Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2018 6:58:31 PM EDT
Just received an email. This should be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you hear this from? I really like PWS for sure. Must have not been a good seller for them, the PWS Summit model. I think VQ, will do them justice if they do take the Summit line over. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope they can make it pay for them.

Having owned a summit the biggest gripes were

1. Cycling ammo slow or by kids (action liked to be ran fast and hard)

2. Aftermarket barrel compatibility , some were picky even with shims on aftermarket or OEM barrels (non-pws) I ended up buying a PWS barrel to solve my issues.

3. Price - especially now with the RPR coming out this better be dialed in am supper accurate imho or it will flop again.

Question - how is VQ customer service?
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I got that email today also. I always wanted one, but by th etime I was ready to pull the trigger PWS stopped making them. According to the email thee full rifles will start at $1150 MSRP.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got that email today also. I always wanted one, but by th etime I was ready to pull the trigger PWS stopped making them. According to the email thee full rifles will start at $1150 MSRP.
View Quote
Holy shit! I’ve heard of the Toyota tax but hell 1150.00 is too much.  Barreled actions were running ~500-600 bucks if I remember right.

1150.00 is right in Annie realm and knocking on the barreled action voodoo (spelling?) arms. I know VQ makes some accurate stuff but at that price I think it will flop again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
You got those numbers right. $600.00 for a barreled action. If VQ was not so greedy these would sale really good, IMHO. I think that this will be a flop for sure. People today, are more aware of what they can build stuff for. Thanks to the net, and watching videos. If they sold for $750 to $800. I could see that. VQ... don't be so greedy, and you would sale way more of your products. VQ... you have great stuff, but you guys are out of your minds on your prices.  Just my .2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You got those numbers right. $600.00 for a barreled action. If VQ was not so greedy these would sale really good, IMHO. I think that this will be a flop for sure. People today, are more aware of what they can build stuff for. Thanks to the net, and watching videos. If they sold for $750 to $800. I could see that. VQ... don't be so greedy, and you would sale way more of your products. VQ... you have great stuff, but you guys are out of your minds on your prices.  Just my .2 cents.
View Quote
Finally back to a computer (I hate typing on my phone )

I think VQ is a little optimistic with the price.

First off,  I love the toggle action idea and I hope VQ improves the PWS design and sells a ton of them (then I will pick one up used and for a good price )

But...... This is the year of rimfire guns (imho)

Lets see

Ruger Precision Rimfire - Ruger Mags, Adjustable trigger, enlarged bolt knob, free floated, swap-able barrels, threaded barrel, MLOK for add-ons, etc..... (I know we don't know the accuracy yet but assuming it's at least CZ 455 good) - all for $400.00

Ruger Target American Rimfire - similar to the above but a traditional looking rifle in a thumbhole wooden stock that's threaded and ready to go

CZ 455 - Tried and true, much more in the way of aftermarket stuff out there

Tika T1x - Traditional action, adjustable trigger, 10 round mags, Threaded barrel, Tikka action (SMOOTH), accuracy? (knowing tikka I would guess at least CZ 455/452 good) - aftermarket goodies should start this year or year after... and all for $400.00

Lithgow L1A (or whatever it's called) - $1,000 mark, smooth action, accurate (from the reviews I have seen, which mostly have been in AU), looks great (to me)

Vudoo - Crazy accurate (Hangs with the big boys), solid action, drops in to remington 700 stocks (probably more choices of 700 stocks than 10-22 stocks), great magazines (price isn't too bad either), takes any remington 700 compatible trigger (pick your poison), Barreled actions were running around $1,450 - I don't know if that was the pre-order price or regular but it's not much more than the VQ Summit

Steyr or (ISSC) toggle action - if you're into this type of action ~$400.00 for the ISSC,  accuracy and reliability reports are spotty but it's out there and at least the action seems to run smooth.

These are just off the top of my head and shot show is right around the corner.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up two Summit actions and built one up with a Mist and another with an SB-X barrel. Lots of fun and enjoyable to shoot but not at the price that VQ is asking for them.

However I am happy to see that there will be continued support for the Summit action and hopefully spare parts if needed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I picked up two Summit actions and built one up with a Mist and another with an SB-X barrel. Lots of fun and enjoyable to shoot but not at the price that VQ is asking for them.

However I am happy to see that there will be continued support for the Summit action and hopefully spare parts if needed.
View Quote
@engineer

How do you like your Summit/Mist?  I’ve never handled a Summit- any quirks to head spacing the action?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
550.00 action

There might be hope yet. The action will be sold for 550.00.

