Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2020 7:39:36 PM EDT
I have 250 rounds of 30s-manufacture German brass ammo. What would the approximate value be?
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Couple of bucks.  Maybe three-fiddy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The biggest problem with most of that 30's manufactured german ammo is that they are total duds... not even a hangfire in the cases of ammo that I bought back in the early 90's. Dated 37, 38 and 39 with some 40's mixed in. I threw most of it away.

edit for splleingg
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The biggest problem with most of that 30's manufactured german ammo is that they are total duds... not even a hangfire in the cases of ammo that I bought back in the early 90's. Dated 37, 38 and 39 with some 40's mixed in. I threw most of it away.

edit for splleingg
View Quote
Threw it away

I love dud ammo! The bullet is still perfectly fine and you already have a pre-measured powder charge! Just add a new primed case and you have some perfect blasting ammo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
may want to try a ww2 collector page.  may hold more value for a collector.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I was young and dumb at the time and really had no knowledge of reloading and the costs involved... I bought them at a cost of pennies per round so it was no real financial impact, especially considering that actual factory new made rounds were over a buck per shot... Now of course, I would have saved the bullet and maybe the powder, just like I do nowadays with some M2 French made 30-06 from the 50's (which I am slowly taking the bullets out of, trashing the crappy brass, and using the powder as fertilizer). I did save one box of each of the ammo so I can have a historical marker of what their ammo looked like and the packaging of each. It was interesting to see the relative degradation of the ammo quality over the years, especially as the war started.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You say linked??  As on MG 34/42 belts??  That stuff is worth pretty good money on those.  I bought some of the same stuff at a auction for a bit of nothing, and sold the 50rnd segments of ammo with belts for something like $50-$75 each to collectors at a gunshow.  Most of which were just going to display it.
View Quote
Yep, on WWII-vintage DM1 continuous link belts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
About 10 years ago I picked up close to 1000 rounds of WWII German ammo on M1919 belts for $150ish.

The steel case ammo has a failure rate around 75% while the brass stuff worked 99% of the time.  Various headstamps but all in the 1937-1942 range.

I pulled the bullets on 100 rounds of same headstamped steel ammo and most of the powder was covered in rust residue.  A few drops of oil to kill the primers and put the bullets back in and drilled a hole in the case for some nice dummy displays.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top