Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2021 5:59:15 PM EDT
I wanted to try something a little different.

Not a review, but it's very well made / machined. The CTR stock fits tight even without the locking latch engaged. I tried to get the thinnest stock I had which is the CTR, folds pretty close considering.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Very very nice, indeed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been going back and forth on whether I want to go this route on my MCX, I'm now on stock #3, Lage Folding Stock, Sig Minimalist Plus, and now Sig Telescoping Stock. All have been great but not meeting my expectations exactly. Have you tried any other stock with the ST-6, such as the BCM Mod 0?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been going back and forth on whether I want to go this route on my MCX, I'm now on stock #3, Lage Folding Stock, Sig Minimalist Plus, and now Sig Telescoping Stock. All have been great but not meeting my expectations exactly. Have you tried any other stock with the ST-6, such as the BCM Mod 0?
View Quote

I've done the same, although I think the best Sig branded stock is the Folding Telescoping stock. It's not ideal for a scoped gun in my case.

I haven't tried it with another stock because I like the CTR but, as far as fit, it's tight. I'd think other stocks would roughly be the same.

Now folded, thicker stock won't fold as "flat". Another plus for the CTR, it's pretty narrow, as you can see in the images I posted earlier.

There's a picture on the web with the Magpul SL-K folded so you could get an idea... I'll find it and post later...

Edit, found

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've done the same, although I think the best Sig branded stock is the Folding Telescoping stock. It's not ideal for a scoped gun in my case.

I haven't tried it with another stock because I like the CTR but, as far as fit, it's tight. I'd think other stocks would roughly be the same.

Now folded, thicker stock won't fold as "flat". Another plus for the CTR, it's pretty narrow, as you can see in the images I posted earlier.

There's a picture on the web with the Magpul SL-K folded so you could get an idea... I'll find it and post later...

Edit, found

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/20200821_161126_jpg-1857896.JPG

View Quote

In the middle picture, is the stock hitting the EOTech and preventing it from closing more? Or is it the receiver? I wonder if you collapsed the stock 1-2 positions if it would fit better or if it would still have that issue.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like its hitting the receiver, collapsing the stock would increase the angle of the protrusion.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:In the middle picture, is the stock hitting the EOTech and preventing it from closing more? Or is it the receiver? I wonder if you collapsed the stock 1-2 positions if it would fit better or if it would still have that issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:In the middle picture, is the stock hitting the EOTech and preventing it from closing more? Or is it the receiver? I wonder if you collapsed the stock 1-2 positions if it would fit better or if it would still have that issue.

No, it's against the receiver as stated

Quoted:
Looks like its hitting the receiver, collapsing the stock would increase the angle of the protrusion.

Correct. For the stock to sit closer to the receiver, you would need to extend the stock.

Overall, this setup is not going to be as close (closed/folded) as a factory Sig stock. But it's not bad either, ergonomically.

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
@coregon

Since you’re an insider, how can I get a 1913 folder mechanism for the square stock setup? I don’t need the whole shebang (extension or stock), just the folder mechanism.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@coregon

Since you’re an insider, how can I get a 1913 folder mechanism for the square stock setup? I don’t need the whole shebang (extension or stock), just the folder mechanism.
View Quote

You just want the folding hinge to attach a JMAC (or other) accessory to?

Part Number: 2400954-01-R

Confirm this is what you're after
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@coregon

I believe that’s that part but doesn’t include everything I’ll need. I hope Johnny_Longslide doesn’t mind if I borrow one of his pics. I need the whole folding assembly with all hardware.

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#11]
You need these:
2400708-01-R Sig Sauer X-Fold Adapter Hinge Pivot Pin
2400954-01-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Folding Stock Adapter
2400711-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Hinge Pin Stop
2400414-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Hinge Spring
2401048-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Folding Stock Mount
2400452-01-R Sig Sauer X-Fold Adapter Stock Mount Clamp

Plus the two screws (one for the crossbolt, one to attach the stock). Not sure the specs or part #s on those - actually looking for the dimensions of the crossbolt screw because I lost mine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You need these:
2400708-01-R Sig Sauer X-Fold Adapter Hinge Pivot Pin
2400954-01-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Folding Stock Adapter
2400711-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Hinge Pin Stop
2400414-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Hinge Spring
2401048-R Sig Sauer 1913 Interface Folding Stock Mount
2400452-01-R Sig Sauer X-Fold Adapter Stock Mount Clamp

Plus the two screws (one for the crossbolt, one to attach the stock). Not sure the specs or part #s on those - actually looking for the dimensions of the crossbolt screw because I lost mine.
View Quote

Last two part numbers are OOS. I’ll see if I find those two elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the AB-8R with folding Sig mechanism available anywhere?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Had to order an entire PCB just for the hinge.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to cannibalize the PCB I have for the hinge
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#16]
My AB-8R JMac customs arm arrives in a couple of days.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I plan to use the Sig folding mech with the AB-8R arm.  I should be able to bolt the JMac customs arm to the Sig folding mech correct?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone looking at getting one of these, JMAC has a 15% off code this weekend with “Bunny21” if you want to save a few bucks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone looking at getting one of these, JMAC has a 15% off code this weekend with “Bunny21” if you want to save a few bucks.
View Quote

Well, that’s cool but sucks since I ordered mine last week.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks good! What's the LOP?