Can’t wait to see the improvements
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@engineer

How do you like your Summit/Mist?  I've never handled a Summit- any quirks to head spacing the action?
View Quote
I think it's a great combination but there are obviously cheaper ways to get stupid quiet (bolt action rifle + rimfire can). It isn't cheap but the toggle action is enjoyable and something different.

As far as head spacing, you use the shims that are provided and a feeler gauge between the bolt face and the barrel to set the headspace - it's a pretty easy process.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I also have two summit actions I built into custom suppressed builds.  One summit has the Gemtech Mist barrel the second with a SBX shroud barrel. Love the summit action most folks that have a issue need to understand once shimmed correct they run flawless and it’s easy to do. I like the fact the Summit is a closed breeched action for Max suppressed quietness and uses 10/22 extras which means there’s a thousand ways to customize it. I can also toggle the lever faster and without losing my sight picture through optic better than say a normal bolt action reload.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I threw my hat into mix and ordered one.  I need a bolt action .22 suppressor host.  Hopefully, they fix the issues with the pws summit and make it accurate and relible as one would expect from volquartsen. I always wanted one of these for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Vudoo - Crazy accurate (Hangs with the big boys), solid action, drops in to remington 700 stocks (probably more choices of 700 stocks than 10-22 stocks), great magazines (price isn't too bad either), takes any remington 700 compatible trigger (pick your poison), Barreled actions were running around $1,450 - I don't know if that was the pre-order price or regular but it's not much more than the VQ Summit
View Quote
The barreled action is $1770.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry I'm being poor. but that price is stupid.... for a Rimfire.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh good catch - maybe the pre-order was down around $1,500 - (I think the barreled action is still missing a trigger though)

I am still optimistic because the action alone price of $550.00.

If they can dial in all the PWS short comings and have it set up to take advantage of accurate 10-22 barrels, then I might be back on the band wagon.  I have a ton of 10-22 crap and it would be nice to be able to use all that on the action.  Hell I even have a 10-22 stock similar to the GRS stock (it's the KKC) that I was hoping my Summit would go into (ergos on the stock would be perfect for the toggle action) but it's just sitting in my safe gathering dust .

My ideal summit would be
VQ summit action - (feeds smooth and reliable)
Kidd light weight barrel 16.5" threaded (comes with an accuracy guarantee)
Trigger - PWS was awesome (probably the best thing about the gun) but I would put in a Kidd single stage or Brimestone Tier 3 trigger
Stock - Fully bedded and freefloated KKC stock
Scope - There are a lot coming out - maybe PA's new 3-18 or Athlon's 4.5-27 -

Problem is to dump that kind of money on a gun, the action better work every time and be worth the price.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sorry I'm being poor. but that price is stupid.... for a Rimfire.
View Quote
When you compare it to it's contemporaries its not as outrageous but yeah it's quite an investment. Considering you'd pay the same for a Anschutz 54 actioned gun and have many less features it's not so bad.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I was told by volquartsen that they are 3 to 4 months out from delivery.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I was told some time in March.  I also emailed and asked if they had tweaked the PWS version to address some problems that had been talked about online and was told that they redesigned the firing pin that they felt was causing a lot of issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I am a Volquartsen dealer, and i was told March for shipping of Summit rifles.  I have a couple of customers that ordered direct through Volquartsen, and i am probably going to end up grabbing one for myself, just haven't pulled the rigger yet.  Still recovering from the holiday spree, and a deceased dishwasher last week.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am a Volquartsen dealer, and i was told March for shipping of Summit rifles.  I have a couple of customers that ordered direct through Volquartsen, and i am probably going to end up grabbing one for myself, just haven't pulled the rigger yet.  Still recovering from the holiday spree, and a deceased dishwasher last week.
View Quote
Did not know that you were a dealer.  Good to know in the future.

I hope it is March! You will see me sooner.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Is that going to be made available here in the US?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Doubt that.  It does show how a toggle action should work and how fast/quiet they are
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Somebody should start working on a Toggle action.....Ruger....CZ... you reading this...
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Somebody should start working on a Toggle action.....Ruger....CZ... you reading this...
View Quote

I'm dreaming of a Summit action with a left-sided toggle to build a pistol with. 
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#26]
as awesome as a toggle action is.

