trauma kit, TQs

HSGI for a "recce"/out in the boonies belt- holster, trauma kit, pistol mag, 3x rifle mags, admin, 2x water bottles, TQs, bottle pouch used for sustainment items, Tactical Tailor suspenders

Even without the suspenders, the HSGI belt stays put- no sliding, riding, or rolling.
View Quote

cool beans. thanks for the insight.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

So other than a holster, that's it, just plug and play so to speak?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Fork and plate come as a set

So be careful when buying…lots of knock offs that say “work with safariland”.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bjwar10:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjwar10:
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Fork and plate come as a set

Thanks for the advice.

I've got one of Esstac's holster recommended kydex maker on it. He's going to order what I need and then make a duty holster for me. Should save me some trouble like what you said above by letting someone else do it
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Your top belt setup inspired me, picture posted above this post.

@fyeguy
View Quote

@ArizonaRifleman... being wrong-eyed definitely makes belt setup interesting!
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: x_red_beard_x] [#5]
Right handed pistol shooter, left handed long gun shooter makes for a strange looking belt setup.

-AWS Belt
  -3x HSGI Duty Pistol Pouches
  -Esstac Elastic Tourniquet Holder
  -Esstac Rifle Mag Pouch
  -True North MHA Adapter & Leg Strap
  -Safariland 6360RDS w/ NUB Mod

I took the IFAK kit off my belt due to getting in and out of UTVs and trucks often at the range. I ankle carry an IFAK everyday in a Ryker gear AFAK, so I keep that on me when I go to the range. Eventually going to try some more IFAK kits on the belt that are low profile. Used to have a few different ones, but never loved any of them. The Trexarms is almost perfect, but it liked to open up on me. I have my heart set on a LBT pouch, but I don’t like that shears or a TQ don’t fit in it. I don’t know, I’m sticking to my trusty AFAK for now.

I ditched the HSGI rifle mag pouch. I used to run an AK primarily and switch to an AR occasionally, but getting into NV, the AR is more convenient. I often shoot a 1911 hence the reason for HSGI pistol mag pouches and running 3 pistol mags. Often, when running my Glocks, I substitute one pistol mag to have my Leatherman on my belt.

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Just wanted to say ALS thumb is real. Goes well with Glock finger. Spent last two days training with new duty rig. Did manage a draw and one round on target at 7 yards in 1.35 seconds using a SLS/ALS holster.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I have to ask this question. Before I do, I want to make it clear that this is not meant to de-rail the thread.

I have been seeing a lot of you guys running the True North Extender. Just how comfortable is it for extended use? It “looks” terribly uncomfortable and that it would rub the hell out of one’s hip and/or leg. I am not a fan of the UBL for that reason. I have been either running a G-Code Midride which for me is far superior comfort wise than the UBL or a Safariland thigh rig set as high as possible on the hip. Both of these I can run all day without any issues, but I really want to know honest opinions before I consider dropping that much coin on an extender….
What say ye?
Cp
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:
Ok, I have to ask this question. Before I do, I want to make it clear that this is not meant to de-rail the thread.

I have been seeing a lot of you guys running the True North Extender. Just how comfortable is it for extended use? It “looks” terribly uncomfortable and that it would rub the hell out of one’s hip and/or leg. I am not a fan of the UBL for that reason. I have been either running a G-Code Midride which for me is far superior comfort wise than the UBL or a Safariland thigh rig set as high as possible on the hip. Both of these I can run all day without any issues, but I really want to know honest opinions before I consider dropping that much coin on an extender….
What say ye?
Cp
View Quote

I do not care for extenders nor thigh straps personally.

I like my holster on the belt. Both in terms of less things to fail, but also it simply is more comfortable for me. I can get the desired height I want from the holster itself, and I've found the issue of clearing armor not to be the problem I was told it was on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]

What say ye?
Cp
View Quote

Took a fieldcraft pistol class in Feb with mine.  Didn't even notice it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Grabbed a Tier 1 centurion.  I believe it's a level 2 retention.

