Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2018 1:09:02 AM EDT
Pretty straight forward. I like the feel of the handguards and didn't like removing the rail covers. I have an Eotech 553 on it and would like to be able tp use the BUIS. The front sight is about 2" from the front of the top rail.

Which mount would push it forward the most and still be able to access with my left hand (I'm right handed). Any price option is welcomed as I can work this up till I get there.

One option I see is the Haley Strategic Thorntail, anything else I should consider? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You could always get a LaRue mount for a 1" tube light offset to the 10:30, but that's a very 2006-ish solution.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The Thorntail mount may be your best option, I would also look at Impact Weapons Components as well as they manufacture the Thorntail's and some of their other mounts that are similar that may work also.

Edit,

after some more thought, another good option would be doing a 90 degree mount or close to 90 degree off the top pic rail, like

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Offset-Rail-p/mi-r22.5.htm

or this option from Bullpup Armory

https://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/bpu-rail.htm

or lastly this option from GG&G

https://www.gggaz.com/offset-tactical-flashlight-mount.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been looking for similar solutions for a while, never really came up with anything great.  There was a thread recently where someone used a replacement top rail, I think it was from Midwest.  It was a nice setup, but the rail didn't have BUIS, so you would have to add a set.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Same here, I haven't found anything either and pretty much gave up putting a light on mine.  I have the original Haley Strategic Thorntail with a 1 inch ring but the front sight hits the bolt for the ring.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
My solution, but handguards have to be removed.  The AFG is pretty comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty straight forward. I like the feel of the handguards and didn't like removing the rail covers. I have an Eotech 553 on it and would like to be able tp use the BUIS. The front sight is about 2" from the front of the top rail.

Which mount would push it forward the most and still be able to access with my left hand (I'm right handed). Any price option is welcomed as I can work this up till I get there.

One option I see is the Haley Strategic Thorntail, anything else I should consider? Thanks.
View Quote
I had the same issues for about a year, Here’s how I approached it, you will spend some $$ but well worth it
Light on my X 95

Edit for possible questions:
1) yes you can mount flip up sights in the space between the mounts switch/light with my current set up.
2) you can attach an Mlok picattinny section and put an inforce wml in the same place if you dont want to put a ilggt and tape switch but that leaves no clearance to attach a flip up sight or anything else  unless its behind your light Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Does this light setup block the factory front sight from being flipped up?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top