The Fortner action imho is better  (Anschutz 1727F or 1717F) - ~3100.00

Too bad I'm poor

Still slick as can be
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Too bad I'm poor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOXS8PG6VPQ

Still slick as can be
View Quote
I'm good with either one, .. c'mon somebody.... built one... at an affordable price point.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got this email, maybe sent to people that have one on order:

Will the receiver and bolt be available separately? Yes, they will. They can be ordered here.
Is the barrel threaded into the receiver or is it a slip fit like the Ruger 10/22? The barrel fits into the receiver very similarly to the Ruger 10/22. This is done for those customers interested in installing an integrally suppressed barrel, or any other barrel, designed for the Ruger 10/22.
So does this mean any barrel designed for the Ruger 10/22 will fit? Yes, most aftermarket barrels for the 10/22 will fit and function without any issues.
What trigger guards will work in the Summit receiver? We will be offering a trigger guard specific to the Summit rifle that will feature a 1.5 lb trigger pull, but our standard TG2000 Trigger Group will also work. In addition, most aftermarket triggers designed for the Ruger 10/22 will work. We have tested both the KIDD and Ruger 10/22 trigger groups and both functioned without issue.
What stocks will be available for the Summit? Most stocks designed for the Ruger 10/22 will fit the Summit action.
What have you changed from the original PWS Summit? We did not have to change much as the original design was very good. The most noteworthy change was the firing pin design. Our updating firing pin has taken care of any FTF or FTE issues. Of course, the complete rifles feature our match barrels and trigger groups.
Will you be servicing existing PWS Summit parts? We will be providing limited service on PWS-manufactured Summits. This work will be performed at standard shop rates.
Will the new firing pin fit in a Summit from PWS? Our updated firing pin will fit the PWS-manufactured Summit, however it is not compatible with the PWS trigger group.
When will they start shipping? We are anticipating an early March ship date for initial orders.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Tika T1x - Traditional action, adjustable trigger, 10 round mags, Threaded barrel, Tikka action (SMOOTH), accuracy? (knowing tikka I would guess at least CZ 455/452 good) - aftermarket goodies should start this year or year after... and all for $400.00
View Quote
Who has it at $400? I see Euro Optic at $468?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Who has it at $400? I see Euro Optic at $468?
View Quote
Check these guys Whittakers

Think it might be about 40.00 cheaper.

What I want to know is how changing the firing pin will help with FTF and FTE.

Can’t wait for some reviews
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Any updates on shipping times or has anyone seen them in the wild yet?
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#33]
There's a dealer who posts in a 10/22 Facebook group saying he got four actions in the other day. He posted some pictures so they're out there now.

I kinda want one to build a benchrest rifle out of.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I've got one on order and have not heard anything. I'm looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Volquartsen is still a month out on fulfilling my order. I ordered 2nd week in January.  Looks like they were correct on the time frame they told me in January. 3 to 4 months.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got word from Volquartsen that my Summit is done and will be shipping it to my FFL in the next few days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just got word from Volquartsen that my Summit is done and will be shipping it to my FFL in the next few days.
View Quote
I haz rifle....muahaha
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#38]
It is a nice gun. Action isn't too stiff and moves fairly easily. I don't detect much grittiness when I actuate it.   This would be an awesome suppressor host.  I'm going to shoot it some time next month hopefully or may leave work early to go to the range.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Just saw a video from brownell where Volquartsen stated that are going to make a centerfire version of the summit.  Not sure what caliber it will be but could be awesome for a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It is a nice gun. Action isn't too stiff and moves fairly easily. I don't detect much grittiness when I actuate it.   This would be an awesome suppressor host.  I'm going to shoot it some time next month hopefully or may leave work early to go to the range.
View Quote
My big question is whether its worth $1K.  I'm really tempted to get an action and build it up how I want, but I'm not sure it does anything better than my CZ452 at the moment...
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#41]
I really want to try one and see how much different it is than the one I had.

Coming out in 17hmr and ceterfire calibers really gets my blood pumping.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Little 300 blackout sbr would be pretty cool.

Quoted:
I'm good with either one, .. c'mon somebody.... built one... at an affordable price point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad I'm poor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOXS8PG6VPQ

Still slick as can be
I would love to shoot one. Wonder how come that guy is using his middle finger to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Curious to see how it is compared to the Izhmash.  I regret selling my 7-2 KO
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Picture for those who want to see:
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I will going out in the next few days shooting my VQ summit with the following:
Cci SV
SK Match
Lapua center x
CCI 36 grain high velocity
Super colibri
I have some blazer and blue champion federal too.

My serial number is very low and one of the first ones out.

I will give an aar after a trip to the range.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Any update on how these are running?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Glad to see the Summit is still being produced. Here is my PWS Summit with a Gemtech MIST-22 in a Magpul Hunter X-22. The red dot is a Vortex Crossfire.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top