Hope to make a June class

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm thinking of trying a HSG Operator Belt

Anyone have any experience with it bad or good?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm thinking of trying a HSG Operator Belt

Anyone have any experience with it bad or good?
View Quote

I have the same thing made by TYR Tactical. Been using it now for a couple years for an instructor belt. Comfortable to wear all day, and easy to mount your gear to it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:48:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#13]

What say ye?
Cp
View Quote

Just switched from a Mid-Ride UBL, to TrueNorth, yesterday. No problems with either, but that may depend on individual body types. I could see that if a person mounts it a little forward, the leg coming up to hit it. It also has the ability to swivel a couple mm's toward the back, depending on how hard you crank down on the Molle Bar mounting screws/bushings. Took me about 15 minutes each, to get the UBL on/off my belt...that alone is worth the TrueNorth cost, LOL!
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#14]

What say ye?
Cp
View Quote

I cut a small pad to fit that I got from tier 1 concealment.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#15]
i just spend 2 days in class, and my hip is burning and swollen using the true north... its the 2 screws/plates what mount to the molle on the belt that is digging in my hip, no problem from the leg strap piece..
dont know yet how to solve this... the holster is in a perfect position, and the safariland UBL had the corners digging in my sides too which is why i went to true north

i also feel my malice clips, but i will try the one wrap to solve that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
QLS vs RTI?
Has a comparison been done?
Any insights to share?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sid_79:
i just spend 2 days in class, and my hip is burning and swollen using the true north... its the 2 screws/plates what mount to the molle on the belt that is digging in my hip, no problem from the leg strap piece..
dont know yet how to solve this... the holster is in a perfect position, and the safariland UBL had the corners digging in my sides too which is why i went to true north

i also feel my malice clips, but i will try the one wrap to solve that.
View Quote

You could try a qore ice vent covering the plates
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#18]

I have been seeing a lot of you guys running the True North Extender. Just how comfortable is it for extended use? It "looks" terribly uncomfortable and that it would rub the hell out of one's hip and/or leg. I am not a fan of the UBL for that reason. I have been either running a G-Code Midride which for me is far superior comfort wise than the UBL or a Safariland thigh rig set as high as possible on the hip. Both of these I can run all day without any issues, but I really want to know honest opinions before I consider dropping that much coin on an extender.
What say ye?
Cp
View Quote
I have run the True North adapter in 3 or 4 Run N Gun events with no noticeable discomfort. That is two to three hours in the woods with a lot of walking/jogging, so not an extended duty day or multi-day field problem. For me it works better than the UBL because it's flat on the backside, for some reason the shape of the UBL digs into my leg. I am guessing where you place your holster, your body type and biomechanics and your gait will matter.

I like it because it gets my pistol grip almost parallel to the ground and I have a 36-37 sleeve length so being lower helps with my draw stroke. For my use case it's great.

I don't use a leg strap because in competition they chafe and I end up just buckling it before a stage, the TN is stiff enough I haven't had a problem with my draw.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:32:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FistPeso] [#19]

What say ye?
Cp
View Quote

I love the TrueNorth Holster Adapter.  No rubbing and don’t notice it is there.  I just got done with a four day rifle class and I was on the ground a lot, zero issues.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#20]
I went from 2 to the 3 pistol mag Esstac pouch for my belt and ordered the WTF straps with ti by accident.

I actually like them

I may have to order a bunch of those straps by themselves and rethink things.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

View Quote

ordered and arrived!
i think this will fix my problem, thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I went from 2 to the 3 pistol mag Esstac pouch for my belt and ordered the WTF straps with titby accident.

I actually like them

I may have to order a bunch of those straps by themselves and rethink things.

View Quote

How in the world do you fit the 3x pistol
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

You're asking the wrong question. This thread is about war belts. Most of us are here to effectively participate in domestic large-scale issues with maximum effectiveness. Things like Katrina, Detroit in the 40s, or even a Ukraine-type incident.

I'm sure the Ukrainians hadn't had to engage Russian tanks and Air Power until they did. I wonder if they wish they were properly prepared?

So, maybe you don't roll in here talking about fantasy and asking about personal experience with deadly force. Maybe instead you use the experience and knowledge in this thread to help get yourself together?

Pic thread.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221816/wtfbrad2_JPG-2357644.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lane579:
Real world vs fantasy isn’t really an argument is it boys?    I’ll wait….

You're asking the wrong question. This thread is about war belts. Most of us are here to effectively participate in domestic large-scale issues with maximum effectiveness. Things like Katrina, Detroit in the 40s, or even a Ukraine-type incident.

I'm sure the Ukrainians hadn't had to engage Russian tanks and Air Power until they did. I wonder if they wish they were properly prepared?

So, maybe you don't roll in here talking about fantasy and asking about personal experience with deadly force. Maybe instead you use the experience and knowledge in this thread to help get yourself together?

Pic thread.

Nice day to have NODS mounted.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Pic thread.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lane579:
Real world vs fantasy isn’t really an argument is it boys?    I’ll wait….

Pic thread.

Nice day to have NODS mounted.

Do you take the sunglasses off before you down the NODS…
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#26]

It's always day until it isn't.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:06:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#27]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

View Quote

Link to product

How did I not know about this UBL with a spacer works fine me, bottom corner sometimes digs in though. I will order a couple to try once they come back in stock - one for work and one for the larping belt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#28]

What say ye?
Cp
View Quote

The only reason I went with the True North Extender was to wear a slimmed down belt system with a full-sized pack that used a hit belt and I needed my handgun lower.

