Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2022 5:49:50 PM EDT
Bought this a while back. It works great with the exception of one issue. After a few minutes a tiny white spec appears in tube. It's like a tiny little light spec, it'svery small. Spot is small enough where it's still usable but annoying. Can this be repaired and what is it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandbowl1980] [#1]
I forgot to mention. The little white light/spec will at times dim down then come back. Like it's pulsating.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Bumping because I have a similar spot in my tube. It usually looks like a dark spot, but sometimes becomes an emission point, especially under very low light conditions. In the photo you can see it has a lighter halo around it, unlike the other spots in the tube

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandbowl1980] [#4]
What an emissions point and how is it bad. Can it be fixed. The one on tube in Pic will pulsate dim to bright then back again. It's a small point of light.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
As I recall, there is a member here that fixes emission points. It is basically the coating peeling on the output side? And then hitting them with a big ass laser can stop the spread.

do a search on google and it will pull up a bunch of arf hits

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Laser_Rework_for_Emission_Points___It_works_/18-442595/
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you that's exactly what I have. I will track down that business you listed and speak with Timothy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top