Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2018 1:21:42 AM EDT
What can you guys tell me about the approximate  date of manufacture and value of this axe? This is the only picture I have.

The marks show it to be True Temper Kelly Works Flint Edge double-bit axe. As you can see, it's unused and still has the wax protective coating on the blade edges and the painted Flint Edge logo.The handle is also original and like new.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#1]
In a yard sale or flea market probably about $25.  As an outright sale to the right person I'd say in the $50 range.  As far as collector value, even though it is unused, it probably won't bring a premium.. Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I've recently been getting into the vintage axe thing. I'll admit I don't know much. But.
The Flint Edge axes seem to be more desirable than just a standard Kelly axe.
Now also Kellys are not hard to come by in used condition.
But ... I gotta think that one being New In Wrapper. It will bring a premium to the right collector.
Now sorry I have no idea what the value of it would be.
Just search eBay. And base the value off comparable axes.
Cool find.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top