Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2018 12:23:24 PM EDT
If this has already been addressed, I apologize and point me in the right direction.

I have a trust with myself and one other person.  This will be my first incoming transfer since the change last summer.

How much is the kiosk for fingerprints?  If I understand it correctly, my/our prints are retained for future use?

Is it a one time charge or a charge "per transfer".

If it's a charge per transfer, is it more for 2 people on the trust?

Are the prints still printed on a card or sent in/attached electronically to my form?

The kiosk doesn't do pictures, correct?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The dealer could charge you to use their kiosk for the first time. Maybe $25 or something like that, but once you are in the system you are good to go. After that once you do your prints, input your info at the kiosk, and upload pictures via their app you are set. I have a trust with my wife on it. Once I buy the suppressor from Silencer Shop then I get and email from them to digitally sign my form, which is super easy. Honestly it’s extremly easy once you are in their system. Your prints never “expire”, but you will have to redo your pictures every year via the app.

If you buy your suppressor from Silencer Shop then there will not be an extra charge, but if you buy a suppressor from another dealer and ship it to your Silencer Shop dealer they can charge you a fee. My dealer charges me $25 for outside transfers using Silencer Shops system.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
So if I'm building a SBR, or transfering between
Individuals (i.e., not buying from silencerco, or transferring g though their dealer) some sort of fee still applies?  But it's not a standard fee?  Is it charged by silencerco or the kiosk dealer ?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Individuals (i.e., not buying from silencerco, or transferring g though their dealer) some sort of fee still applies?  But it's not a standard fee?  Is it charged by silencerco or the kiosk dealer ?
View Quote
If you do the Form 1 for a Firearm (rifle or pistol) in your possession that you will SBR then there wouldn’t be a fee if you use Silencer Shops system. You will just buy everything from Silencer Shop (tax stamp & Form 1 service). If the dealer takes possession of the firearm (SBR already) while waiting for it to be approved then there will be a fee.

My dealer charges me $25 to use Silencer Shops system for outside transfers plus a standard $35 transfer fee.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WTK: Silencerco Kiosk Questions
View Quote

Silencer Shop is a distributor that has kiosks at some of their Powered By Dealers.
Silencerco is a silencer manufacturer that sells through Silencer Shop.
Two different companies.

This will be my first incoming transfer since the change last summer.
View Quote

<---SS Powered By Dealer
41F became effective July 2016

How much is the kiosk for fingerprints?  
View Quote
No charge if you are using that dealer to receive your silencer. If you choose  a different dealer to receive your silencer, the dealer with a kiosk can charge up to $40 per person to let you scan puints on his kiosk.

If I understand it correctly, my/our prints are retained for future use?
View Quote
Correct

Is it a one time charge or a charge "per transfer".
View Quote
Again, free if you choose that dealer to receive/transfer your SS purchase. All you need to do is scan your prints one time.

If it's a charge per transfer, is it more for 2 people on the trust?
View Quote
There are no transfer fees if you choose a Silencer Shop Powered By Dealer. His fees are included in your purchase price.

Are the prints still printed on a card or sent in/attached electronically to my form?
View Quote
SS will print the scanned fingerprints to attach to the Form 4 they submit to ATF.

The kiosk doesn't do pictures, correct?
View Quote

No. You download the SS photo app to your cellphone and take a selfie.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The dealer could charge you to use their kiosk for the first time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The dealer could charge you to use their kiosk for the first time.

If you chose a dealer at checkout to receive your silencer, he cannot charge you to use his kiosk. If you chose another dealer (who does not have a kiosk), then the dealer with a kiosk can charge up to $40 to scan your prints. (Kiosks aren't free)

If you buy your suppressor from Silencer Shop then there will not be an extra charge,

Not true for the reasons above.

but if you buy a suppressor from another dealer and ship it to your Silencer Shop dealer they can charge you a fee. My dealer charges me $25 for outside transfers using Silencer Shops system.  

You are confusing transfer fees with processing fees.
I doubt your dealer only charges you $25 to transfer a silencer you bought from someone else AND process the Form 4 via Silencer Shop. SS charges their Powered By Dealers $25 for processing Form 4's on silencers BOUGHT ELSEWHERE. Your dealer most likely charges a transfer fee PLUS $25 processing fee to run it through SS.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Currently you can use Silencer Shop to process your Form 1 (Maker of an NFA firearm).
SS does not currently offer a Form 4 processing service between individuals.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you do the Form 1 for a Firearm (rifle or pistol) in your possession that you will SBR then there wouldn’t be a fee if you use Silencer Shops system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you do the Form 1 for a Firearm (rifle or pistol) in your possession that you will SBR then there wouldn’t be a fee if you use Silencer Shops system.
There most certainly can. Powered By Dealers with a kiosk can charge up to $40 to let someone scan their prints at their SS kiosk.

You will just buy everything from Silencer Shop (tax stamp & Form 1 service). If the dealer takes possession of the firearm (SBR already) while waiting for it to be approved then there will be a fee.

A Form 1 is for making an NFA firearm. The Powered By Dealer will never take possession.

My dealer charges me $25 to use Silencer Shops system for outside transfers plus a standard $35 transfer fee.
That's a huge bargain for an NFA transfer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There most certainly can. Powered By Dealers with a kiosk can charge up to $40 to let someone scan their prints at their SS kiosk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant once you are in the system there shouldn’t be a fee for Silencer Shop. Only what Silencer Shop charges to process the Form 1. I haven’t used their system for Form 1s so I’m not well versed in it though.

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a huge bargain for an NFA transfer.
I just bought a M11/9 MG and my dealer is only charging that. His NFA transfer fee is $35 per item. What’s really cool is that I was able to use Silencer Shop’s system for my Form 4 which made it easy. Just $25 for the processing fee.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just bought a M11/9 MG and my dealer is only charging that. His NFA transfer fee is $35 per item....
View Quote
I'll bet he's never calculated what insuring a $7000 gun costs him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top