Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2020 2:01:37 PM EDT
In my thread on the cracking of my C&R safe, the VZ52 rifle was seen.  I just also "found" this web page I made for the rifle and my restoration efforts (mostly on the top handguard).

Enjoy (or throw rocks at me, whatever)

VZ52 Rifle

Rob
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. I'm a big fan of Czechnology and own two VZ58s and lots of CZ pistols. These are neat guns to mess around with and rarely seen in the wild. The ammo is out there, unfortunately not that easy to find.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have around 900 rounds of ammo.  It is mostly crap, but the first batch I had when I fired the rifle YEARS ago worked fine.  I made that web page in 2003!

I also have TWO sets of custom-made Lee reloading dies from a Gunboards group buy, also MANY years ago.

rob
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
looks good
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been wanting a VZ52 for along while now.  I just think they are beautiful rifles.  But if I get one I think I want the Vz52/57 modded rifle just for the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I wound up building my own 52/57.
Had a junk 52 with trash barrel and swapped it out with a spare 52/57 barrel I had.

Shoots fine but the stock to metal fit is bad and needs to be tightened up... maybe I'll do that while stuck at home...
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Always thought they were interesting rifles. But the ammo is what kept me away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top