Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2019 8:18:41 PM EDT
Hello all, I just recently came upon a VITAL-2 in a lot of gear from a buddy that passed. I tested it and it functions at this time, with the exception of a broken battery cover latch. The full kit was present which was a neat find for sure. I dug through the archives and found some very old posts (10+yrs old) with some good discussion.

Does anyone still use this model? The activation switch/ fire button seems to be located in an intuitive spot for top or right side mounting. It has multiple power settings as well as a pulse or steady mode. Additionally it only functions when the fire button is depressed, no constant on functionality. The integrated IR Illuminator seems quite weak, as referenced in the old discussions. But it does have a neat cone that blocks any accidental viewing from the target point of view.

I have a CQBL and an Insight pistol laser/illuminator currently, if I can get the battery cover latch replaced this would be a nice addition for a rifle/carbine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one. Good unit. It has a dialable intensity, different modes (steady, short blink, long blink).

Good luck finding the replacement part!  FYI, modarmory.com had some parts but I’m not sure if they had that exact part.

You’ll need supplemental IR Illum for sure.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, well MOD Armory is only a few miles away. I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me know if they had the parts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I think @Nameless_Hobo has one too. I just snagged a dbal i2 today so I now know all about underwhelmed by output and supplementing with IR illum.

This is my first class 1 unit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:15:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I'm using one. They're okay, but as you mentioned, the illum output is bad.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me know if they had the parts.
View Quote
I called them today; they only had the pressure switches. They do not do any work on the VITAL units :(

I may have to have someone 3D print something or machine a piece
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top