Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2018 12:23:22 AM EDT
Hi All,

I was just following this thread; Helmet Rigs when I noticed something a little strange in the pictures. I don't recognise this bridge, and something is definitely being powered here. The power at the back is definitely going through the bridge, but the two monoculars are PVS-14's, but even then they don't quite look like normal PVS-14's...

The power seems to be coming from a standard helmet mount battery pack, but the bridge isn't one I recognise, and something is being powered here.

Can anyone shed some more light on this? My existing sources haven't identified it either. I've been trying to work out if they are slaving something or if there's something else integrated into the PVS-14?

Thanks
David
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Thermal COTI system (or other integrated thermal)?  Just at a bad angle?  Not showing the unit inderneath? Totally guessing. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 3:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That was my first guess, but the relay prism isn't visible in front of the lenses... That was when i realized I wasn't sure about the bridge either... Custom?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
the battery caps stick out further than they should so i would think it has an insert in the battery compartment  to allow external power from an anvis battery pack
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Need night vision to see pictures. 
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the battery caps stick out further than they should so i would think it has an insert in the battery compartment  to allow external power from an anvis battery pack
View Quote
Well spotted, I didn't notice that. Though the bridge looks like it was designed for it. Who makes that?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Need night vision to see pictures. 
View Quote
Seriously. Someone burned when they shoulda dodged.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 2:31:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seriously. Someone burned when they shoulda dodged.
View Quote
Everyone's a critic ! Well, not to worry, it's not my photo.

For those who are exposure-sensitive... Not that digital elements have the same dynamic range as emulsion anyway, but hey, photography isn't my Forte.

So the wires do appear to be going into the battery compartments like Jonelot suggested.

I still can't find anything about this though.

David.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#9]
The original poster of the system didn't answer?

I'm curious as well. Looks like an interesting setup.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The original poster of the system didn't answer?

I'm curious as well. Looks like an interesting setup.
View Quote
No and I tagged them in this thread too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interesting...
View Quote
@cj7hawk I think we know the answer to this question now..
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Interesting...
View Quote
Oh snap
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top