My son is a cop and uses one to keep from getting ripped off during a roll-on the ground scuffle.  That's the downside, robust, but if you're doing dynamic break-dancing on the ground, your thigh is going to show it. For the majority of my vertical trekking needs, it's about perfect and it's stiff enough that I don't need a thigh strap that is a bad idea if you're doing any foot movement outside of clearing a building or some very minor drills on a static range.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

The only reason I went with the True North Extender was to wear a slimmed down belt system with a full-sized pack that used a hit belt and I needed my handgun lower.

My son is a cop and uses one to keep from getting ripped off during a roll-on the ground scuffle.  That's the downside, robust, but if you're doing dynamic break-dancing on the ground, your thigh is going to show it. For the majority of my vertical trekking needs, it's about perfect and it's stiff enough that I don't need a thigh strap that is a bad idea if you're doing any foot movement outside of clearing a building or some very minor drills on a static range.

ROCK6
View Quote

I run a True North extender with a Vastus thigh band using a ANR thigh strap running a Safariland.  I've used it for multiple 5k Run N Guns and advanced classes working on movement and positions and absolutely zero issues with it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#30]
Been running a G-Code OSH and Midride extender for a few months now and have been very happy with it. I had been eyeballing them for a while because I-was worried about how rugged the RTI wheel would be and if it was bulkier than the QLS  system that I have been running.
The Midride extender is way more comfortable than the Safariland UBL Midride extender, way more than I was expecting, and you have a leg strap option as well. It is actually lower profile than my Safariland as well.

Anyone experience any breakage or problem with ruggedness with the RTI. I can’t find anything really on Google searches. At least nothing more recent?

Cp
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I broke three G Code RTI platforms on my duty belts. Two of those were breaks at the belt loops, with the third being the RTI wheel itself. G Code replacement all 3, but confidence was lost for good. I hard mount all my holsters now. Sacrifice interchangeability for strength.

If you want to beef up the RTI system I would recommend mounting your RTI wheel to a Safariland platform (UBL or the like). I have never seen a Safariland platform break as the material has more flex then the G Code. G Code sells wheels with attachment patterns for Safariland platforms.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SemperShadow:
I broke three G Code RTI platforms on my duty belts. Two of those were breaks at the belt loops, with the third being the RTI wheel itself. G Code replacement all 3, but confidence was lost for good. I hard mount all my holsters now. Sacrifice interchangeability for strength.

If you want to beef up the RTI system I would recommend mounting your RTI wheel to a Safariland platform (UBL or the like). I have never seen a Safariland platform break as the material has more flex then the G Code. G Code sells wheels with attachment patterns for Safariland platforms.
View Quote

Thats interesting. Wonder if thats why G-Code changed the Midride Platforn to a solid single wide belt loop like mine above. I see some older pics where the belt loops were two individual loops?? Hmmmm

Good info though.

Thanks
cp
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Afraid not CP. I broke your style too.

GCA30 were the ones I broke loops on. GCA200 broke the wheel. Honestly I swear I broke one of those too but I can't find the pics.

My use may also be much more abusive than yours. I work patrol and SWAT so shooting on my side, rolling with suspects, etc gets alot of pressure on the holster. Same reasons I run the Safariland 6 series instead of the 7 series... as the seem to crack and break under that pressure.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SemperShadow:
Afraid not CP. I broke your style too.

GCA30 were the ones I broke loops on. GCA200 broke the wheel. Honestly I swear I broke one of those too but I can't find the pics.

My use may also be much more abusive than yours. I work patrol and SWAT so shooting on my side, rolling with suspects, etc gets alot of pressure on the holster. Same reasons I run the Safariland 6 series instead of the 7 series... as the seem to crack and break under that pressure.
View Quote

Thanks for that brother.
I’m military and haven’t rolled around with an asshole since Iraq 2009. I am mainly training Soldiers now.
Thanks again
Cp
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Here are my setups.  The war belt now has a dropped thigh holster that will accommodate any of my pistols, with flashlights.  I use the war belt running an MPX, an AR and pistol through drills, thus the combo of mags.  

If SHTF, I'd drop either the MPX or the AR Mags, then double up on the other, depending on which weapon I planned to carry.  I have additional pouches for 6 more mags on my PC as well.  I have suspenders for it, but the padding inside keeps the belt nice and comfy, and it doesn't move even if the suspenders are off.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:
Here are my setups.  The war belt now has a dropped thigh holster that will accommodate any of my pistols, with flashlights.  I use the war belt running an MPX, an AR and pistol through drills, thus the combo of mags.  

