Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2018 2:11:22 PM EDT
I'm wanting to sell my Belgian Steyr FAL but not sure of it's value . It's the fixed stock full size rifle and I bought the gun brand new around 1980.
It's been a mint safe queen its entire life with a grand total of about 300 rounds fired . I also have about 30 mags for it and some of them are still in the Belgian wrap and dated 1962 .
So what would be a fare selling price for all ? The few that pop up on GB seem to go for $3200.00 to $3500.00 . Is that a pretty accurate indicator ?
Thanks in advance .
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sear cut or not, that's will be a determining factor too. No sear cut mint 50.00 rifles go for $2700-$3500 depending on who's bidding and how bad they want them. Sear cut rifles are a bit more ranging from $3200-$5000, anything under $3700 is a GOOD price. Now you have to also add in everything else you've got and come up with a package number. FalFiles would also be a very good place to ask about it all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. How can I tell if its a sear cut receiver ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply. How can I tell if its a sear cut receiver ?
View Quote
You're going to need to google that for pictures but it's really easy to see once you see a couple of images off the internet. Little notch cutout will be in front of the trigger guard, when the rifle is in one piece.

Attachment Attached File

See the little square cut out in line with the receiver bolt....that'd be a sear cut.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just Looked. No sear cut .
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
At least 3K.   I would offer the rifle with one mag and sell the rest separately on the Files if you are a member.
Do you have the QR bipod?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At least 3K.   I would offer the rifle with one mag and sell the rest separately on the Files if you are a member.
Do you have the QR bipod?
View Quote
No on the bipod .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top