Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2021 11:35:55 AM EDT
They say they are made in the US, multicurve, level iv, 5.3 lbs for $279.

On the plate itself it says "The manufacturer certifies that this bulletproof panel has been tested in accordance with NIJ standard 0101.6."

However I cant find a Voodoo Tactical level 4 or Valor Standard on the NIJ approved list.

Anybody know anything about them or seen any tests on them?

ETA here is the link https://www.voodootactical.com/valor-standard-level-iv-multi-curve-ceramic-plate-shooters-cut-10-x-12.html
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be willing to bet my whole set up that those are not actually made in America.  There is no American armor manufacturer (RMA, Hesco, LTC, Highcom, Tencate, hardwire, Point Blank) that sells a 5.3lb level IV plate for that price. Heck Hesco 4800 run roughly $1200/plate and RMA 1192 run $700/plate. Those two plates are around the 5.5lb mark.

Additionally, usually when a company uses "bulletproof" especially on the label, that is a red flag that it is Chinese.

The address on the plate directs you to a surplus store

If you look up that surplus store on an import site, it shows they do get many items from foreign countries. While it doesn't specifically say armor, this proves they have the knowledge and capabilities of buying/shipping goods from China to their facility.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Voodoo used to be an airsoft company with stuff made in China.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They say they are made in the US, multicurve, level iv, 5.3 lbs for $279.

On the plate itself it says "The manufacturer certifies that this bulletproof panel has been tested in accordance with NIJ standard 0101.6."

However I cant find a Voodoo Tactical level 4 or Valor Standard on the NIJ approved list.

Anybody know anything about them or seen any tests on them?

ETA here is the link https://www.voodootactical.com/valor-standard-level-iv-multi-curve-ceramic-plate-shooters-cut-10-x-12.html
View Quote

If you compare to the price/plate of a 5lb/plate multicurve NIJ IV plate from a reputable manufacturer, like the LTC TSI V (>$1500) or Hesco 4800 (>$1250), or to what it costs to get an in-spec ESAPI new from LTC ($945), those are absolutely too good to be true.

In that price-range, grab a set of RMA 1091-1094s. They're great plates and protect against basically all relevant CONUS threats.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Tested "in accordance with" and "tested by" are two COMPLETELY different things.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tested "in accordance with" and "tested by" are two COMPLETELY different things.
View Quote

Yup. In the body armor industry those different variations stand out a ton because they are used so often by chinese importers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies, kinda what I was thinking but figured I would ask the question.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]
"Tested in accordance with" doesn't necessarily mean "NIJ certified".

NIJ certified means the NIJ themselves tested your plate.

"Tested in accordance with" just means they tested it themselves or paid an independent lab to test it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Tested in accordance with" doesn't necessarily mean "NIJ certified".

NIJ certified means the NIJ themselves tested your plate.

"Tested in accordance with" just means they tested it themselves or paid an independent lab to test it.
View Quote

The NIJ themselves don't test anything. They have certified labs do the testing.

"tested in accordance with" is usually tested by the certified lab to whatever specifications the paying company would like. here are the certified test labs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top