If SHTF, I'd drop either the MPX or the AR Mags, then double up on the other, depending on which weapon I planned to carry.  I have additional pouches for 6 more mags on my PC as well.  I have suspenders for it, but the padding inside keeps the belt nice and comfy, and it doesn't move even if the suspenders are off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/491499/50458441-57AC-4355-8342-6B25631709DA_jpe-2397322.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/491499/30FF1A43-DF16-4004-8B6F-C38B2FFA4B85_jpe-2397323.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/491499/35844041-DD7C-4000-ABFE-60D024A1B066_jpe-2397324.JPG
View Quote

Aaaaand the heaviest belt setup award goes to...
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By CJ47:

View Quote

No doubt- my full plate carrier weighs less than that rig!
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Metro6:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Metro6:
Originally Posted By CJ47:

My competition belt makes up for it.    virtual skeleton by comparison.

And like I said, I wear it running shooting drills with 3 weapons, so I use all those mags, and do it often enough I barely notice the weight.  What can I say, it's comfy.  (I also jog with a 30lb weight vest, so my plate carrier feels light as a feather when ai wear it).

You can always take stuff off.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/491499/50458441-57AC-4355-8342-6B25631709DA_jpe-2397322.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/491499/30FF1A43-DF16-4004-8B6F-C38B2FFA4B85_jpe-2397323.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/491499/35844041-DD7C-4000-ABFE-60D024A1B066_jpe-2397324.JPG
View Quote

Is that a Tyr belt?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:55:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SiVisPacem] [#40]
I've finally upgraded my 1st line.

Attachment Attached File

Esstac 1.75" Enhanced Shooter's Belt
Esstac GAP KYWI
Safariland 6490RDS with Nub Mod and threaded barrel plug

I still need an IFAK and TQ holder.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: viralinsurgency] [#41]

Is that a Tyr belt?
View Quote

No, it's actually a Condor Slim Battle Belt. It's a sleeve.  I've used a couple different belts inside it, from Fastex and Rigger to Cobra buckles.  

I abuse it and it holds up just fine.  The rubberized pads inside keep it from sliding and increase comfort.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Holy shit

Wearing that rig would be like fighting while giving my wife a piggy back ride
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/242045/20220527_075246_jpg-2398544.JPG

Esstac GAP KYWI

View Quote

If you need a TQ holder/IFAK and aren't against something sorta like a fanny pack, maybe give the Ferro Mini Dangler a look.  Can be used as a dangler for an inner/outer belt or a PC.  Holds a good-sized IFAK and has a fat loop of elastic for a TQ on the bottom.    

When donning, I put on my inner belt, stick my IFAK on the front, and then put the outer belt on over it.  

It's accessible with both hands, you can see into it while you are getting shit out, and if you are driving or sitting down, you don't have to sit on your IFAK.  

Belt:

Attachment Attached File

Size reference with a standard 6" chemlight

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I've gotten to the point where I like my belts slick, low profile, and easy to conceal with a jacket. So there's this.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Esstac GAP KYWI

View Quote

I really like the burrito
Burrito
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Esstac GAP KYWI

I really like the burrito
Burrito
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20211124_141408_2_jpg-2400154.JPG

I hate to think of how much money I spent trying countless IFAKs and trying to find the perfect one for me before buying a Burrito to try. I can’t imagine using anything else on a belt at this point.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 1:58:26 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm trying to decide for a new duty belt for patrol. Currently looking at Blue Alpha Gear 2" LEO Belt, Esstac Enhanced Shooter and the "X- Duty Belt". I've used a regular Safariland 2.25" nylon belt on patrol for years now and am looking to upgrade. Does anyone have experience with these on patrol and sitting in a car for long periods? As i'm getting older, comfort is becoming top priority.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By remi17:
I'm trying to decide for a new duty belt for patrol. Currently looking at Blue Alpha Gear 2" LEO Belt, Esstac Enhanced Shooter and the "X- Duty Belt". I've used a regular Safariland 2.25" nylon belt on patrol for years now and am looking to upgrade. Does anyone have experience with these on patrol and sitting in a car for long periods? As i'm getting older, comfort is becoming top priority.
View Quote

I have been using the Blue Alpha for over 8 months now and it's great. I ditched the underbelt that came with it and I am using the one that came with my Ronin belt. The BA underbelt is 1.5" and was digging into my hips, the Ronin one is 1.75 or 2" and is more comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 4:38:09 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Is it a tear-away / Velcro design?  Couldn't tell from description on site, just said multi-directional laser cut.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Is it a tear-away / Velcro design?  Couldn't tell from description on site, just said multi-directional laser cut.
View All Quotes

It's just a pouch.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top