Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2022 11:27:02 AM EDT
No interest to me but I am sure many here might want some;

Received the email today.

Dear Customer,

WE HAVE GREAT NEWS! We have acquired some military surplus M1 Carbine Magazines produced during WWII between 1942 and 1945. These magazines were manufactured through a number of prime and sub-contractors which can be identified by markings on the rear of the magazine. We have sorted these by contractor and graded them according to condition, including some unissued, in original packaging!

WWII production magazines do not come available often and we have a VERY LIMITED SUPPLY.

Because we have such a limited supply, we are initially notifying only Customers who bought an M1 Carbine from us, so you have the first opportunity to purchase.

The magazines will be turned on for sale Friday, May 27, at 9:00 AM Central Daylight time. Please note we have very limited supplies of each of these products, quantity limits will apply, and they will sell fast!

For your best opportunity to purchase, please be ready to order at 9:00 AM CDT.

Check this link at 9:00 AM Central Daylight time on May 27 to find these M1 Magazines:

https://www.midwayusa.com/military-surplus-magazines/br?cid=23391
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice- but calling BS on Midwayusa marketing

I got the same exact email.....

and never have I ever bought an M1 or any other firearm from them that would use these magazines LOL

"Because we have such a limited supply, we are initially notifying only Customers who bought an M1 Carbine from us, so you have the first opportunity to purchase."

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

and never have I ever bought an M1 or any other firearm from them that would use these magazines LOL

"Because we have such a limited supply, we are initially notifying only Customers who bought an M1 Carbine from us, so you have the first opportunity to purchase."

View Quote

#METOO

Never bought one.

I missed the boat on the CMP Bavarian Prison Guard, $595 as I recall
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see them in stock
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here.  Occasionally buy from Midway but never an M-1.  I think I have five mags for mine, enough for now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't see them in stock
View Quote

Read the OP

First come first serve starting May 27 @ 9:00 AM
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just be careful on the ''original unused ones in wrapping'' because they tend to be rusted a lot quite often.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I would never buy mags or parts still in the wrapper or so covered in grease or cosmo you can tell the condition. It is not uncommon for the parts to be rusted in the package, even when cosmoline was used. There was also used parts, sometimes refinished, repacked or packed in cosmoline.

These won’t be sold as a super deal. They will have a premium on them like the last ones and the carbines they sold.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I also got this email and I don't think I have even bought M1 Carbine parts from them over the years.

Although, the email might be based on signing up as interested in those M1 Carbines they got last year,
and if they are as proud of these magazines as they were of those carbines.....  
I suspect they will go quick and for top dollar.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I also got this email and I don't think I have even bought M1 Carbine parts from them over the years.

Although, the email might be based on signing up as interested in those M1 Carbines they got last year,
and if they are as proud of these magazines as they were of those carbines.....  
I suspect they will go quick and for top dollar.
View Quote

Yep, forgot about that;

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a M1 Carbine spring and got the email.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
It would be nice if they offered one at a discount to anyone that bought a carbine since they didn’t even come with a magazine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Also I have a bunch of the Korean made mags, they work great and are cheap.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't believe what they are charging.  To think I gave so many  NIW WW2 mags away to friends after I sold my carbine

I literally paid $1.50 each for them (in the 80s)
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can't believe what they are charging.  To think I gave so many  NIW WW2 mags away to friends after I sold my carbine

I literally paid $1.50 each for them (in the 80s)
View Quote

Hate to say it, but we are almost at the break even point in time between 1945-1980s and the 1980s-2022
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Also I have a bunch of the Korean made mags, they work great and are cheap.
View Quote

+1

I have a handful of USGI mags but I’ve had good experiences with the 15 and 30 round KCI mags.

Got this email too, didn’t buy the carbine but I was on their “interest” list when they came out.  After the $1800 sticker on the guns, these mags are going to be premium-priced.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Sale is live, looks like no shortage at these prices;

Lots of stuff in stock.

Midway now selling
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#18]
No bargains that's for sure.  Probably sell them all tho.  I'm guessing by the end of the day.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sale is live, looks like no shortage at these prices;

Lots of stuff in stock.

Midway now selling
View Quote

$100-$150 for wrapped mags, DAMN.

I HAD a couple wrapped ones, ALL of them were rusted under the wrap. Most were rusted to the point of actual pitting. I just hope people realize that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I was planning to order at least one Winchester magazine to go with the rifle that I bought, but
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I think ole Larry is smoking the devil's lettuce
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#23]
holy fuck! I bought one of there M1's and mags last year and they were pricey but they weren't fucking 100 bones EACH!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top