Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2018 12:43:38 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to pick up either a Varusteleka Skrama or a Jeff White Longhunter for a good price locally. I realize they are very different animals but I could use one of each type for various reasons. To those with experience with them, which would you consider the superior product for it's intended "purpose"?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven’t handled the longhunter. However, I do own a Skrama and love it! If you ever need to remove the heads from a flock of chickens, this is your tool. Seriously, it’s a great chopper.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven’t handled the longhunter. However, I do own a Skrama and love it! If you ever need to remove the heads from a flock of chickens, this is your tool. Seriously, it’s a great chopper.
View Quote
Thanks! I have indeed ordered a Skrama.  If you don't mind my asking, How long did it take to get to you?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks! I have indeed ordered a Skrama.  If you don't mind my asking, How long did it take to get to you?
View Quote
Good question. IIRC, about two weeks.  I’ve ordered from them 3-4 times and that’s typically what it takes.

I did have one order that took more like 3-4 weeks. It had numerous different items. I had almost forgotten about it when it showed up.   It takes a while to go from Finland to Montana but they’ve always come through.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good question. IIRC, about two weeks.  I’ve ordered from them 3-4 times and that’s typically what it takes.

I did have one order that took more like 3-4 weeks. It had numerous different items. I had almost forgotten about it when it showed up.   It takes a while to go from Finland to Montana but they’ve always come through.
View Quote
Thanks!  I got confirmation it cleared US Customs already, so maybe I'll get lucky and get it in the next week. Any issue with the handle getting loose?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
No issues thus far.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No issues thus far.
View Quote
That's great! Many thanks!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Skrama came in today. 10 days from shipping notification to my door. Not bad!  Nice chunk of steel too
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top