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#21]
LOP?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LOP?
View Quote

Length of Pull - Measured, straight line, from trigger face to end of brace / stock.

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Ahh, not sure I’ll measure and report back
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, that’s cool but sucks since I ordered mine last week.
View Quote

Yeah, it also sucks that they don’t have any of the AB-8R Arm Bar in stock currently to take advantage of the discount. Would have picked up one to try.

That looks good. How do you like it?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Haven’t shot it yet, but it feels great! That little cheek riser makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.jmac-customs.com/st-6-skeletonized-tube/

Hey gents, are these things perpetually out of stock? I'd like to replace my Sig stock with one from another AR I got.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Hey gents, are these things perpetually out of stock? I'd like to replace my Sig stock with one from another AR I got.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65378/Sig01-1907371.jpg
View Quote

It shows in stock (able to add to cart). For just the skel tube, you select “No” x3 then “Add to Cart”. The hinge assembly (complete assembly) is hard to find right now so the fastest way to use the skel tube is to remove the hinge assembly from a current set up and transfer it to the skel tube. I had to order a complete PCB brace and scavenge the assembly from it for the skel tube.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It shows in stock (able to add to cart). For just the skel tube, you select "No" x3 then "Add to Cart". The hinge assembly (complete assembly) is hard to find right now so the fastest way to use the skel tube is to remove the hinge assembly from a current set up and transfer it to the skel tube. I had to order a complete PCB brace and scavenge the assembly from it for the skel tube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It shows in stock (able to add to cart). For just the skel tube, you select "No" x3 then "Add to Cart". The hinge assembly (complete assembly) is hard to find right now so the fastest way to use the skel tube is to remove the hinge assembly from a current set up and transfer it to the skel tube. I had to order a complete PCB brace and scavenge the assembly from it for the skel tube.

This dude is selling the ST-6 on the EE

Click

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Click
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click

Ah copy all, thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Click

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click

No hinge though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Back in stock

https://www.jmac-customs.com/1913-folding-mech-sig/?utm_source=instocknotify&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=instocknotify
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Do I need anything besides the ST-6 from JMAC to work with MCX? Can I just take off what's on there no wand put the ST-6 on and rock on?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do I need anything besides the ST-6 from JMAC to work with MCX? Can I just take off what's on there no wand put the ST-6 on and rock on?
View Quote

As long as you have the folding mechanism then all you’ll need is the ST-6 strut from JMAC. Remove the folding mechanism from the factory strut and attach it to the ST-6, add brace. If you don’t have a a folding mechanism then it looks like you can now order the ST-6 with folding mechanism from them. Shows able to add to cart.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

As long as you have the folding mechanism then all you’ll need is the ST-6 strut from JMAC. Remove the folding mechanism from the factory strut and attach it to the ST-6, add brace. If you don’t have a a folding mechanism then it looks like you can now order the ST-6 with folding mechanism from them. Shows able to add to cart.

View Quote

Sweet all I need is the ST-6.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I want to like it, I really do.

Your have a neat build though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I want to like it, I really do.

Your have a neat build though.
View Quote

It's ok, you don't have to.

The JMac bar is not really my cup-o-tea either, but it accomplishes what I want, for the time being.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Ordered mine yesterday.

It hurt at $221.90 with tax and shipping including the sig folder. But I'm pretty stoked. No tracking # yet though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#39]
So the ST-6 in the pictures have two threaded holes but my sig folding mechanism only has one screw are the still compatible?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So the ST-6 in the pictures have two threaded holes but my sig folding mechanism only has one screw are the still compatible?
View Quote

Yes,
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks good
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#42]
How long are your orders taking to ship? A banner on the page says 5-7 days.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Gone
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody else have this gap?

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes, mine has a very slight gap like that.

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How long are your orders taking to ship? A banner on the page says 5-7 days.
View Quote

If memory serves me, that seems correct. It wasn’t immediate but wasn’t obnoxious either.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yes, mine has a very slight gap like that.

View Quote

For some reason, pic isn’t loading for me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Gorgeous setup.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Mine does not.  It fits flush to the folding knuckle.  I would be pretty unhappy if mine had a gap like that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I finally got around to installing these on my MCX's.   I'm pretty happy and they do what I wanted.  Thumbs up from me.

I didn't check through a bright window, but I didn't notice a gap in mine (installed 3).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top