Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2020 1:33:28 PM EDT
Any recommendations for a fixed buttstock replacement for the Walther/UMAREX MP5 .22 "tactical" rimfire?

In typical Walther fashion, they dropped them almost immediately after they offered them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember seeing a thread, I think in the HK forum, where someone modified a surplus MP5 stock to work but I can't recall the details.  As cool as the collapsing stock is, the fixed stock is definitely more comfortable to shoot.  

Attachment Attached File

ETA- The HKparts scope mount is much better (and much more expensive) than the airsoft versions that the GSG crowd seem to like.  I tried two of them, one broke and one stripped out a screw.  They offer a short and a longer version (no affiliation).  https://hkparts.net/shop/pc/hk-22lr-parts-accessories-c340/hk-mp5-22-walther-c342  That's a Primary Arms red dot which has worked fine for the purpose.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 2:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck on your search.  I tried to find one for mine for a long time but failed.  I finally gave up.  Unless you come across someone selling a used one you may be out of luck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, been looking for a fixed stock for mine for years, and the few I came across were crazy expensive.
I tried to mod an airsoft stock but I wasn’t happy with what I had.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Umarex makes an airsoft version of the MP5, maybe one of those stocks would work? Here's a version that comes with both stocks: https://www.evike.com/products/78863/  The sling mount is screwed on instead of riveted like mine but I can't tell how close they are just by the pictures.

I'm guessing you've already searched on HKPro?

ETA- It looks like the stock # for their airsoft version is VF9-STK-MP5-BK01.  A search of that finds a couple of places with them: https://www.mlemart.com/vfc-mp5-fixed-stock-for-umarex-mp5-series-gbb-v2-only/ https://www.wgcshop.com/products/vfc-mp5-fixed-stock-version-2 http://shop.kic.tw/portal_c1_cnt_page.php?owner_num=c1_33589&button_num=c1&folder_id=7145&cnt_id=86164

I have zero experience with that stock or any of those companies, just tossing that out as a possibility.  I would have no problem using an airsoft stock if it fit tightly, it's not like the gun has much recoil and the action is contained in the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I don’t know about the Umarex airsoft stock linked above but the one I tried was just a flimsy thin plastic shell.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t know about the Umarex airsoft stock linked above but the one I tried was just a flimsy thin plastic shell.
View Quote

Did it dimensionally fit?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
If I didn't have an original I'd buy one of the Umarex airsoft versions and try it, it really is more comfortable to shoot.  Looking at the picture vs. the one sold for the .22 they look similar to me.  I haven't ever seen an airsoft version in real life so I can't say for sure but it sure looks close and I have to wonder if they'd make different molds for the two different guns.  As they're both HK licensed copies and supposed to look and feel the same I also wonder if they may have used the same housing but with different innards.  

The .22 version is rigid hollow plastic with the metal sling fixture adding weight; I don't have my calipers handy but it looks like it's maybe 3mm thick.  I have handled a couple of airsoft MP5s and the GSG and yeah, they definitely felt softer and cheaper; it's been a while since I handled a real MP5 with a fixed stock but I recall the stock feeling like it was a little softer material but heavier and more robust than the Umarex sold for the .22.

It's not like the gun has much recoil and the blow back action is contained within the housing so I can't imagine much stress being placed on the stock.  We used to have a member here who had a thing for putting various .22 actions in airsoft housings.  He had a thread with a large, rather impressive looking collection but some folks were of course making fun of him and I haven't noticed him posting in a while.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
If only I had a 3D printer.  Seems like someone with one could whip them out easily.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did it dimensionally fit?
View Quote

No, too big, had to file it down & elongate the holes to fit. If I had started with a solid stock I’d have wound up with something useable. Waste of time & money. Took quite a while too.

Used to hang out on the HK pro forum years ago, once in a blue moon this same question popped up. Besides the Umarex rimfire fixed stock, I never saw anyone post they found an airsoft stock that was a direct fit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, too big, had to file it down & elongate the holes to fit. If I had started with a solid stock I’d have wound up with something useable. Waste of time & money. Took quite a while too.

Used to hang out on the HK pro forum years ago, once in a blue moon this same question popped up. Besides the Umarex rimfire fixed stock, I never saw anyone post they found an airsoft stock that was a direct fit.
View Quote

That's what I was afraid of

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m kinda hoping that when PSA starts rolling out MP5s we might see some cheap options for stocks, or cheap used takeoffs.
Magpul is making some MP5 furniture but I don’t think a stock is available.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m kinda hoping that when PSA starts rolling out MP5s we might see some cheap options for stocks, or cheap used takeoffs.
Magpul is making some MP5 furniture but I don’t think a stock is available.
View Quote

If it’s actual MP5 spec, it won’t fit the Walther .22 version
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, but if it’s a solid stock, and cheap enough, it’s a better starting point for a DIY hand fit vs a cheap flimsy plastic shell.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, but if it’s a solid stock, and cheap enough, it’s a better starting point for a DIY hand fit vs a cheap flimsy plastic shell.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have a 3D printer do you?  I'm not sending mine to anyone without a substantial deposit but I'd be willing to let someone model it in 3D if they were close.  I don't think it'd be too hard to make one, it's hollow and looks like it is two pieces made in a mold with the sling mount riveted in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top